RTK Ground System phase center point where is ti??
1835 7 2018-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PineBeetle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 383825 ft
Canada

Hello

I am new to the M210 RTK World.  We establish ground control (pin in the ground) using Trimble R8 and R10 and we want to set the D RTK ground system over this established point. I am wondering where the phase center of the D RTK Ground system unit is.  The antenna is off to the side of the center ground station and the tripod mount is closer the center.  Can anyone advice where this point is. I know there is only 5cm approx difference.

Does the unit compensate for the antenna and bracket center difference.

Thanks in advance  

ground station system.jpg
2018-3-2
Use props
Leofuica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1107146 ft
  • >>>
Chile

This systems dont have off set, because is only for NAVIGATION and you never can download RTK info for tag any photo
2018-3-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It's in the center position of the RTK antenna. If you set the GPS coordinate yourself, it's in the center of the RTK antenna which is perpendicular to the ground. And it will not compensate the difference, you need to measure the precise the center position.
2018-3-5
Use props
PineBeetle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 383825 ft
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-5 00:37
It's in the center position of the RTK antenna. If you set the GPS coordinate yourself, it's in the center of the RTK antenna which is perpendicular to the ground. And it will not compensate the difference, you need to measure the precise the center position.

Thanks that’s what I figured.  Poor design on DJI’s part as the antenna should be directly over the bracket attachment for tripod use.
2018-3-5
Use props
CACT
lvl.1
Spain

Leofuica Posted at 2018-3-3 16:09
This systems dont have off set, because is only for NAVIGATION and you never can download RTK info for tag any photo

Hi.

We are working with a M600-D-RTK, and i have a doubt.

From what I've been reading here and elsewhere,
it is clear to me that the RTK is for positioning only; right?
So, the coordinates data (EXIF) in the photos, are they from the 3 antennas of the GPS?

That´s my real question, the coordinates in the metadata corresponds to the gimbal position or the center of the aircraft (3 antennas of the GPS)?

Thanks
Carlos A.
2018-7-4
Use props
Leofuica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1107146 ft
  • >>>
Chile

CACT, first sorry but involuntary press Downvote and the system dont support revert .

Ok, first: you right, the RTK is only for navegation purpose
Second, the GPS coordenates have obtain fron regular GPS antenna, not from 3, only for the active antenna
Third, because the coodinates read from a normal GPS antenna is irrelevant, the error is from 1 meters to 5 meters

Bye
2018-7-4
Use props
klop123456
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1932913 ft
  • >>>
South Korea

Center is number 2
2018-7-5
Use props
CACT
lvl.1
Spain

Leofuica Posted at 2018-7-4 17:37
CACT, first sorry but involuntary press Downvote and the system dont support revert .

Ok, first: you right, the RTK is only for navegation purpose

Leofuica, Don´t worry for the downvote.

Thanks for the time to answer to me.

All the best
Carlos A.
2018-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules