Mavic Pro flight time average
10135 13 2018-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic_Pilot73
lvl.1
Chile

Hi guys can you tell me what is the flight time average for Mavic Pro on this two scenarios:
1.- All time flight recording
2.- All time just flight, no record no photo

the specs said up to 27 mins of flight but in which conditions?

regards,

Mavic_Pilot73

2018-3-2
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

wind is the big enemy
2018-3-2
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

27mins is under optimal conditions and you probs wont really ever acheive this ... its quoted as being 0wind and flying 15mph forward or something (more efficient flying forward) .. you can however expect 24mins standard flight time, i have got 24mins easily on a few occasions and landed with 20% (dont fly lower than 20%)

I dont think record/non recording really effects the flight time in the slightest.
2018-3-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Air temperature, wind speeds, flight speeds, age of battery, using intelligent flight modes like active track, using sport mode, flying long distances from your position - all of this will impact on flight times. Video recording with have a minimal effect. My flight times landing on 10-15% with my Mavic Pro Platinum vary from 22-28 minutes per battery averaging 25 minutes.
2018-3-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

the 27 min advertised is in the perfect case scenario for the mavic as dannyb points out. Any deviations from this 'absolute ideal' eats a bit extra battery - but not so much as to make a significant difference. flying in sport and hovering consumes more battery than flying forward in regular speed. Fighting against wind and flying in cold temps will also take extra out. my batteries are now 1 year old, i always fly in sport mode and often in pretty strong wind - in these conditions i get about 17 min (landing with about 20% battery)
2018-3-2
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-2 13:24
Air temperature, wind speeds, flight speeds, age of battery, using intelligent flight modes like active track, using sport mode, flying long distances from your position - all of this will impact on flight times. Video recording with have a minimal effect. My flight times landing on 10-15% with my Mavic Pro Platinum vary from 22-28 minutes per battery averaging 25 minutes.

Also dependent on Altitude.  Where I normally fly is 600' above sea level.  On vacation in Colorado in the mountains, my max was 13,110' above sea level.  At home, I get 25-27 minutes no problem.  In Colorado, I was getting maybe 15 minutes per battery.. and I wan't pushing it hard.  Thinner air, motors work harder
2018-3-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, altitude too and hovering times - my point is that there are many variables that impact on flight times and not just recording video
2018-3-2
Use props
Mavic_Pilot73
lvl.1
Chile

Thanks to all of you guys for your comments and share experiences now I'm  very clear about the real world conditions flight vs the manufacturer specs.
great flights to all!
2018-3-5
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I am at 5200 feet and I usually get any where between 17 to 22 minutes. Less then when I first got my MP. 20 to 25 minutes of flight time.

I think as the batteries get old they do loose a bit of power, Loss of power means less time in the air.
2018-3-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-5 12:26
I am at 5200 feet and I usually get any where between 17 to 22 minutes. Less then when I first got my MP. 20 to 25 minutes of flight time.

I think as the batteries get old they do loose a bit of power, Loss of power means less time in the air.

Agreed. My very first I got with my Mavic still get me 19 mins. I Rarely fly my battery under 25%
2018-3-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-5 12:26

Very true - the cells will naturally degrade over time. If you hold down the power button on the battery for several seconds without releasing when you first press it will light up the LED's. Each LED light that flashes shows a 12.5% loss and each that do not light up at all show a full 25% loss. When one LED is completely lost it's time to stop using the battery as the mAh will be less than 75% of capacity. To revive the cells it's advised to discharge the batteries to 8% then fully recharge the battery to 100% every 20 flights (according to DJI). Store the batteries at 40% power level and don't feed them after mid night
2018-3-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-3-5 12:52
Very true - the cells will naturally degrade over time. If you hold down the power button on the battery for several seconds without releasing when you first press it will light up the LED's. Each LED light that flashes shows a 12.5% loss and each that do not light up at all show a full 25% loss. When one LED is completely lost it's time to stop using the battery as the mAh will be less than 75% of capacity. To revive the cells it's advised to discharge the batteries to 8% then fully recharge the battery to 100% every 20 flights (according to DJI). Store the batteries at 40% power level and don't feed them after mid night

"...and don't feed them after mid night"
Are full moon nights also critical? ;-)
2018-3-5
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-5 12:52
Very true - the cells will naturally degrade over time. If you hold down the power button on the battery for several seconds without releasing when you first press it will light up the LED's. Each LED light that flashes shows a 12.5% loss and each that do not light up at all show a full 25% loss. When one LED is completely lost it's time to stop using the battery as the mAh will be less than 75% of capacity. To revive the cells it's advised to discharge the batteries to 8% then fully recharge the battery to 100% every 20 flights (according to DJI). Store the batteries at 40% power level and don't feed them after mid night

Thanks A CW  
2018-3-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-5 13:01
"...and don't feed them after mid night"
Are full moon nights also critical? ;-)

Only if you have silver bullets in the house