Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nutless
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3087 ft
Australia

RE FIND MY DRONE FEATURE FOR PHANTOM 4 PRO PLUS,

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, I pick up a lot of very useful imformation from this forum. Could someone pls help me, i have the latest firmware updated which included pano. But i can't find "find my drone"

Does it exist ??

Thank you
2018-2-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I am not certain of this, but I beleive it is a feate on the alternative Litchi app. But in any event, it only works while your aircraft and RC unit are botrh switched on. If the aircraft battery goes flat, or you are out of radio range, you get nothing.
2018-2-27
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On first screen of DJI Go 4, or P4P equivalent :-)

Where it shows device image (and option to 'Enter Device'), tap on the three bar icon at top right of screen.
In there you should see 'Find My drone' which will show you the last recorded GPS position of device sent back to your display. If aircraft has gone beyond range of RC then it will show last position before it may have been blown further afield.
2018-2-27
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are looking for the "Find My Drone" feature it is in the upper right corner under the three tabs in the opening window of the GO App.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Nutless, I'm sorry to tell you that the P4P+ does not have "Find My Drone" currently. This request has been forwarded to our engineers. It is recommended to locate the drone via coordinates in flight records for now.
2018-2-27
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here’s the screenshots of an iOS device and a + controller. The menu drop down is available as a three dash icon in the upper right of the screen on the Go 4 app for iOS. You can see in the first image of the Pro + app that drop down doesn’t exist.

2018-2-28
Use props
NJay
New
Flight distance : 388274 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-27 19:40
Hello Nutless, I'm sorry to tell you that the P4P+ does not have "Find My Drone" currently. This request has been forwarded to our engineers. It is recommended to locate the drone via coordinates in flight records for now.

Have the engineers made any headway on this issue?
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

NJay Posted at 2018-10-14 20:14
Have the engineers made any headway on this issue?

Sorry for keeping you waiting. I have pushed our engineers again. Should there is an update, we'll release on our website at the first time.
2018-10-15
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 337953 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-15 18:11
Sorry for keeping you waiting. I have pushed our engineers again. Should there is an update, we'll release on our website at the first time.

HI I  really  hope this can be resolved. It seems ludicrous that the top of the range P4P+ model  should not have that feature. I recall it being on the Phantom 2 Vision Plus.
Further, I have the Phantom P3P as well. Now this machine operates on the Go app, Ver 3.1.5 from memory and is on the Android system. I cannot find the Find my Drone on that either. Can you please advise if it is available?

I have the Gof 4 App in which I see the feature, but that will not work on either my P3P or of course, the P4P+.

Fortunately, so  far, I have never lost one but the insurance policy would be invaluable!

Please can we have i back?!!!
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GrahamLN Posted at 3-6 02:58
HI I  really  hope this can be resolved. It seems ludicrous that the top of the range P4P+ model  should not have that feature. I recall it being on the Phantom 2 Vision Plus.
Further, I have the Phantom P3P as well. Now this machine operates on the Go app, Ver 3.1.5 from memory and is on the Android system. I cannot find the Find my Drone on that either. Can you please advise if it is available?

Hi GrahamLN, the feature request of P4P+ has been forwarded to our engineers and they will optimize in the future.

For Find My Drone of DJI GO, we're sorry that there is no plan for now, please kindly note and understand.
2019-3-6
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 3-6 23:12
Hi GrahamLN, the feature request of P4P+ has been forwarded to our engineers and they will optimize in the future.

For Find My Drone of DJI GO, we're sorry that there is no plan for now, please kindly note and understand.

DJI Susan,  does that mean the engineers are still developing the P4P+ software despite the machine being discontinued from sale ?
Or do I misunderstand ?
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Manxmann Posted at 3-7 01:30
DJI Susan,  does that mean the engineers are still developing the P4P+ software despite the machine being discontinued from sale ?
Or do I misunderstand ?

Even though the product has been discontinued, we still offer technical support. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2019-3-7
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 3-7 23:05
Even though the product has been discontinued, we still offer technical support. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.

My question DJI Susan was:-
" Does that mean the engineers are still developing the P4P+ software despite the machine being discontinued from sale ? "
I see a difference between offering "Technical Support" & "Developing Software"  I hope you can understand what I am getting at ?
Thankyou
2019-3-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Manxmann Posted at 3-8 00:20
My question DJI Susan was:-
" Does that mean the engineers are still developing the P4P+ software despite the machine being discontinued from sale ? "
I see a difference between offering "Technical Support" & "Developing Software"  I hope you can understand what I am getting at ?

I understand your point, but we do not receive any news for now. Sorry about this.
2019-3-10
Use props
fansc21125cf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 455463 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2019-3-10 02:22
I understand your point, but we do not receive any news for now. Sorry about this.

What is the status of this request?
2022-6-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fansc21125cf Posted at 6-12 12:35

Status is "Not going to happen". The P4+ is too old now.
2022-6-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansc21125cf Posted at 6-12 12:35

Sorry that "Find My Drone" is not available on Phantom 4 Pro Plus' built-in screen controller. If there is a need to see the last recorded coordinate of the aircraft, please check the flight record and pull the progress to the end. Hope for your understanding.
2022-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules