Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Uploading to Youtube
2172 6 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zt6kxt41

United States

Hello All,

I am new to this so I am asking what is the best way to save and upload to youtube.  I just uploaded a 8 minute video in 4k and it took 11 hours.  

Should I record in 1080p and just use 4K for those special momn=ents are is it just my internet connection.  I have 6MG UVERSE.

Lastly, I am a Andriod guy and want to know the best post production app or software to use?

Thanks,

2015-5-4
Use props
Rothgarr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 470663 ft
United States

How big was the file you were uploading? What's your actual upload speed? It probably just took that long given the file size and your real upload speed. I think we'll be seeing a lot of 4k video on YouTube but I don't think it's really necessary as only a fraction of the population can actually view it. That being said...

It drives me nuts when people upload a 5-10 minute video that would have been much more enjoyable as a 1-2 minute video. Clip/trim your videos and take out all the fluff and just show the parts that really shine.

For example, I had over 10 minutes of film from this family trip to a local farm. I clipped it down to 1 minute:

That will save you a ton of time uploading and your viewers may actually watch your entire video.

As for software, you said you are an Android guy, but you'd be doing your video editing on either a Mac or PC (I use iMovie on a Mac) -- are you using the Director app? I think that's pretty limited as far as editing options. If you let us know what platform you use someone can recommend a video editor for you.
2015-5-4
Use props
PublicRealtor
lvl.3

United States

Rothgarr, That was an excellent 1 minute clip. I agree, videos should be short. nit a full length movie. 2 minutes is about right.
2015-5-4
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.4

Australia

Rothgarr Posted at 2015-5-4 19:10
How big was the file you were uploading? What's your actual upload speed? It probably just took that ...

That video is excellent, well done!!  Love the last part with you and the kids lying down - nice touch!  Gives me some inspiration for my vids....  :-)
2015-5-4
Use props
zt6kxt41

United States

How big was the file you were uploading? What's your actual upload speed? It probably just took that ...

Thank you for the advise...

I use Windows if anyone can tell me the best software to use that will be great....I am going to start another tread
2015-5-4
Use props
zt6kxt41

United States

Also AWESOME CLIP
2015-5-4
Use props
Gary C
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1710938 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice video, great timing
2015-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules