Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
its FRIED or its normal? ULTRASONIC sensor PH4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
calero911
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95597 ft
Spain

Hi, today i got an error, was telling me ULTASONIC SENSOR ERROR please land inmediatly, now i have seen the ultrasonic sensor and its like two little black dots on the same position of both sensors, i don't know what it is, its weird, i smell it and doesen't smell like burned or something... for the answers is just brand new i got it like 4 days ago... No smashes, no hits, nothing...
2018-3-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you only got it 4 days ago, then take it back and exchange it. Don't try to solve a problem that happens on a brand new item.
2018-3-2
Use props
calero911
lvl.1
Spain

here is a picture to you can see
2018-3-2
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

calero911 Posted at 2018-3-2 15:03
[view_image] here is a picture to you can see

I think that is normal.

Are you still getting a VPS altitude reading?  If so then the ultrasonics are working.

Have you got anything under the aircraft that might be blocking the sensors?  Maybe a gimbal guard?
2018-3-2
Use props
calero911
lvl.1
Spain

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-3-2 15:23
I think that is normal.

Are you still getting a VPS altitude reading?  If so then the ultrasonics are working.

What's VPS? like the altittude from the ground? sorry for the ignorance, everyday before starting the drone i take off the gimbal guard...
2018-3-2
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

calero911 Posted at 2018-3-2 15:26
What's VPS? like the altittude from the ground? sorry for the ignorance, everyday before starting the drone i take off the gimbal guard...

It may have been a one time false alarm.
Do you get the error message every time you fly?

I suspect the wording of that message is bad.
The ultrasonic sensors shouldn't make much difference to your flight anyway.
I saw the message once when it was not possible to land and the Phantom came home normally and the message hasn't been seen since.

VPS is the Vertical Positioning System.
The ultrasonic sensors are part of the VPS.
If your Phantom is in VPS range (up to 10 metres up), at the bottom of the screen, you should see VPS and a number indicating the height above ground.
Above 10metres, this disappears
2018-3-2
Use props
calero911
lvl.1
Spain

Labroides Posted at 2018-3-2 16:09
It may have been a one time false alarm.
Do you get the error message every time you fly?

I contacted to dji support and they make me calibrate it then tomorrow ill fly and i will se if its solved no worries... I think if i can calibrate and i have seen in the dji pc app the cameras working its fine
2018-3-2
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

calero911 Posted at 2018-3-2 16:39
I contacted to dji support and they make me calibrate it then tomorrow ill fly and i will se if its solved no worries... I think if i can calibrate and i have seen in the dji pc app the cameras working its fine

Realize you have two types of downward sensors...
One is a the ultrasonic, those are the two inner sensors that uses sound waves to determine landing area and distance to land, also for maintaining a position.
The two outer sensors are cameras that also determine distance and landing area suitability as well as for determining precision landing (compares takeoff area to landing area to ensure drone lands almost on same spot it took off from), also used to maintain a position.
These capabilities are primarily used where there is no GPS or when indoors.
You can read about these in your manual: starting on page 27 (for P4P)

Update: for the P4 it would be page 25 in the manual v1.6
2018-3-2
Use props
calero911
lvl.1
Spain

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-3-2 17:11
Realize you have two types of downward sensors...
One is a the ultrasonic, those are the two inner sensors that uses sound waves to determine landing area and distance to land, also for maintaining a position.
The two outer sensors are cameras that also determine distance and landing area suitability as well as for determining precision landing (compares takeoff area to landing area to ensure drone lands almost on same spot it took off from), also used to maintain a position.

Thank you, but then you say in the calibration i didn't use the ultrasonic sensors true? Tomorrow i'll see how it works
2018-3-2
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

calero911 Posted at 2018-3-2 17:13
Thank you, but then you say in the calibration i didn't use the ultrasonic sensors true? Tomorrow i'll see how it works

Honestly, I've never done that type of calibration so I cannot say with certainty, others who have can chime in.
However, you stated you could see the camera images were working, which is why I wanted to point out that you have two types of downward facing sensors.  
When you calibrate I'd assume you are calibrating both but I don't know for sure.
Let us know how your test goes tomorrow.
2018-3-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

calero911 Posted at 2018-3-2 17:13

Please also check if there is a need to update the firmware. I am looking forward to your feedback on the flying test.
2018-3-3
Use props
calero911
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-3 02:05
Please also check if there is a need to update the firmware. I am looking forward to your feedback on the flying test.

Fine thank you, i'm doing it at the afternoon i hope everything goes well
2018-3-3
Use props
calero911
lvl.1
Spain

Then if my alttitude on the drone is showing on the life view, i can be calm?
2018-3-3
Use props
calero911
lvl.1
Spain

Hi guys, everything okay, i don't know how it was, i don't know.. today i just flown and all good and working ill see if this happen more or not
2018-3-3
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

calero911 Posted at 2018-3-3 16:36
Hi guys, everything okay, i don't know how it was, i don't know.. today i just flown and all good and working ill see if this happen more or not

Good to hear
Fly Safe
2018-3-3
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe a bat flew past the aircraft and the bat ultrasonic navigation system confused the drone ultrasonic sensors?
2018-3-4
Use props
calero911
lvl.1
Spain

i don't know what could happen today im flying too so if isn't happen i can say "its solved"
2018-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules