Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Change Gimbal Wheel Direction
4632 9 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lassek
lvl.1

Germany

Hi folks,
does anybody have an idea, how to change the direction of the Gimbal Tilt Controller on the P3?  
thanks in advance

2015-5-4
Use props
paul.roebuck
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The little wheel on the rear left hand side of the remote control tilts it up and down, and the button underneath the remote on the left switches it to down facing, if thats what you mean
2015-5-4
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

reverse the tilt command? Sorry it can't..
2015-5-4
Use props
lassek
lvl.1

Germany

paul.roebuck@k3 Posted at 2015-5-4 18:08
The little wheel on the rear left hand side of the remote control tilts it up and down, and the butt ...

No. What i mean is the fact, that, if i turn the wheel to the right, the gimbal lifts up the cam. I need it in the other direction. At the P2 it was easy to change it via the software.
2015-5-4
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.3

United States

I think they have it right, pushing the wheel up or to the right will make the camera go up...why would you want it reversed...
2015-5-4
Use props
Rothgarr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 470663 ft
United States

I can understand wanting to change it -- most games let you change the up/down axis since people have a preference.

I'm mostly tempted to try changing the sticks. In games like Halo I'm used to moving/strafing with the left stick and using the right stick to aim (it's the other way around on the Phantom controller).

Anyone else try changing the defaults?
2015-5-4
Use props
lassek
lvl.1

Germany

Jerdel Posted at 2015-5-4 19:33
I think they have it right, pushing the wheel up or to the right will make the camera go up...why wo ...

I´m working for 12 years as a oneman cameracrane-operator, so i´m used to push a stick to look down... It works without thinking about it, feels like brain to screen directly. Before i changed it at the P2, i ALWAYS tilted in wogng direction. Maybe the guys at DJI have forgotten this feature? I can´t join the chat, because my chinese is not existent.   
2015-5-4
Use props
coreynach
lvl.1
Flight distance : 208589 ft
United States

DJI-Autumn, and official DJI rep, has already answered. No you can't reverse its direction. Perhaps now that you have made the request, DJI will consider this as an updated App feature in the future (since it's a simple software change... to allow for reversing of channels)
2015-5-4
Use props
electricpomme
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24272 ft
United Kingdom

It is more intuitive for the view to go down when the wheel goes up in a way like pushing the stick forward on a plane to go down.
2016-5-2
Use props
harleydood
lvl.1
United States

lassek@networkf Posted at 2015-5-4 20:12
I´m working for 12 years as a oneman cameracrane-operator, so i´m used to push a stick to look d ...

I couldn't agree more.  I've been trying to change the gimbal wheel direction on my Inspire 1.  I flew a buddy's Inspire, and his wheel was pull left to tilt up.  Mine is the opposite.  He doesn't know how he changed the setting.  So after wasting about 30 minutes hunting for the setting, I finally contacted DJI via chat.  Seems none of those monkeys don't know how to change it, either.  They keep guessing.  "Did you try this..." blah, blah, blah.....
2016-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules