Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Where to sell P2V+?
1355 6 2015-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bosse.andrew
lvl.1

United States

Just curious for US buyers where to sell? I would like to upgrade to the Phantom 3 and sell my barely used Phantom 2 Vision + and 2 batteries. If anyone in the US is interested please reply with a good contact method.

Thanks!
2015-5-3
Use props
paco112
New

Bulgaria

Hi,
Tell me how long you have used it? Any problems with it?
And also what is the price?
2015-5-3
Use props
shep941
lvl.1

United States

Craigslist....  I might do the same but I'm going to wait to see how many problems the P3 has first.
2015-5-4
Use props
Chico1
Flight distance : 528 ft
United States

i'm selling my p2 vision plus v3. 4 months old and perfect condition. I have it on ebay right now.

Anyone where else i can list it ?

Thanks
2015-5-27
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.4

United States

You can sell it on Amazon. I never have sold anything on Amazon so I don't know what's involved but you see used thing all the time.
2015-5-28
Use props
Riff Raff
lvl.1

United States

There is always a buyer…  if the price is right.  How much of a loss are you willing to accept on your Phantom 2 to upgrade to a Phantom 3?

Where to advertise?  eBay, Craigslist, local news paper, local classifieds flyer…  Many grocery stores have a bulletin board where you can pin up a personal ad.   Take a "For Sale" sign and lean it against your chair/table/box if you are flying in a public space.

Craigslist can be a pain, but be amazingly effective for a well written ad with pictures, combined with a fair price.

Would you mind sharing your experience in selling your Phantom 2?

I suspect you will find it difficult to recoup much more than ½ of your original investment in your Phantom 2 series ‘copter.

Here’s my reasoning, the market value of the Phantom 2’s is obviously slipping.  New prices are down nearly $200 for P2 series compared to when we bought our new ones.  We pay for the privilege of flying these birds when there is demand for the product.

Putting on my buyer’s hat, I would not buy a used Phantom unless it was “perfect”.  I wouldn’t not pay more than 75% of the current advertised price for new P2’s, else I’d just go buy a new one with warranty.  The reality is that means a lightly used Phantom 2 is only going to be worth a little more than ½ of the price you probably paid for it.

Putting my P2 owners hat back on, I’ll just keep my Phantom 2 Vision and use it for a while.  Over the next year, hopefully prices for the Phantom 3 will come down and I’ll have saved up the funds to add a Phantom 3 to my collection.

For what I would get for by selling my P2, I'd rather just save up a while and add a P3 to my collection.  Then I will have the advantages of having an "old" 'copter and the new P3.  And, who knows what else will be coming to market in the coming months?  

This is just my opinion.  Good luck with whatever direction you pursue.  Without getting too much into your personal business, I’d be interested in hearing back the percentage of your original investment you are able to recover by selling your P2.
2015-6-2
Use props
acenothing
Second Officer
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Craigslist and Ebay.  They are getting about $700-$750 on Ebay, although I am not sure how.  I made an offer on one on Ebay for $550 and it went at auction @ $750ish
2015-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules