809 5 2018-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Literally second impression, since first specimen went back to a dealer after test flights exhibiting notorious Compass Error issue. Expected solution by new FW release (01.01.0600) didn't fix it, perhaps due to a severity of issue with this particular bird. Replacement is flying fine so far, although the weather allowed for a couple only, very conservatively executed test flights.

Yet, something is troubling me, something difficult to articulate or describe. A feeling of being ... cheated, for the lack of better words. Why my Matrice 200 maximum speed (in P-mode) is around 13 m/sec, not 17 m/sec as specified? Such performance will put this bird on the same shelf with Phantom 4, which is not what I've paid for. Is it a result of recent FW tweak in an attempt to eliminate the plague of Compass Error issue? I hope not.
2018-3-3
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Hi Matthew, I felt the M210 very smooth and slow in the air. I didn't test the M210 before 01.01.0600. Do you feel a difference in speed between previous FW update and this one? thank again for sharing you experience ! good luck body !
2018-3-3
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-3-3 01:30
Hi Matthew, I felt the M210 very smooth and slow in the air. I didn't test the M210 before 01.01.0600. Do you feel a difference in speed between previous FW update and this one? thank again for sharing you experience ! good luck body !

No, I can't tell the difference, there was not enough time nor conditions to perform more elaborate testing of these two specimens i had. I was able, however, push the throttle to the max while testing second drone with 0600 FW, and all I can say is that she's not flying as fast as specified. She's not slow though, 13 m/sec is still impressive enough for this particular machine, but ... Anyway, more tests must be done to get better picture of overall performance of M200 as for now
2018-3-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, just to verify, did you fly with the obstacle avoidance on? You can try to disable it and try again.
2018-3-5
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-5 04:14
Hi there, just to verify, did you fly with the obstacle avoidance on? You can try to disable it and try again.

I will, Thor, thank you for the tip!
2018-3-5
Use props
Pawell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 990256 ft
Poland

It might be possible that they limited the output power as I suspected - reducing wind resistance and speed below the specifications. Hope DJI responds to these issues.
2018-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules