Glad I had my prop guards on
487 5 2018-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DangerousLampost
lvl.1

United States

Second flight log headline: Glad I had my propeller guards / training wheels on
Well I've got beginner mode off, but as I'm still such a newbie at this, I still have those prop guards installed around the Air. I can't help feeling a bit like a dog wearing a cone of shame, which is appropriate for this trip. Seeing that there was no one around on the entire block, I decided to take my Air out for a walk down the sidewalk like a dog. With collision avoidance off, it was a dream to manually control it right in front of me even in 10-15 knot swirling winds, a few feet off the ground. Half way down the block, we turned into an empty parking lot with a cherry tree in full blosom.

So of course we flew up a few feet to get a better view of the tree, when due to my own stupid error I crashed straight into the tree. Cherry blossoms everywhere - wish I'd set the video to 120fps to get that, but it was still pretty spectacular at 30. Fortunately, the prop guards bought me a few precious seconds of time during which I was able to recover and back out of the tree without any harm being done.

Nice recovery, we went back out to the sidewalk, where I spied a few people a block away approaching. I hand-landed the Air in plenty of time and that is just such a cool thing to do.

Weird, I kind of feel like this drone is some weird kind of cyber pet. I feed it electricity at night, we go out for walks, runs, and flying during the day.

I'd post the video but it's kind of lame.

2018-3-1
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Never be ashamed to have your prop guards on. They can save your aircraft as you found out or prevent injury. Glad your aircraft is ok. We all learn from these experiences.
2018-3-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Agree with Mullheliflier and glad that your drone is alright. Please make an overall inspection and see if everything is in good condition. If there is a need, you can also send the drone in for an overall check. Please contact our support for a further help: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nothing wrong putting on prop guards - I still use them when I fly indoors.
2018-3-2
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

Is normal. No worry
2018-3-2
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

No video is lame it is a learning curve.
2018-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules