Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MPP propellers overheating MP motors?
1552 18 2018-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MiniPalourde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Hello,

I am tempted to buy MPP propeller for my Mavic Pro. We all know that people have been saying over the forums that these props give a slightly increased flight time and a noise reduction because they decrease the motors' RPM.

However, the MPP propellers are longer than the default MP propellers. in consequence, they increase the torque on the MP's motors.  

Could this lead to overheating, or a shorter life for the Mavic Pro motors? From what I have heard, the Mavic Platinum has better ESCs and bigger motors. It has been designed for these longer propellers.

2018-3-2
Use props
TexasAerials
First Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

the platinum has the same motors, just the esc method for controlling the pulses of power to the motors to regulate speed is improved.  the pro platinum props cause the motors to spin about 4-500 rpm slower in a hover than the standard props, as they have a slightly higher pitch than the standard props as well.  the stock props are 8.3" and a 3" pitch, while the platinums are 8.3" and 3.1" pitch.  they have a wider blade as well, that makes them a little more efficient in moving air, so a big part of the noise reduction comes from the lower rpm that the motors are turning, and the remainder comes from the design of the tips of the blades (fastest moving part of the blade). which reduces the high pitched buzz or whine from the drone in flight.  finally, DJI says there is no problem running the platinum props on the standard mavic pro.  
2018-3-2
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

What you might get is a gimbal/camera shake. Some have said they haven't had any issues but a lot have including me. I took them off and reinstalled the original props.
2018-3-2
Use props
MiniPalourde
Second Officer
Canada

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-3-2 15:15
the platinum has the same motors, just the esc method for controlling the pulses of power to the motors to regulate speed is improved.  the pro platinum props cause the motors to spin about 4-500 rpm slower in a hover than the standard props, as they have a slightly higher pitch than the standard props as well.  the stock props are 8.3" and a 3" pitch, while the platinums are 8.3" and 3.1" pitch.  they have a wider blade as well, that makes them a little more efficient in moving air, so a big part of the noise reduction comes from the lower rpm that the motors are turning, and the remainder comes from the design of the tips of the blades (fastest moving part of the blade). which reduces the high pitched buzz or whine from the drone in flight.  finally, DJI says there is no problem running the platinum props on the standard mavic pro.

Thank you for the quality comment!
2018-3-2
Use props
MiniPalourde
Second Officer
Canada

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-3-2 15:32
What you might get is a gimbal/camera shake. Some have said they haven't had any issues but a lot have including me. I took them off and reinstalled the original props.

Why would you have this problem with the MP but not with the MPP though?
2018-3-2
Use props
CalvinC
Captain
Flight distance : 1267831 ft
United States

I personally don't have any problems with the MPP propellers on my MP. They perform flawlessly. There must be some bad batches of MPP propellers that are out of balance which causes the gimbal/camera shake.
2018-3-2
Use props
joe_gadget
Second Officer

Australia

I understand you'll need to update the firmware which should ensure the props work correctly. As to the so called gimbal vibration issue, I doubt anyone knows why this happens to some mavics and not others.
2018-3-2
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

FW was completed but that did not take it away. Threw them (original DJI props) in the garbage (just wanted to test) and continued with the original props which has worked flawlessly,
2018-3-2
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-3-2 15:42
Why would you have this problem with the MP but not with the MPP though?

It's a mystery why they worked with some MP and not others.  I don't have the MPP.
2018-3-2
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-3-2 19:28
It's a mystery why they worked with some MP and not others.  I don't have the MPP.

I have an MP manufactured in November 2016 and it flies like a dream with the new silent props. A couple of people I know who fly with MP have all the new props on.

American conspiracy or error in manufacturing?

Regards Leif.
2018-3-2
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.4
Australia

Also some people have damaged tips on their props that don't look bad enough to make a difference, but it can.

The tip-drag reduction  from the Winglets on the hi-efficiency props depends on them being as they came out of the factory.

Someone who has damaged them a bit and straightened them with a finger doesn't understand they work best within Thousands of an Inch tolerance.

Worse still damaged props that look OK but are not can cause false Sensor Warnings as they can unbalance the bird with abnormal torque-registry.

2018-3-2
Use props
frankengels
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2273796 ft
Belgium

Using also the low noise props on my Mavic Pro from early December 2016 and there are no technical issues.
2 things I noticed:
Prop shadows occur up to a larger angle  , especially in winter times due to the lower sun
a little bit less agile in sports mode, probably due to less rpm

I am using them especially when I don't want to disturb pepole beeing for recerational activities in nature
2018-3-2
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Seriously op? Do some resesrch. They both have same motors just different esc's... reg mav pro is fine with them!!!
2018-3-2
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I will say they are garbage on a reg mav pro u will prob get vibe issues with gimbal tested 3 pairs direct from dji, went back to stock all good. Plus they are thin at the ends and u have to be very careful how u store mav pro...just wasnt worth it.
2018-3-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-3-2 15:15
the platinum has the same motors, just the esc method for controlling the pulses of power to the motors to regulate speed is improved.  the pro platinum props cause the motors to spin about 4-500 rpm slower in a hover than the standard props, as they have a slightly higher pitch than the standard props as well.  the stock props are 8.3" and a 3" pitch, while the platinums are 8.3" and 3.1" pitch.  they have a wider blade as well, that makes them a little more efficient in moving air, so a big part of the noise reduction comes from the lower rpm that the motors are turning, and the remainder comes from the design of the tips of the blades (fastest moving part of the blade). which reduces the high pitched buzz or whine from the drone in flight.  finally, DJI says there is no problem running the platinum props on the standard mavic pro.

Great info!     
2018-3-3
Use props
frankengels
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2273796 ft
Belgium

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-3-2 23:58
I will say they are garbage on a reg mav pro u will prob get vibe issues with gimbal tested 3 pairs direct from dji, went back to stock all good. Plus they are thin at the ends and u have to be very careful how u store mav pro...just wasnt worth it.

I have to technical issues at all, no vibration.
Seems that mines are well balanced from stock**.
Only thing to mention, as already mentioned above is prop shadows at a larger angle compared the standard props towards the sun.

**Balancing propellers and rotors is a common task before mounting or replacing for all my RC airplanes and helicopters
2018-3-3
Use props
MiniPalourde
Second Officer
Canada

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-3-2 23:55
Seriously op? Do some resesrch. They both have same motors just different esc's... reg mav pro is fine with them!!!

LOL!  "do some resesrch" Come on man. We see in this thread that although the 2 Mavics are very similar, the MPP propellers are not perfect and can cause balance issues on the regular Mavic. I am not buying MPP propellers because they clearly are not fine with original Mavic Pro.
Can you please, like, leave this thread and stop commenting on the forum? I am sorry but I don't need a newbie to tell me if my threads are alright or not.

2018-3-3
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

They say the MPP props can be used on the MP but you won't get *as much* flight time increase and noise reduction...
2018-3-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, the low noise propellers are compatible with Mavic Pro, it will not cause the overheating or reducing the life of the drone. Thank you for your attention.
2018-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules