1407 3 2014-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cmjdavies
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15669462 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just upgraded everything on my P2 HD3D, GPHero3plus and the gimbal is making an awful noise - motor buzz - in any position except 0 and 90degrees. Also, it isn't very responsive to the slider on the back of my controller anymore. For example I have to move the slider half way before the gimbal even begins to pitch up.

Is there any way I can go back to the old firmware?

Thanks

Chris
2014-10-29
Use props
spangard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 588642 ft
United States

Chris,
I had a similar problem a couple weeks ago. There is a tiny set screw hidden at each of the articulation points on the gimbal. One of your set screws is loose so the gimbal is basically spinning around inside itself. It's as if the clutch has gone bad. Get out a flashlight and find each of those tiny screws. One of them is loose. Straighten the gimbal and then tighten the screw and you'll be good to go. You use the included allen wrench to do the tightening.
2014-10-29
Use props
cmjdavies
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15669462 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

spangard@digita Posted at 2014-10-30 03:00
Chris,
I had a similar problem a couple weeks ago. There is a tiny set screw hidden at each of the a ...

Hi,

Thanks for that. I wasn't completely sure what you were describing but I went through all of the screws on the gimbal and pinched them up. I didn't find any Hex screws that you said, everything was a + head screw.... but whatever, it's worked so thank you and thanks for taking the time to reply to me,

Chris
2014-10-29
Use props
spangard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 588642 ft
United States

Awesome! Glad to help. It took a couple of days for me to figure that one out when it happened to me. The responses were pretty much all, "buy a new gimbal - it's gone bad." I had a feeling based on the sound that it was a fixable mechanical issue... and luckily I was right!
2014-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules