How to take photos?
7255 9 2018-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tpmtek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1017 ft
United States

I just got a new Spark. How do you get it to take a photo? The camera button on the top right don't seem to do anything other then go into photo mode.  Videos record and save fine. Photos I don't get anything. I dont have an sd card in the drone but videos go straight to my phone. So why don't photos go straight to my phone? Last why don't it take photos in the first place? Ive had drones under $50 that took photos without issue
2018-3-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Did you check the playback in your drone? Please ensure that there is enough space in your phone. Or you can try to change a mobile device to connect your drone. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-2
Use props
tpmtek
lvl.2
United States

I did not have an option for playback it was grayed out. I had approximately 3gb free on my Galaxy S8. From my further testing, it seems spark can only take and save photos if an sd card is present in the drone. It dont matter if I used Wi-Fi or the controller. In either case photo button on dji go 4 or controller would not take any pictures until I put an sd card in the drone. Furthermore, I went to format the card within dji go 4 once i realized i could now take pics. Wellal it damaged the card to where I can no longer format in my windows 10 comp either. I previously never had any problems with this card until I put it in the spark. So I don't know what's up with that. Other then all of this drone is great.
2018-3-2
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have found that when I press the shutter button on the remote it selects the camera mode. Press the shutter button again and it takes the photo.
2018-3-3
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2018-3-3 06:38
I have found that when I press the shutter button on the remote it selects the camera mode. Press the shutter button again and it takes the photo.

Yes for example if you are in video mode, pressing the photo shutter button switches the mode and then pressing it again takes a photo. If you are already in photo mode, pressing the shutter button takes a picture.
2018-3-3
Use props
Hddeuce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128261 ft
United States

BeastMaster_101 Posted at 2018-3-3 08:11
Yes for example if you are in video mode, pressing the photo shutter button switches the mode and then pressing it again takes a photo. If you are already in photo mode, pressing the shutter button takes a picture.

This!  

When I was new, I missed a few photo's thinking it was taking them when I pressed the photo button while recording video.
2018-3-3
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Hddeuce Posted at 2018-3-3 17:11
This!  

When I was new, I missed a few photo's thinking it was taking them when I pressed the photo button while recording video.

Glad I was able to help!
2018-3-3
Use props
tpmtek
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the replies guys. I got a new 32gb sd card to put in the spark today. Worked great I was able to snap away photos.
org_6c449bbc0341893c_1520120054000.jpg
2018-3-3
Use props
Hddeuce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128261 ft
United States

Well, hopefully you helped lol!  Let's see if that advise corrected his issue
2018-3-3
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can take photos when in Photo mode, not while you're in Video mode, so you have to see the camera icon on the right of the DJI GO4 Application similar you would when taking photos on your smartphone.
2018-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules