Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
T-Mobile Alcatel A30 8" Tablet
1564 2 2018-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InspectorGadget
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73793 ft
United States

Has anyone tried running the latest "DJI GO for Previous DJI 4 Devices" on the T-Mobile Alcatel A30 Tablet running Android 7.1.1 Nougat?  Anyone have any advice or comments before I try?  I have heard that Android 7.1.1 Nougat is "Buggy" with DJI GO in general with some devices, however, I've also noted some blogs that say there are devices that are currently running Nougat that are on the Compatibility Listing.  I've checked and this tablet is NOT on there, but it's fairly new (June of 2017 Was Reviewed by PC Magazine).  

Just wondering if anyone had any more information that I could use before I "Dive in" and try it.  Most likely will have to "Side Load" in I assume?

Thanks in advance for any comments/advice/general knowledge.

Inspector Gadget
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Inspector Gadget, we can not ensure the stability of the mobile devices which have not been tested. You might test on your end to see whether it works well. We'll update the recommended list as testing continues.
2018-2-27
Use props
InspectorGadget
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73793 ft
United States

Greetings DJI Susan,

Funny, but I have moved forward with the testing already.  While I have only done some stationary testing (blades off, etc.) thus far (in an area with lots of magnetic interference) I DID get some pixilation on the device despite the having a 1.5GHz quad-core and 2Gb of RAM regarding the camera view.  I may have to tinker with the display resolution a bit.  

Either way you may rest assured my ground point will be updated with my "Old Tablet" which has proven reliable despite the fact that in too is not in the authorized "Tested" listing before I switch over for my "Maiden Flight" with the Alcatel.  The old device is quite similar spec-wise, it's a Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T357T, and while it's worked flawlessly for me for over two years, it's getting rather long in the tooth.  The Android OS is also rather old (can't upgrade past Android Lollipop, at least it's not been released as an update for this model).  That device has Quad Core Processor, 1.2 GHz with 1.5Gb of RAM...... specification-wise it should be a step up, but the newer is running Nougat.  I've done some research on that and it would appear that most feedback I have seen is the newer version of DJI Go App works well with it.  I will indeed keep you updated, but today wind gusts are forecasted to 15 knots, so I'm afraid I'll have to hold off...... weather forcast for the NY area is looking pretty glum till Thursday-Friday as we're getting more snow Tues night into Wed to up to 6-8".

I'm sure other's will be asking about this platform as it's T-Mobile's "New" Tablet being offered by them.  Released last July, I am a bit surprised nobody else has asked about or provided any feedback (that I could find) about it as yet.  Can you keep this Thread open until I complete my testing for the benefit of those who might wish to know now and in the future?

Best Regards and thank you for your reply,

A.J. Lebeau "Inspector Gadget"
Computer Network Systems Administrator/Engineer
M.C.S.E., M.C.P. + I., M.C.P., CompTIA+

2018-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules