Got 4200 ft up- here's how to fly beyond 1640 ft
1928 10 2018-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

First of all this is not legal as anything over 400 feet is not legal but beyond that height, the drone's free fall speed is pretty much gonna be the same as one from 10,000 ft due to max velocity.
But you have to consider airplanes.
So here's how you safely fly at high altitudes. The most basic knowledge would be to fly on a non populated area so no need to write that down.

1. Check uavforecast for winds up to your altitude plan. It's important regular winds are not exceeding your max gps mode speed which will also be the max speed against winds on RTH.

2. You must have an assistant that will monitor flightradar online for the whole duration. He can zoomout the radar map and see which airplanes from a far off anf airplaines heading in a direction to your location, and he can see and update the airplane's current altitude by touching the airplane icon.

3. If you live in cool weather below 15c, no need to monitor batteries. But for 0c and below weather, obviously you must warm them up first. 0c or negative c battery can go 0 voltage while heavy current usage.
Monitor your battery temperature while going up, a lipo gets 0 voltage failure at 75c by simply having it turned on.
But a lipo gets 0 voltage failure at 60c on heavy current usage or in simply while full throttle.

If you live at a high altitude area and like a mountain, it is a nice shot to go up but remember thinner air will make your motors have to use more power. Always monitor temperature. Don't exceed 55c and you must descend if you get near that so always monitor temperature.

4. If it is cloudy and you are exceeding clouds, turn off the VPS system. Although unlikely unless you hover in the clouds, it may think you are landing and may slow descent speed to .5 m/s.

5. Have a signal line of sight and always position your drone based on the mini map and your location to have good signal.

6. Always start descending at 50%. Descent does drain battery much slower. But remember dji's stock descending speed is not fast meaning it takes time and still uses quite a bit of motor rpm.

However if your descent speed is moded then it is much better because 1000m descent will only take less than 5% battery with a fast descent though RTH descent must also be moded and your batteries will cool down due to lower rpm.

Screenshot_20180302-100504.jpg
2018-3-1
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I doubt that the users this forum have anyone or desire to use this information. I certainly don't. I very rarely go to the 400'. I am comfortable and therefore enjoy flying at 100' and when I do mapping I use 150'
2018-3-2
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

Thumbs down.  I don't have an inspire, but I wanted to see what you had to say.  It takes a lot to gain trust and not much to destroy it.  A list of "must have's while breaking the law" just isn't for me.  
2018-3-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I never fly above 400' AGL - period!
2018-3-2
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

Wow, what a remarkable post! "This is not legal...but here is how you safely fly at high altitudes"

So you have your own ATC via flight tracker and then also maintian VLOS with UAV above 4000' !!  

Sorry....you are crazy and an accident waiting to happen. There is nothing safe about any of your thought bubble comments.  It is stupidity like this that gives the industry a bad name and will one day cause a major incident.
2018-3-2
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

No-one is interested - take it elsewhere dude.
2018-3-2
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

You only use this in a deserted place where there's really no airtraffic and can be easily monitored faraway.

2018-3-2
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Same person that was suggesting we start using that flyfly firmware and was the sole tester. If there were any questions regarding his credibility, they should be answered by this post. Dude. Please. Go Away before you cause someone to destroy their bird or harm someone.
2018-3-2
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

flighttime1 Posted at 2018-3-2 18:35
Same person that was suggesting we start using that flyfly firmware and was the sole tester. If there were any questions regarding his credibility, they should be answered by this post. Dude. Please. Go Away before you cause someone to destroy their bird or harm someone.

Why would your drone crash when fly up?
And who would you hurt in a deserted place?

Flying at 400ft no different if you know follow safety procedures

2018-3-2
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

flighttime1 Posted at 2018-3-2 18:35

Drone crashes are caused by pilot error and physical obstacles.

You can only crash in the air if you dont follow the procedures

There are no obstacles in the air unless you're the hella scared and nervous pilot who never has fun. Now that would be called an obstacle imagination because there are no obstacles in the air with the procedures

But ofcourse you scared of teeh police who makes you to bow and lick their shoes. Eheheh

Funny but true

I'm not the sort of person that bows and licks their shoes

I do have fun but follow procedures for safety.

2018-3-2
Use props
Highasakite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Well, no sense in trying to go as high as I can anymore, this guy set THE WORLD RECORD! A very, very intelligent, extremely high I.Q. individual with ZERO common sense! SAFETY FIRST! Ken.
2018-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules