Problems, problems...
804 13 2018-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevex
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I'm taking delivery of my Phantom3A early next week and decided to download the GO app today on my previous phone (Motorola G4), which I'll use just for this machine. Signing up became a pain as the app initially wouldn't recognise my password, so I reset it.Next the app froze after putting an update required window on the phone screen after the app installed. Turned the phone off / on and was then able to update.
I'm now on the connect DJI device screen and although I know I'll need the P3A in my hands to do this, the only machines on the drop down menu are Inspire 1 raw, 1 pro or 1.
I've downloaded the 'for products before P4' app. Any advice please?
Am I right that the phone will need connecting via USB to the controller?
Finally, where can I find info on the camera screen display?
Thanks.

2018-3-1
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

You will need a connection between the GO APP and the Phantom before the aircraft selection will work, Think about it, how would the APP know what aircarft to show if its not communicating with a specific model?
2018-3-1
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Great to be excited steveX !! But unfortunately like JackA said, your going to have to be a bit more patient. Good for you on your new Phantom. Take the time to download and read the manual three times. No skimming allowed. That will help keeping you from making the “My drone flew away” post.  Good Luck and have fun !
2018-3-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Only thing I would add to what's already been said is that when you've read the manual three times then go into a wide open flat grass area and practice the RTH routines. Not that you should need to use it, but if RTH initiates you will understand why and what control you have over the machine.
2018-3-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look Here for more info on the 3A, including downloads and instruction videos etc.
2018-3-1
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok I'll add a bit too,...Read the manual, but the manual is vague, very vague, so, read the forum under Phantom 3 Advance everyday. Look for any tutorial videos you can find. Youtube is a good site. Phantoms are flying cameras! Not racers, but high tech flying computers with great cameras. If you treat this machine as such, you can get many years of flying out of it.
2018-3-1
Use props
Jonimo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4515404 ft
United States

Swipe it left or right you'll see the other AC.
2018-3-1
Use props
stevex
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks for all the info chaps, lots to learn.
2018-3-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

stevex Posted at 2018-3-1 10:52
Thanks for all the info chaps, lots to learn.

Aloha stevex,

Good Luck!  The P3A and P3 Pro are great birds.  My P3P is my favorite and go to bird for long flights even though the battery offers less time in the air.  One question though, is the "Products for P4 app" related to the DJI GO app or does it mean you downloaded the DJI GO 4 app?  The P3A and P3P use the DJI GO app and the DJI GO 4 app is for the P4 series, so they are real different.

The DJI bird offerings from the app you installed use the DJI GO app to the best of my knowledge, so it looks like you downloaded the right one, but always helps to check.  One of my first problems came from installing P3A firmware on my P3P years ago.  It took a while to get that straightened out!

Good Luck, it is a real blast!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-3-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Stevex, confirm that the RC and mobile device are connected via USB cable. It is suggested to clean the mobile and reconnected with RC to see whether it helps. Once all connected well, you will see the camera view.
2018-3-1
Use props
stevex
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks...yes I downloaded the GO app for P3A and as suggested above, a swipe bought up the Phantom 3 menu. I've gone through all the phone apps and removed or disabled everything I can.
If the Motorola doesn't work I've got an old ipod I could try.
2018-3-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

One little trick once you get your P3A ...

To get GO to start up and go straight to the P3A ...... do not connect cable until after :

1. Start Phone / Tablet but only have desktop screen - Do not tap GO
2. Start Controller
3. Start P3A and let Controller LED go green showing connection to P3A
4. NOW plug in cable to phone / tablet ... this will throw up a box asking if you want to start GO (maybe USB if its first time and not default) ... tap Yes and away you go.

If you try to manually start GO because cable already plugged in - quite often it doesn't work properly - you just get a greyed out camera choice screen.

Nigel
2018-3-3
Use props
stevex
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks Nigel, tried this and all systems GO
Just wondering whether I need a bigger screen now!
2018-3-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

stevex Posted at 2018-3-3 01:30
Thanks Nigel, tried this and all systems GO
Just wondering whether I need a bigger screen now!

We all ask that !!

I have a Nexus 7 vers 2 and that fits the stock holder very nicely ... without being too big or heavy. Its old as Nexus have issued newer models ... but its cheap enough .. I bought Refurb of eBay ...

The 7" screen really makes a big difference ..

Nigel
2018-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules