Mavic Air and Goggles Cannot Fly Past 50m
1280 7 2018-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
off2board
lvl.2
Flight distance : 379764 ft
United States

Though my max distnace is set to 5000m and I can easily fly that far when I am flying with just my phone (no goggles), everytime I connect my goggles, I get max distnace reached at 50m.  There was 1 instance where I was able to fly past this 50m barrier, but thats it.  I have been going back and for with the support group regarding this, but it has been a slow go.  Everything is update, everything is calibrated, micro usb disconnected from controller.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  (Thinking in my head as I write this...maybe its because my controller is set to imperial, and the goggles are on metric and they cannot make that conversion???).

2018-3-1
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

You need to connect the remote controller to your phone first and launch DJI GO 4 every time you shut down your RC
2018-3-1
Use props
off2board
lvl.2
United States

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-3-1 05:13
You need to connect the remote controller to your phone first and launch DJI GO 4 every time you shut down your RC

Are you suggesting I connect with my phone first, launch the DJI GO app, disconnect my phone, and then plug in my goggles?  Or are you just suggesting that after flying with the goggles, I reconnect my phone and run the app before powering down the RC?
2018-3-1
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

off2board Posted at 2018-3-1 05:31
Are you suggesting I connect with my phone first, launch the DJI GO app, disconnect my phone, and then plug in my goggles?  Or are you just suggesting that after flying with the goggles, I reconnect my phone and run the app before powering down the RC?

Connect with your phone first, launch the DJI GO app, disconnect your phone and then plug in your goggles
You'll need to do this every time you restart the remote

2018-3-1
Use props
off2board
lvl.2
United States

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-3-1 05:35
Connect with your phone first, launch the DJI GO app, disconnect your phone and then plug in your goggles
You'll need to do this every time you restart the remote

Excellent!  This is probably why I was able to get it to fly past 50m 1 time only.  (Did this sequence and never realized it).
Thank you...I will try this after work.
2018-3-1
Use props
DTWENTY18
lvl.2
Flight distance : 235026 ft
United States

off2board Posted at 2018-3-1 05:44
Excellent!  This is probably why I was able to get it to fly past 50m 1 time only.  (Did this sequence and never realized it).
Thank you...I will try this after work.

My experienced with this is I had thought to myself that if the Goggle with the phone controlling the drone would make sense that it wouldn't allow it to fly far because of the possibility of connection incompatibility long range.

When I use the phone with the remote with no Goggle - I was able to get long distance control of my drone. So in conclusion I believe my theory could be right or wrong.
2018-3-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi off2board, DJT_MVSP is right, please connect to your mobile device firstly and then connect Goggles, the restriction should be sorted out, please let us know if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-3-4
Use props
off2board
lvl.2
United States

Thanks guys...This worked for me today.  Followed the sequence and had no issues.  Solved the problem in 2 days on the forum.   Was going back and forth with DJI support for 2 weeks with this. Frustrating.
2018-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules