Flashing RC icon on app - what does it mean?
3920 21 2018-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

In the short clip below it shows my RC icon image flashing on the djigo4 app.
Does anyone know what this means?
Does anyone know what may be causing this?
Devise used during flight of the clip below - Samsung S7 - all app versions are most recent v4.3.

2018-3-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I haven't noticed this happening for me yet. It does not look like indicating bad signal because all bars are on. Could it maybe indicate low battery on RC?
2018-3-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-2 03:45
I haven't noticed this happening for me yet. It does not look like indicating bad signal because all bars are on. Could it maybe indicate low battery on RC?

My battery still ( i have just checked it right now) still indicates 45%.
I made the clip while flying my third battery after i had fulled recharged - so that appears to be normal
2018-3-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-3-2 03:59
My battery still ( i have just checked it right now) still indicates 45%.
I made the clip while flying my third battery after i had fulled recharged - so that appears to be normal

It was just a thought. Hopefully a DJI representative will spot your question and can enlighten us.
2018-3-2
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Is it flashing on the RC LCD screen as well?
2018-3-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-2 04:11
It was just a thought. Hopefully a DJI representative will spot your question and can enlighten us.

i appreciate your consideration to the issue.
2018-3-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

QuadKid Posted at 2018-3-2 04:22
Is it flashing on the RC LCD screen as well?

interesting point - i did not notice in particular but will pay attention that that when i do my next flight - just waiting for batteries to charge up again. - will let you know.
2018-3-2
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Sorry to be the one to tell you this, but check your Mavic Pro User manual V2.0 page 46.
"This icon shows the strength of the remote controller signal. The icon will blink when an interference is recognized during flight. When there are no additional warnings in DJI GO 4, it means that the interference will not affect operation and overall flight experience."

2018-3-2
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I guess it is wise to read the manual when something unusual shows up on the controller.

Thanks EastyT  
2018-3-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

EastyT Posted at 2018-3-2 07:20
Sorry to be the one to tell you this, but check your Mavic Pro User manual V2.0 page 46.
"This icon shows the strength of the remote controller signal. The icon will blink when an interference is recognized during flight. When there are no additional warnings in DJI GO 4, it means that the interference will not affect operation and overall flight experience."

Thanks i did check page 46 - if you were not intending to be 'funny or overly smart' then i can't imagine why you would feel the need to apologize.
However i do appreciate the constructive part of your input - it brings me to the realisation that there is a different version in existence to the one that i have saved as a quick link in my bookmarks.

2018-3-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-2 08:50
I guess it is wise to read the manual when something unusual shows up on the controller.

Thanks EastyT

and so i did -
2018-3-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-2 04:11

The answer was given to me by EasyT
Although i had checked my bookmarked copy of the manual, i did not know there was a new version and thats where the answer is found
2018-3-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-3-2 09:30
The answer was given to me by EasyT
Although i had checked my bookmarked copy of the manual, i did not know there was a new version and thats where the answer is found
[view_image]

Great hint of EasyT then! Now we have to find out if it applies only to MP or also the other models. I can't remember having read it in the MA manual but will check again.
2018-3-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-2 09:34
Great hint of EasyT then! Now we have to find out if it applies only to MP or also the other models. I can't remember having read it in the MA manual but will check again.

I also did not see it in the manual - turns out there is a version 2 - here is the link
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 0Manual%20V2.0-.pdf

Please check out my new thread about "what causes interferance" - would appreciate your input on the question if you have any.
2018-3-2
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-3-2 09:20
Thanks i did check page 46 - if you were not intending to be 'funny or overly smart' then i can't imagine why you would feel the need to apologize.
However i do appreciate the constructive part of your input - it brings me to the realisation that there is a different version in existence to the one that i have saved as a quick link in my bookmarks.

No, not funny or smart, I just hate to be the one harping on folks to read the manual.
2018-3-2
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

It means you have a piece of junk, that will malfunction at any moment. Just like my piece of crap that could have killed people.
2018-3-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

EastyT Posted at 2018-3-2 10:49
No, not funny or smart, I just hate to be the one harping on folks to read the manual.

You should never hesitate to do so, it is important!
2018-3-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-3-2 09:58
I also did not see it in the manual - turns out there is a version 2 - here is the link
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic%20Pro%20User%20Manual%20V2.0-.pdf

Yes I shall check out your new thread and respond if I have something to contribute. For MA I can meanwhile report that we do not seem to have this function under discussion in this thread here in GO 4.
2018-3-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

EastyT Posted at 2018-3-2 10:49
No, not funny or smart, I just hate to be the one harping on folks to read the manual.

i did not consider your advise as "harping on".
Sometimes a simple answer eludes the enquirer - i for one was very grateful that you helped my question - you were the only one to provide the answer i was looking for.

I missed the fact that there was a new version out so by telling me it was in version 2 was most helpful.

You were not harping - you were most helpful - you could feel proud of that, not apologetic - thanks again.
2018-3-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

Bulldog Posted at 2018-3-2 10:55
It means you have a piece of junk, that will malfunction at any moment. Just like my piece of crap that could have killed people.

yeh bulldog - i recently had a few nights with bad dreams that woke me up - dreamed i crashed my drone.
Feel really bad for you - i would be furious too. just out of interest - what devise were you using?
2018-3-2
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I do have the new version 2 manual. I usually read thru it to see what is new. Missed this!

But I have never seen the flashing RC icon and I am sure I have had some interference of some kind at some point. It probably did blink and I missed it.

I like to say That this is what the forum is for, keeping us updated on things like this. As Wachtberger said in post #17 "You should never hesitate to do so, it is important!"

Thanks again EasyT   

2018-3-2
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-3-2 13:15
yeh bulldog - i recently had a few nights with bad dreams that woke me up - dreamed i crashed my drone.
Feel really bad for you - i would be furious too. just out of interest - what devise were you using?

with the crash, Pixel. Same one I have used for 95% of my flights. Thanks for the kind words also.
2018-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules