DJI spark Gimbal calibration
19800 22 2018-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chiefdh
lvl.1

China

Hello everyone ,
  My Spark crashed a few days ago , the Gimbal Roll & Pitch Axis Module breakdown, I bought a replacement Roll & Pitch Axis Module and assembled it , Now the Spark self-check everything is ok, but the Gimbal always downward, you can see the picture.  I think maybe need to calibrate the Gimbal , but I can't find a way to do it . so , does anyone know it ? Thanks a lot!
spark.jpg
2018-3-2
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

interesting accompanying
2018-3-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can't on the spark     
2018-3-2
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

You can't calibrate but you can adjust the gimbal in roll and pitch.  You tap the three dots in the upper right of DIJ Go 4, tap the second to bottom icon in the list (looks like camera with line over it), tap Adjust Gimbal, tap Pitch, tap left or right circular arc until you get where you want, and tap Complete.  That might or might not work, depending on how far yours needs adjusting.  I have used the roll correction to get the horizon level.
2018-3-2
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

is it downward when the drone is off? because thats normal
2018-3-2
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I think he has it on...you see the red lighting and red light on the drone's right front arm...so in his picture the gimbal should be looking ahead if he just powered up.
2018-3-2
Use props
chiefdh
lvl.1

China

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-3-2 13:18
You can't calibrate but you can adjust the gimbal in roll and pitch.  You tap the three dots in the upper right of DIJ Go 4, tap the second to bottom icon in the list (looks like camera with line over it), tap Adjust Gimbal, tap Pitch, tap left or right circular arc until you get where you want, and tap Complete.  That might or might not work, depending on how far yours needs adjusting.  I have used the roll correction to get the horizon level.

I have tried before, but I can't adjust to the desired position.
2018-3-2
Use props
chiefdh
lvl.1

China

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-3-2 13:39
I think he has it on...you see the red lighting and red light on the drone's right front arm...so in his picture the gimbal should be looking ahead if he just powered up.

yes ,I have just powered up , but the Gimbal can't  look ahead.
2018-3-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

chiefdh Posted at 2018-3-2 16:49
yes ,I have just powered up , but the Gimbal can't  look ahead.

Hi, there. Please try to flash the firmware and see if the gimbal works normally. If not, please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support Thanks for your support.
2018-3-2
Use props
thevolvoguy35
lvl.2
United States

The gimbal will not move even when you try to manually adjust it in the gimbal settings?  Does the app show a gimbal overload or a gimbal error?  Best of luck to you, I hope you can get it sorted.
2018-3-3
Use props
chiefdh
lvl.1

China

thevolvoguy35 Posted at 2018-3-3 09:46
The gimbal will not move even when you try to manually adjust it in the gimbal settings?  Does the app show a gimbal overload or a gimbal error?  Best of luck to you, I hope you can get it sorted.

no err , no overload . I disassembled a Gimbal Roll & Pitch Axis Module,after analyzing the circuit and components inside, I know the Gimbal need to calibration, but the DJI didn't open this function .
2018-3-3
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

chiefdh Posted at 2018-3-3 18:46
no err , no overload . I disassembled a Gimbal Roll & Pitch Axis Module,after analyzing the circuit and components inside, I know the Gimbal need to calibration, but the DJI didn't open this function .

I guess you're right, it doesn't seem to do a self calibration on startup (it does not move all the way up and down, it just goes straight to its desired position). Which probably means you need special DJI software to calibrate it...
2018-3-5
Use props
chiefdh
lvl.1

China

KurtVD Posted at 2018-3-5 19:19
I guess you're right, it doesn't seem to do a self calibration on startup (it does not move all the way up and down, it just goes straight to its desired position). Which probably means you need special DJI software to calibrate it...

yes . I return back the Spark to DJI now, wait result . thanks!
2018-3-6
Use props
Uberspark
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hey, how did you get this fixed in the end? I have exactly the same problem (I also replaced the gimbal with a new one after I broke it)
2018-3-16
Use props
chiefdh
lvl.1

China

Uberspark Posted at 2018-3-16 12:41
Hey, how did you get this fixed in the end? I have exactly the same problem (I also replaced the gimbal with a new one after I broke it)

DJI help to calibrate the Gimbal , Repair Service Fee is 60RMB.
2018-3-18
Use props
Uberspark
lvl.1
Switzerland

chiefdh Posted at 2018-3-18 17:24
DJI help to calibrate the Gimbal , Repair Service Fee is 60RMB.

60 RMB that's like 10$ usd? Even though you had voided the warranty?
2018-3-20
Use props
chiefdh
lvl.1

China

Uberspark Posted at 2018-3-20 05:08
60 RMB that's like 10$ usd? Even though you had voided the warranty?

Yes!
According to the Repair standard of DJI, This spark has no Repair value, But I spent more than 200 RMB to fix it.  finally, I can't solve the Gimbal calibration , after disassembling the Gimbal, I analyze internal component , I think that only DJI has the means to calibrate the Gimbal, so I turn to DJI for help. After DJI tested the Spark and found no other problems, so they helped to calibrate the Gimbal. This Spark is all right now.
2018-3-20
Use props
fanscee0ea08
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

There is some python tools which can calibrate the DJI Spark gimbal ,

These simple tools will work if your gimbal is in good condition and only requires calibration. for example, the roll and pitch movements work , but the allowed limits of -10 is not enough to get the gimbal to the required position. Search github or send pm
2018-9-28
Use props
uskhan
lvl.1
Pakistan

fanscee0ea08 Posted at 2018-9-28 16:19
There is some python tools which can calibrate the DJI Spark gimbal ,

These simple tools will work if your gimbal is in good condition and only requires calibration. for example, the roll and pitch movements work , but the allowed limits of -10 is not enough to get the gimbal to the required position. Search github or send pm

can you please provide the link to the tool that you have mentioned to in your reply
2018-10-15
Use props
JohnTB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35187 ft
South Africa

uskhan Posted at 10-15 04:32
can you please provide the link to the tool that you have mentioned to in your reply

Here is a link: https://sparkpilots.com/threads/dji-spark-gimbal-calibration-after-repacing-the-gimbal-cable-solution.11414/?utm_source=daily_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=11-4-18
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JohnTB Posted at 11-4 13:25
Here is a link: https://sparkpilots.com/threads/dji-spark-gimbal-calibration-after-repacing-the-gimbal-cable-solution.11414/?utm_source=daily_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=11-4-18

Hi, thanks for sharing the link, however, using our application the calibration for gimbal is not yet supported. Please let us know if you need our assistance.
2018-11-5
Use props
fanscfa3ac34
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33 ft
  • >>>
Canada

uskhan Posted at 2018-10-15 04:32

I have this gimbal repair tool software that was sent you after purchasing a gimbal for repair and it did not shot straight. After using the calibration tool tge gimbal straighten out and now works fine. I been looking for the same software tool for the mavic air if its available out there.
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fanscfa3ac34 Posted at 2-18 20:34
I have this gimbal repair tool software that was sent you after purchasing a gimbal for repair and it did not shot straight. After using the calibration tool tge gimbal straighten out and now works fine. I been looking for the same software tool for the mavic air if its available out there.

Hi, we're glad that you've managed to fix the problem on your Spark. The "GImbal Auto Calibration" setting is available on our DJI GO 4 app with the Mavic Air. You may check this setting under the Gimbal Settings. Please let us know if you have other queries. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules