Proprietary Charging Cable Pinout
10216 4 2018-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user2156628a1c
lvl.1
United States

Dear DJI,

I'm certain there are a fair number of other users who don't want to shell out for anothe proprietary charging cable for the OSMO Mobile.  I think it's great that you went to standard USB for the OSMO Mobile 2.  Having purchased the OSMO Mobile when it first launched, I'm fairly certain I'm well outside of warranty coverage.  That being said, I don't relish the idea of buying another cable when one can be easily and SAFELY constructed by anyone with basic electronics knowledge.

Before I or someone else goes tearing down the OSMO Mobile in an attempt to reverse engineer the plug's pinouts, it'd go a long way and be VERY appreciated if you could just share the power pinouts with us so that we, the OSMO Mobile 1 user community can feel a little less "left out" in the proprietary cold.  I've seen a couple of other threads of users asking for this only to be linked not only to cables but more expensive battery chargers.  And warned of doom and gloom about substandard performance, etc, etc.

I hereby accept what minimal risks there are and PLEAD with you to just give us the pinouts so that we can make our own cables.  I'm doubtful your business relies on the sales of these cables and they aren't some licensed proprietary technology, just a huge inconvenience.  Else, I'll tear my OSMO down (again after repairing one of the motors you told me wasn't reparable.) and trace it myself then I'll post my findings and instructions on cable instructions here, presumably, much to your chagrin.

tl;dr

Cable Pinouts Please, KTHXBAI!!!11
2018-3-3
Use props
user2156628a1c
lvl.1
United States

Nevermind.  Too slow, DJI.

REMINDER: This is ONLY for the OSMO MOBILE!!!! Do not plug one of these cables into the Mic port on an OSMO!!!  You have been warned!

All.  This is an easy one.

You can use a regular TSR jack but you'll be unable to do anything with regards to firmware updates via USB with this cable.

T= Ground
R= Data -
R= Data +
S= +5VDC

If you use a regular stereo (TSR) then:
T= Ground
R= <Not Used>
S= +5VDC

No need for resistor across D+ and D- just snip them.  Charging just fine now with my new cable.
2018-3-3
Use props
yurchin
New
Russia

Hi!
Thank you for the pinouts, but I still want to clarify which number is correct? (I made a picture)
2018-7-1
Use props
fans3455ac1e
New

Argentina

yurchin Posted at 7-1 15:54
Hi!
Thank you for the pinouts, but I still want to clarify which number is correct? (I made a picture)
[view_image]

hi! , which pinout was the correct?
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_G4Nr0P6nFJX3
New

Switzerland

None of the pinouts above is correct. The cable has some electronic components inside and you cannot build your own. See wp.me/P1l6Vm-1f
2020-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules