APP disconnect from drone mid-flight
1785 12 2018-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hoenma
New
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United States

Hello, I'm new to the whole drone realm, I'd like to think I'm doing alright so far.

So my main concern was when I went to fly my Mavic Pro today, I noticed that the app was showing that it was disconnected from my drone mid-flight, I was still able to fly the drone with the controler; so I landed it and restarted everything. Then when I took off again everything seemed fine for a few minutes, then it did it again, then it fly away back to home. (Thank god it didn't just fly off into the sunset)

The disconnected notification was on the top left of the screen on my phone and the bar was red.

Anyone else have this issue at all?

Also after I restarted everything, the app was saying something about updating firmware even though I checked it before the first take off.

Thanks in advance,

Hoenma
2018-3-2
Use props
Hoenma
New
United States

Edit: Also forgot to mention, I'm using the OnePlus3 with the latest updates on both phone and DJIPro4 app.
2018-3-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With all connected and powered up (props off as a precaution if indoors), have a look at 'General Settings' / 'About' in DJI Go 4 App'. This will list firmware, application versions, and fly-safe databases in use by your system. It should look similar to this:-

IMG_4988 - Copy.PNG
2018-3-3
Use props
Bernardo3477
lvl.1
Flight distance : 746148 ft
Brazil

I'm having exactly the same problem, but it seems to happens just in a specific location. Any Clues?
2018-3-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hoenma, as you mentioned above, the drone was controllable when the disconnect happened, it might be the mobile device or transmission disconnected. Please try to fly in another place, avoid the interference, change the connecting cable, reinstall the latest DJI GO 4 app (note to back up the files and sync the records on the DJI GO 4 app before moving the app). Or if it is possible, please also try another mobile device that is on the support list to test. devide support list.png
2018-3-4
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

I see a lot of similar problems on the internet using the update 01.04.400?
2018-3-4
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft
Spain

It seems like I had a very similar issue just yesterday. Before that, all flights went without any issues and then yesterday the AC started to disconnect mid-flight. Looking at the flight logs, there is a status mentioning "Downlink Restored".

I would appreciate any help on this.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-138774-1-1.html
2018-3-4
Use props
Hoenma
New
United States

Thanks, I will be try to fly in another location when it gets a little warmer. Weather has not been my friend the last few days. Also I will be getting the Samsung Galaxy S9+ next week, so I will be flying with that one as well. All my firmware on the app and the aircraft are up to date so I know that wasn't the issue. Starting to think it might have been the buildings causing interference. I will update this thread with my findings in the coming weeks.
2018-3-7
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

It looks like a phone issue to me.
Always kill off all apps before loading the go 4 app. Ensure all trivial apps are removed from phone used for drone. Delete all unessary data frome phone and keep it that way. Memory management is automatic but can be impaired by amature apps. Go 4 is a large and complex app and needs memory without glitches.
2018-3-7
Use props
chiplifter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

Hoenma Posted at 2018-3-7 23:23
Thanks, I will be try to fly in another location when it gets a little warmer. Weather has not been my friend the last few days. Also I will be getting the Samsung Galaxy S9+ next week, so I will be flying with that one as well. All my firmware on the app and the aircraft are up to date so I know that wasn't the issue. Starting to think it might have been the buildings causing interference. I will update this thread with my findings in the coming weeks.

It happened 2 times in the last week, last time yesterday. Only remedy so far imho is to shutdown the AC or the RC (not midflight ofcourse). Restarting phone or app does not result in proper connection. Good to know I am not alone withthis problem. Happened never before since  I bought the Mavic.
My phone: Huawai TAG-L21, Android 5.1
BTW, also problem with Litchi, not isolated to DJI 4 Go. it is not location related. It happened to me at 2 seperate locations with no interference. In my timeline are some posts in 2 seperate threads with more details on what happened.
2018-3-7
Use props
chiplifter
Second Officer
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-4 21:11
Hoenma, as you mentioned above, the drone was controllable when the disconnect happened, it might be the mobile device or transmission disconnected. Please try to fly in another place, avoid the interference, change the connecting cable, reinstall the latest DJI GO 4 app (note to back up the files and sync the records on the DJI GO 4 app before moving the app). Or if it is possible, please also try another mobile device that is on the support list to test.[view_image]

Happened twice to me last week on different locations.
2018-3-7
Use props
chiplifter
Second Officer
Netherlands

See my posts on this topic.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-138893-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=139205 entry 16#
https://forum.dji.com/thread-139254-1-1.html

I also got sometimes messages about need to update firmware after startup the devices, while everything is on latest version.

2018-3-8
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

This also happened to me but with the mavic air always in the same spot.
I went up high and looked around and found there was tower about a mile or so away that transmitted to
the hospital so i must of been flying in the transmission beam.
Ever sense I moved from that flying area no problems.
Check you surroundings.
2018-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules