D-RTK ? What does it really do?
1525 2 2018-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PascoCounty SAM
lvl.2

United States

Hello M600/M600 Pro users.  I

I am just wondering if anyone or DJI has a final set of specifications on their D-RTK unit, what EXACTLY it does, and how EXACTLY it increases precision and accuracy of Photogrammetry and Surveying projects (if it does).

The last I heard D-RK does not add improved RTK geolocations on the images.  OK, if it doesn't do that, what does it do?  Is it just for better hovering?

Anyone Please advise.  Thank you.

Alex W. Parnes, PSM
County Surveyor
Pasco County, Florida
2018-3-1
Use props
Leofuica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1107146 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Alex, is only for navigation and position, anti interference and nothing more, is not for Fotogrametry because the GPS data is obtain from normal GPS
"D-RTK is a high precision navigation and positioning system specially designed for DJI A3 series flight controllers. Using dynamic differential technology, it provides ultra-accurate, centimeter level 3D positioning. This enhanced accuracy over typical barometer, compass and GPS systems makes D-RTK essential for commercial, industrial and scientific applications where accuracy is imperative."

2018-3-1
Use props
PascoCounty SAM
lvl.2

United States

Thank you, Leofuica, I appreciate your reply.

I'm afraid, in my industry,  their D-RTK description and the one you quoted above is a bit misleading.   Especially the "...This enhanced accuracy over typical barometer, compass and GPS systems makes D-RTK essential for commercial, industrial and scientific applications where accuracy is imperative."  part.  

They (DJI) should clarify this, that it is for navigation ONLY and does not increase any accuracy and precision for Surveying and photogrammetry - only flying.  I purchased a D-RTK unit for my M600 Pro and now I believe I might be removing it from the airframe unless I can figure out how to realize some sort of positive return for using it.
thank you again for our reply.

Alex W. Parnes, PSM
County Surveyor
Pasco County, Florida
2018-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules