16717 16717 2018-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LoMackz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183704 ft
Sweden

Hi all,

As i were preparing to go outside to fly my Air today i noticed that the left antenna was loose and i cant spread the antennas like you should now. I have not dropped the antenna or anything since im a really carefull person and have only transported the RC in my flymore combo bag.

Have anyone else had this problem before? If so how did you fix it, if you ever fixed it.

Update on my case:
  • February 28: Submited my online repair request, recived my UPS shipping label the same day.
  • March 1: Sent the UPS parcel with the remote.
  • March 6: DJI Netherlands recived my RC, inspected it, and sent me the email on that they will repair it.
  • March 7: DJI completed the repairwork(or gave me a new one). The return package was also sent this day.
  • March 9: I got my RC back and its a new one. Tested it and the resulting video after it is now on youtube.

Only have positive things to say about this repair process, 10 days turnaround is really quite fast when you have to send your item to another country and back. Well done DJI!

2018-2-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I would send it in for repair and claim warranty.
2018-2-27
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Sweden

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-27 09:53
I would send it in for repair and claim warranty.

Any experience with that? How long would that take?
2018-2-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

LoMackz Posted at 2018-2-27 10:26
Any experience with that? How long would that take?

I have no personal experience but others may be able to tell you. Reports posted here vary significantly from "fast" to "slow". I guess it depends on how much workload a regional repair center has at a given time or how much work is involved for a given case or if spare parts needed are available on the spot. I imagine that your antenna should be easy to fix if no spare part has to be ordered from China first.
2018-2-27
Use props
PUMMY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 376450 ft
United Kingdom

When the warranty runs out, you could place a signal booster on there and hold it permanently, assuming the booster does a good job for your use case.
2018-2-27
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Sweden

PUMMY Posted at 2018-2-27 11:09
When the warranty runs out, you could place a signal booster on there and hold it permanently, assuming the booster does a good job for your use case.

What kind of signal booster are you talking about?
2018-2-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, ship it back asap
2018-2-27
Use props
PUMMY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 376450 ft
United Kingdom

LoMackz Posted at 2018-2-27 11:19
What kind of signal booster are you talking about?

The passive ones on Amazon that were used for the Spark.  They go for about 10 USD / GBP / EUR.  Leaving the usefulness aside (people can disagree on this point) the fitment holes means the antenna stay pointing straight up.  That is because they have a larger slot for the thicker base of the antenna stalk, and smaller slot of the tip, so it "locks" the antenna into a square position. The only movement you then have is forward or backward.  If you google "Spark Signal Booster" you will see what I refer to about locking the antennas into two sides of a square, and some videos claiming a signal boost.
2018-2-27
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have had 3 dealings with DJI Netherlands and found them excellent. One was through care refresh and the turnaround was 10 days. My other two which were not with care refresh were turned around in two weeks. Can’t really fault that.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, could you please tell me your drone's serial number? For your case, please kindly send the RC in, we would like to help on this. Please contact our support to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-27
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-27 22:22
Hi there, could you please tell me your drone's serial number? For your case, please kindly send the RC in, we would like to help on this. Please contact our support to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support

Done so, check your PM.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

LoMackz Posted at 2018-2-27 22:54
Done so, check your PM.

Appreciate your info, the serial is for me taking a note in this case. And for the RC, please kindly contact our support to start the case and send it in. Thank you so much.
2018-2-28
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-28 01:46
Appreciate your info, the serial is for me taking a note in this case. And for the RC, please kindly contact our support to start the case and send it in. Thank you so much.

Started a case and will send it today. Case number: CAS-1505686-Q9K1T3
2018-2-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

LoMackz Posted at 2018-2-28 04:55
Started a case and will send it today. Case number: CAS-1505686-Q9K1T3

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for your update. We will help to take care of it when we receive it. Hope it will be settled down soon.
2018-3-2
Use props
sitka_rn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3107 ft
United States

If there is nothing wrong with the wiring... there are multiple very inexpensive antenna spreaders on ebay,etc... 3-D printed nylon. I used one today and keeping the antennas parallel has decreased the number of Lost GPS signal errors I have been getting. Maybe an interim fix
2018-3-3
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Sweden

sitka_rn Posted at 2018-3-3 23:56
If there is nothing wrong with the wiring... there are multiple very inexpensive antenna spreaders on ebay,etc... 3-D printed nylon. I used one today and keeping the antennas parallel has decreased the number of Lost GPS signal errors I have been getting. Maybe an interim fix

Thank you for replying, could you please share a link to these antenna spreaders.

Ive already sent in the remote last week and its due to arrive at the repair facility tomorrow according to UPS. Hopefully, they will fix it fast and send it back since im going on a vacation trip soon and i want to bring my Air with me.
2018-3-4
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Sweden

Quick update on the case: According to UPS they delivered my parcel to the DJI Repair center this morning (UPS site says it was signed and everything). So from Sweden too Netherlands in 5 days, not to bad.

Waiting for them too unpack it and inspect/repair it now.

Stay tuned ...
2018-3-5
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Sweden

Another quick update: Today i recived a email saying that they have recived my RC and will do a damage assesment. About one hour later they sent me another email that inspection was complete and i will get the RC repaired free of charge under warrenty. The repair email said it will take 2-3 days to repair and will then ship to me. Will update this again as i get the updates.
2018-3-6
Use props
sitka_rn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3107 ft
United States

LoMackz Posted at 2018-3-4 00:08
Thank you for replying, could you please share a link to these antenna spreaders.

Ive already sent in the remote last week and its due to arrive at the repair facility tomorrow according to UPS. Hopefully, they will fix it fast and send it back since im going on a vacation trip soon and i want to bring my Air with me.

I got this one and seems to help by reminding me to keep my antennas at the proper angle ebay example
2018-3-7
Use props
Tatsumaru
lvl.2
Flight distance : 461506 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for keeping us up to date! I have exactly the same issue. Will be sending my controller back early next week.
2018-3-8
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Sweden

Tatsumaru Posted at 2018-3-8 10:31
Thanks for keeping us up to date! I have exactly the same issue. Will be sending my controller back early next week.

Thank you, i think its important to share these this experience as it will help both the users and DJI how their support works.

Update on my case: The shipment back to me is going quicker then i expected and it seems like it will arrive tomorrow. According the information that i have gotten it seems they are shipping me a brand new RC since it has a diffrent serial number. If it arrives tomorrow then the time it took from me sending it away, for DJI to inspect, repair and send it back to me would be 7 working days, which is alot faster that i expected. Well done DJI!
  • February 28: Submited my online repair request, recived my UPS shipping label the same day.
  • March 1: Sent the UPS parcel with the remote.
  • March 6: DJI Netherlands recived my RC, inspected it, and sent me the email on that they will repair it.
  • March 7: DJI completed the repairwork(or gave me a new one). The return package was also sent this day.
  • March 9: Expected to be delived to me(At the time of writing this the package has traveled from Netherlands > Germany > Denmark so far.

Will update one last time when i get the remote back and have tested it.
2018-3-8
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

LoMackz Posted at 2018-3-8 10:46
Thank you, i think its important to share these this experience as it will help both the users and DJI how their support works.

Update on my case: The shipment back to me is going quicker then i expected and it seems like it will arrive tomorrow. According the information that i have gotten it seems they are shipping me a brand new RC since it has a diffrent serial number. If it arrives tomorrow then the time it took from me sending it away, for DJI to inspect, repair and send it back to me would be 7 working days, which is alot faster that i expected. Well done DJI!

Nice to read positive reviews about DJI for a change
2018-3-8
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Sweden

Update on my case: The shipment back to me is going quicker then i expected and it seems like it will arrive tomorrow. According the information that i have gotten it seems they are shipping me a brand new RC since it has a diffrent serial number. If it arrives tomorrow then the time it took from me sending it away, for DJI to inspect, repair and send it back to me would be 7 working days, which is alot faster that i expected. Well done DJI!

February 28: Submited my online repair request, recived my UPS shipping label the same day.
March 1: Sent the UPS parcel with the remote.
March 6: DJI Netherlands recived my RC, inspected it, and sent me the email on that they will repair it.
March 7: DJI completed the repairwork(or gave me a new one). The return package was also sent this day.
March 9: Expected to be delivered to me(At the time of writing this the package has traveled from Netherlands > Germany > Denmark so far.
2018-3-8
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Sweden

Update on my case:
February 28: Submited my online repair request, recived my UPS shipping label the same day.
March 6: DJI Netherlands recived my RC, inspected it, and sent me the email on that they will repair it.
March 7: DJI completed the repairwork(or gave me a new one). The return package was also sent this day.
March 9: I got my RC back and its a new one. Tested it and the resulting video after it is now on youtube.

Only have positive things to say about this repair process, 10 days turnaround is really quite fast when you have to send your item to another country and back. Well done DJI!

2018-3-12
Use props
fans31d21aca
lvl.1
Sweden

LoMackz Posted at 2018-3-12 06:56
Update on my case:
February 28: Submited my online repair request, recived my UPS shipping label the same day.

I live in Sweden, Stockholm and I got the exact same issue as you do. I got a case number and waiting for a reply from DJI now (it is still processing). Will I get a parcel to send in the RC or do I have to buy a package and send it in my myself?
2018-3-18
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

Nice video and glad you got everything working again.
That was a fast turnaround on your repair.
2018-3-18
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Sweden

fans31d21aca Posted at 2018-3-18 10:38
I live in Sweden, Stockholm and I got the exact same issue as you do. I got a case number and waiting for a reply from DJI now (it is still processing). Will I get a parcel to send in the RC or do I have to buy a package and send it in my myself?

I just went into a store (office depot, fridhemsplan) and bought a parcel/kartong. Then as my case was opened i got the UPS shipping label(by email and printed it) and taped it with clear tape, packed it with some shipping support (bubblewrap all around the RC from ÖB fridhemsplan and some newspaper stuff).

To my understanding you can pack it in any box, but just make it secure and safe.
2018-3-18
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Sweden

sky6105 Posted at 2018-3-18 15:18
Nice video and glad you got everything working again.
That was a fast turnaround on your repair.

Thank you. Yes, it was accually faster then expected. Im happy.
2018-3-18
Use props
Wayne_Silver
lvl.1
Sweden

LoMackz Posted at 2018-3-18 22:05
I just went into a store (office depot, fridhemsplan) and bought a parcel/kartong. Then as my case was opened i got the UPS shipping label(by email and printed it) and taped it with clear tape, packed it with some shipping support (bubblewrap all around the RC from ÖB fridhemsplan and some newspaper stuff).

To my understanding you can pack it in any box, but just make it secure and safe.

Thanks for the description, I made it like that, let's hope it gets here by next week so I can resume my movie project.

I have not spoken anything about warranty or anything like that but this should automatically go on warranty I hope.

Update: I went to the service station with the package at 14:00 local Swedish time today.
2018-3-19
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Sweden

Wayne_Silver Posted at 2018-3-19 07:31
Thanks for the description, I made it like that, let's hope it gets here by next week so I can resume my movie project.

I have not spoken anything about warranty or anything like that but this should automatically go on warranty I hope.

It should be on warrenty. RCs have 12 months.
2018-3-19
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

sitka_rn Posted at 2018-3-3 23:56
If there is nothing wrong with the wiring... there are multiple very inexpensive antenna spreaders on ebay,etc... 3-D printed nylon. I used one today and keeping the antennas parallel has decreased the number of Lost GPS signal errors I have been getting. Maybe an interim fix

That's bogus.  The GPS receiver is in the Mavic, not the RC.
2018-3-19
Use props
Wayne_Silver
lvl.1
Sweden

Update on the case:

2018-03-18: case created.
2018-03-19: package left at UPS point.
Today: DJI have now received the RC and I got a mail saying it will take 1-2 days to make a "damage assessment".
2018-3-21
Use props
Wayne_Silver
lvl.1
Sweden

Wayne_Silver Posted at 2018-3-21 04:43
Update on the case:

2018-03-18: case created.

Today (2018-03-21): I got a reply from DJI saying that "DJI will provide you with the free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished in 2 to 3 working days, then the product will be sent back to you."

I am very happy
2018-3-21
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Sweden

Wayne_Silver Posted at 2018-3-21 10:53
Today (2018-03-21): I got a reply from DJI saying that "DJI will provide you with the free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished in 2 to 3 working days, then the product will be sent back to you."

I am very happy

Nice one!

2018-3-21
Use props
Wayne_Silver
lvl.1
Sweden

Hey, been sick and haven't gotten to try the new RC, when I tried it today I needed to update the software but when I clicked enter device it only gave me wifi and to see the camera option, seams the RC was not connected, do I need to do something before whit the RC before I can use it?
2018-4-15
Use props
Wayne_Silver
lvl.1
Sweden

Wayne_Silver Posted at 2018-4-15 10:05
Hey, been sick and haven't gotten to try the new RC, when I tried it today I needed to update the software but when I clicked enter device it only gave me wifi and to see the camera option, seams the RC was not connected, do I need to do something before whit the RC before I can use it?

It seams I got a new RC, had to reconnect it
2018-4-15
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Well done DJI, great service yet again.
2018-4-15
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well done DJI!  
Thanks for sharing the positive results.  
It encourages others to engage the company where others (unfortunately) love to just whine.  Thanks again.
2018-4-15
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

They hardly ever fix your stuff, they do a tear down to see if it's a manufacturing defect and then ship you a new one most of the time.
2018-4-15
Use props
Zigenbock
lvl.3
Flight distance : 189341 ft
United States

I was having a problem with the left antenna not staying vertical. It keeps falling back to about a 45 degrees. So after reading about problems people were having, I sent it to DJI, they looked at it and said it is perfectly acceptable and sent it back....
2018-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules