Mavic Pro Issues with camera and SD-card
1611 4 2018-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_CRdxpmyc0NTM
lvl.1

Spain

So I bought my Mavic pro in Europe in late november 2017 and then spent all time at sea so couldn't properly try it out because of heavy workload and not ideal conditions for a novice to test it out properly. I have now been flying with it a few times and that's working well but the camera and sd-card is literally completely out of order.

I read up a lot about it and my collegues that also have the Mavic pro said they thought it was the memory card so I bought the same as they and the card works in their drones but my drone can't read the SD card. My drone can also not take pictures or film even on the ground, I have checked through all settings there are but when I slide some of the camera settings to the side they automatically slide back so I can't change them and many of my settings isn't the same as the options in my collegues camera settings. I'm planning to go back to the shop with it when I get back to Europe in 6 weeks but just wanted to check if anyone has had the same issues before, especially the problems with the camera. The gimbal seems to work and I can see the screen perfect in my phone when I fly around with it but I can't take any pictures of record even though I have a 100mb/s SD-card that works fine on my collegues Mavic pros. Is this justs a straight case of handing it back and claiming warranty on it since it simply doesn't work? It also struggles to update to the newest firmware. I had the newest until the last update now but the new one just stops as 80% or so of the updates before it "fails". Last time I tried 3-4 times before it worked and it worked better with DJI Assistent 2 than on the phone but now the DJI Assistent 2 can't even read the Firmware list.

All speculations or advice is highly appreciated!

2018-2-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to read the issue. Just to verify, have you tried to reset the camera settings? Does it work? Regarding the firmware update, is there any error code when it failed? Please try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 to see whether it helps.
2018-2-28
Use props
Robonofvg
lvl.1

Spain

Hi Susan. Yes when you click on reset camera settings it comes up as failed with no error code. There is no error code when it fails, on the DJI Assistant 2 which I habe reinstalled twice I can see the drone and the controller as connected but the firmware list that I could see first time I used it to update it after I bought it can no longer be seen even after reinstalling twice. When I try to update on my phone having the phone conmected to the remote and the remote linked with the drone it downloads it and on the bottom right where you read the total progress it reaches between 60-80% before it just says it failed and returns to the first page where it once agaim says I have to update the firmware. I have tried about 20 times on 3 different broadband connections as well as the phones 4G data.

My camera also has 3-4 less slidingbars in the camera settings compared to my collegues on top of the fact that i can't enable any of them as they slide themselves back 5secs after I altered the settings.
2018-2-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Robonofvg Posted at 2018-2-28 18:57
Hi Susan. Yes when you click on reset camera settings it comes up as failed with no error code. There is no error code when it fails, on the DJI Assistant 2 which I habe reinstalled twice I can see the drone and the controller as connected but the firmware list that I could see first time I used it to update it after I bought it can no longer be seen even after reinstalling twice. When I try to update on my phone having the phone conmected to the remote and the remote linked with the drone it downloads it and on the bottom right where you read the total progress it reaches between 60-80% before it just says it failed and returns to the first page where it once agaim says I have to update the firmware. I have tried about 20 times on 3 different broadband connections as well as the phones 4G data.

My camera also has 3-4 less slidingbars in the camera settings compared to my collegues on top of the fact that i can't enable any of them as they slide themselves back 5secs after I altered the settings.

Thanks for the clarification. In this kind of situation, I'd suggest to send it in for a fully diagnosis. Please kindly start a case from here: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-28
Use props
nivo7
New
United States

exactly the same issue also with mavic pro
2019-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules