Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Carbon Props...
1809 15 2018-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ocelot27
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1163894 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got these from a crowd funding capaign on Indiegogo... They appear to be ver well made and the videos of them using a Mavic as a weed wacker are impressive - very stiff so I would expect some increase in responsiveness - will test and report back...

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

-john
2018-2-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

They at least look great.
2018-2-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Keep us posted on results
2018-2-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Look cool - hope they work!
2018-2-28
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4
United States

Carbon props on the Mavic are useless outside of aesthetics. Your drone is limited by electronics, so you are doing nothing by adding a stiffer prop in stock form. Have you ever seen the videos of the unlocked Mavics? They will ascend and descend thrice as fast as stock, but DJI limits that for smoother control and to prevent loss of control from prop wash. Also, those look dangerous with the screw, as that is a likely point of failure with the constant vibrations. There is a reason for the push-pin design, which is that it is far more reliable. Next, those things have very questionable looking quality, and who knows if they're even balanced. I've seen the videos of those things, and I bet they're not. Finally, being that those weigh a decent amount more than stock, you will decrease the battery life while flying.
2018-2-28
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

they look cool but what are they good for (apart from weed wacking - i have a much less expensive tool for that job). Responsiveness on the mavic pro can be adjusted in the settings. I have turned my down as even the default settings are too sharp, yet you could go to the max and then you have super responsiveness without the need for third party addons which in turn will annul your warentee in the event of a crash. Lastly the dji drones are essentially flying platforms for a camera and better footage happens with smoother controls, so high responsiveness is counter productive unless you are aiming for a racing drone in which case other specially designed models for racing (and crashing) at much lower prices, are available.
2018-2-28
Use props
ocelot27
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa Posted at 2018-2-28 12:09
Carbon props on the Mavic are useless outside of aesthetics. Your drone is limited by electronics, so you are doing nothing by adding a stiffer prop in stock form. Have you ever seen the videos of the unlocked Mavics? They will ascend and descend thrice as fast as stock, but DJI limits that for smoother control and to prevent loss of control from prop wash. Also, those look dangerous with the screw, as that is a likely point of failure with the constant vibrations. There is a reason for the push-pin design, which is that it is far more reliable. Next, those things have very questionable looking quality, and who knows if they're even balanced. I've seen the videos of those things, and I bet they're not. Finally, being that those weigh a decent amount more than stock, you will decrease the battery life while flying.

So have you held them in your hands, looked at the cnc machined aluminum hubs?  They are balanced and the hub bolts are secured with thread compound - so you're wrong all all accounts.  

Testing also showed increased flight time (although not very significant).
https://www.indiegogo.com/projec ... drones/x/16130420#/

I would agree they may not have any flight benefit but in terms of resisting failure during a brush with branches or other vegetation I think they offer some value.

I love when people jump all over you just for posting something interesting.

Cheers,

john
2018-3-1
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

This is what we tested on the FPV race copters .. It was just a disadvantage .. Most of the propellers were unsuccessful balance, the fall of the drones did not take the propeller, but the engine axis bent etc ... Finally we all returned to the plastic that flies 99% FPV race pilots .. Only one profit from carbon propeller is the cool design...
2018-3-1
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I remember a post  carbon fiber props That really didn't recommend using them on our drones.  
Seeing that post convinced me to keep clear of them. I try to use the advise from the forum before I do something different and destroy my MP.
But the props do look kool!  
2018-3-1
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-1 07:39
I remember a post  carbon fiber props That really didn't recommend using them on our drones.  
Seeing that post convinced me to keep clear of them. I try to use the advise from the forum before I do something different and destroy my MP.
But the props do look kool!

That's because all carbon fiber props are badly made so their aerodymamics are bad.

This one however is made precisely and uses the same mold as the oem well.

Even though they're a bit heavier, precise same mold stiffer props are better.
2018-3-1
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

ocelot27 Posted at 2018-3-1 06:02
So have you held them in your hands, looked at the cnc machined aluminum hubs?  They are balanced and the hub bolts are secured with thread compound - so you're wrong all all accounts.  

Testing also showed increased flight time (although not very significant).

Can you please post the contact email of mczid prop guys, I wanna send them a message
2018-3-1
Use props
ocelot27
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg Posted at 2018-3-1 07:54
Can you please post the contact email of mczid prop guys, I wanna send them a message

I don't have an email for them - I posted the indiegogo page - I can post the website and contact info on the box when I get home.

I have tested the fit and it's perfect - they click in just like factory - a little stiff at the joints but the factory ones are stiff when new too.

Plan to fly them today just to see if there are any issues with vibes.  My balancing test showed they were perfectly balanced.

I got them for their resistance to vegetation - I fly a lot in heavily wooded areas and close to the ground.

-john
2018-3-1
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

ocelot27 Posted at 2018-3-1 08:27
I don't have an email for them - I posted the indiegogo page - I can post the website and contact info on the box when I get home.

I have tested the fit and it's perfect - they click in just like factory - a little stiff at the joints but the factory ones are stiff when new too.

Can you pls convince them to make one for the inspire 1.. carbon folding prop for the inspire 1 using the platinum blade tip design but scale it to a total of 14.0” inches. With aluminium mounting hub as small as possible to save weight and allow big blades. It’d be better if they hear from you as an existing customer already!

Heliengadin has i1 folding prop but the design is very bad due to long metal hubs which make the propeller smaller and the propeller design is bad also.

I think mczid can design well and there could be up to 2 flight minute advantage.

The inspire 2 heliengadin had a 1min 30 increased flight time which had a good small mount design which made it efficient and retained the blade size and design.
2018-3-1
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

I have heard nothing but good things about the folding props for the inspire one. I run carbon fiber props on my MP. Granite there are cheap ones out there. I purchased mine from drone world which are very well-made props. I have yet to ever have a problem with them. My MP is very stable.
01ACB213-8D84-4DE1-BF7A-311B253BDA02.jpeg
2018-3-1
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

I will probably run the folding carbon fiber props for my inspire.
58523615-F963-4355-8C16-D07A5779C626.jpeg
2018-3-1
Use props
ocelot27
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-3-1 09:32
I will probably run the folding carbon fiber props for my inspire.

So I did some limited testing yesterday and the balance seems perfect - The mavic was a bit more twitchy but this could be from the increased stiffness - simply need more time with them and the weather is really really bad here now...

-john
2018-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules