1158 18 2018-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MichaelDiggs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm flying. Connected my remote to an iPad mini. Just hovering. Now, how the heck do I just move the gimbal camera around? I know the camera moves to the left and right but I could NEVER get it to move in those directions while flying. I want to be able to use those two wheels on the controller to control my gimbal up/down and left/right. I actually have a pair of brand new googles and never used them yet. I just want to make sure I can fly this bird adequately before I put stormtropper googles on. I also use readers to read, so I suspect the picture will be out of focous which I see a lot of posts about. I'm like the lowest there is. 1 or 1.5. Yes, I know, very lazy here and don't want to break out the manual and read the whole thing. By the time I'm finished a new firmware would have changed it around!

Anyway, I love this bird. I did notice after the last firmware update I just did last week ( it said it needed one ) it has a hard time landing exactly where it took off. Previously when I hit land the Mav use to land exactly where it took off from. And now I see a message at the top left of my controller to reset sensors using PC. Never saw that before.
I'll see if there is a new DJ assistant out there and install it. But I just downloaded one from last week.

2018-2-27
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

The Mavic camera can't be controlled left or right - only up and down.
Read the manual please.
2018-2-27
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

actually it can be controlled (with dji goggles and headtracking gimbal control).
i do not know a way without goggles though.
2018-2-27
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

You control the tilt of the camera gimbal using the left controller wheel.
You control panning (left/right) of the camera by turning your aircraft left and right.

Unlike the Inspire series of drones, you cannot control panning the camera independently of the drone itself using only the controller.

As for your sensor issue, connect your Mavic to the computer using a USB cable, run Assistant 2, and turn on the Mavic Pro. After Assistant 2 shows the Mavic has connected, click on Calibration on the left side of the Assistant 2 screen and follow the directions to calibrate the VPS sensors. Make sure you actually click through the prompts to get to the calibration screens - there's one page which appears to display an error message in red, but it's just showing you an example... click Next to continue to the calibration procedure.
2018-2-27
Use props
MichaelDiggs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Have it hooked up to the DJI assistant now and calibration constantly fails. I get this error code.
0RM0.31060
I've tried a few times to calibrate through the software and it won't complete sucessfully. Maybe there is a hardware issue somewhere, I sure hope not, it's only like 3 months old and I've always kept very good care of it. I refreshed the firmware, which just finished sucessfully, so I'm going to try and calibrate again. I'd REALLY hate to have to send this back and wait for weeks to get it back because it won't calibrate. Ughh.

2018-2-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Page 14 of the Goggles manual says that head tracking with the goggles allows 30 degree control to left or right. Which is exactly what it does with my Goggles.
But under normal RC control it is as already said, the left/right camera view is controlled by rotating aircraft. There are one or two intelligent flight modes that will keep Mavic flying in a straight line, whilst you rotate aircraft for best shot. 'Course Lock' and 'Home Lock' spring to mind, and others allow full control whilst following or orbiting a subject.
2018-2-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MichaelDiggs Posted at 2018-2-27 17:32
Have it hooked up to the DJI assistant now and calibration constantly fails. I get this error code.
0RM0.31060
I've tried a few times to calibrate through the software and it won't complete sucessfully. Maybe there is a hardware issue somewhere, I sure hope not, it's only like 3 months old and I've always kept very good care of it. I refreshed the firmware, which just finished sucessfully, so I'm going to try and calibrate again. I'd REALLY hate to have to send this back and wait for weeks to get it back because it won't calibrate. Ughh.

What are you trying to calibrate ? The only option in Assistant 2 is the calibration of the VPS sensors.
2018-2-27
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Also, are you practiced with using either Tripod or Cinematic modes?  Both help you control left/right movements.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Michael, the gimbal is not able to control from left to right when using the RC and mobile device, only when gimbal tracking with DJI Goggles it will be able to control by the Goggles' movement.
For the vision calibration, please try another PC to calibrate it. If it keeps failing, please kindly provide me with the screenshot of the error code and the calibration log:
C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2_V1.0.4\Assistant/calibration_signal_log.txt
If you can calibrate it successfully, please check the landing again. Thank you.
2018-2-27
Use props
MichaelDiggs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Found out you can control the Mavic Pro2 camera without the RE goggles. Camera control, with just using the app and your finger. Difficult to fly though. I do have the RE goggles and now that I have the corrective lenses and they fit right on the screens I can see the screens perfectly clear now. No more fooling around with my readers falling off or sliding off my nose.

2018-9-27
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft

Why are you discussing the Mavic 2 in a Mavic Air thread?
2018-9-27
Use props
MichaelDiggs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-9-27 23:40
Why are you discussing the Mavic 2 in a Mavic Air thread?

Ooops. Obviously an honest mistake.  I will try to move them, but most likely no access to move the thread. Sorry about that.Can a moderator move the posts/thread into the Mavic Pro 2 area? I may have accidentially done it on another post also. Really sorry about that. Did not even see
the Pro 2 area until now.
2018-9-27
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

MichaelDiggs Posted at 2018-9-27 23:56
Ooops. Obviously an honest mistake.  I will try to move them, but most likely no access to move the thread. Sorry about that.Can a moderator move the posts/thread into the Mavic Pro 2 area? I may have accidentially done it on another post also. Really sorry about that. Did not even see
the Pro 2 area until now.

Don't worry about that - it's your own thread.
2018-9-28
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer

Moving would be the best option as it may confuse other MA users
2018-9-28
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlyDK Posted at 2018-2-27 15:54
The Mavic camera can't be controlled left or right - only up and down.
Read the manual please.

O M G . . . . There's a manual ???
2018-9-28
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer

FlyDK Posted at 2018-2-27 15:54
The Mavic camera can't be controlled left or right - only up and down.
Read the manual please.

He’s talking about an MP2 in the Mavic Air thread - not really confusing is it?!
2018-9-28
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-9-28 11:40
He’s talking about an MP2 in the Mavic Air thread - not really confusing is it?!

The Mavic camera can't be controlled left or right - only up and down.

When I wrote that^ - no M2P was out yet. So the answer was correct for any Mavic.
There are threads in this forum that bother my eyes more than the small mistake in this thread that the author made. It doesn't matter - let's move on.
2018-9-28
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

the wheel only turns the cam  up and down  , for panning you have to turn your whole AC   right and left
2018-9-28
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer

Someone close this thread.....  PLEASE!!!
2018-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules