Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO MOBILE not 4k in galaxy s6!!!
2789 9 2018-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
beelzebul
New
Spain

I bought the osmo mobile (1) and I am disappointed. Nowhere did he say he could not support more than 1080p in a galaxy s6.
The galaxy s6 supports 4K but with the osmo mobile application it only lets me max 1080p.  We need a solution!
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi beelzebul, currently, 4K resolution is not available for all mobile devices, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Here is the supported list we have tested: Samsung S8, Samsung S7 Edge, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 plus, Huawei P10, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, MI Max, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE.
Temporarily, we suggest to use HID function for 4K resolution, which means when you connect to Osmo Mobile's Bluetooth, you can also use the stock Camera APP in your phone for shooting, Osmo Mobile could just to a stabilizer. The shutter and video buttons in the handle can be used to control the volume button in your phone, thereby to trigger the video and picture taking.
2018-2-27
Use props
Peter Ryder
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-27 22:39
Hi beelzebul, currently, 4K resolution is not available for all mobile devices, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Here is the supported list we have tested: Samsung S8, Samsung S7 Edge, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 plus, Huawei P10, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, MI Max, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE.
Temporarily, we suggest to use HID function for 4K resolution, which means when you connect to Osmo Mobile's Bluetooth, you can also use the stock Camera APP in your phone for shooting, Osmo Mobile could just to a stabilizer. The shutter and video buttons in the handle can be used to control the volume button in your phone, thereby to trigger the video and picture taking.

Hi Mindy Is that also the case with osmo 2 mobile? I am planning to buy but have samsung s6.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Peter Ryder Posted at 2018-2-27 23:16
Hi Mindy Is that also the case with osmo 2 mobile? I am planning to buy but have samsung s6.

Not the same, but 4K is not available for Samsung S6 with Osmo Mobile 2.
2018-2-28
Use props
Peter Ryder
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-28 00:30
Not the same, but 4K is not available for Samsung S6 with Osmo Mobile 2.

tks for info mindy
2018-3-10
Use props
Loki007420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128832 ft
United States

So shoot in your Android camera and get 4k
2018-3-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Loki is right, we suggest to use HID function, which means when you connect to Osmo Mobile 2's Bluetooth, you can also use the stock Camera APP in your phone for shooting 4K, Osmo Mobile could just to a stabilizer. The shutter and video buttons in the handle can be used to control the volume button in your phone, thereby to trigger the video and picture taking.
2018-3-11
Use props
fans24439545
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4392710 ft
Portugal

A real disapontment, as today I found out my S6 is not 4K supported in Osmo Mobile 2.
Using the phone camera app is not a solution because I need the motion timelapse option.
2018-4-20
Use props
KG33
New
Flight distance : 108058 ft
Hong Kong

fans24439545 Posted at 2018-4-20 08:20
A real disapontment, as today I found out my S6 is not 4K supported in Osmo Mobile 2.
Using the phone camera app is not a solution because I need the motion timelapse option.

Same problem here... today i bought osmo mobile 2. and mines S6 edge + camera i like it. its 16mp. still very good. but DJI not support it..
2018-4-21
Use props
jpxavier
New

United States

Return it and get Zhiyun Smooth Q2 gimbal. I returned mine because DJI's Android app lacks features compared to iPhone version.
All Samsung phones should be supported as they have the largest market share.
Zhiyun supports 4K on Android app ZY Play and all timelapse, motion lapse, slow mo functions work.
2019-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules