7103 18 2018-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gareth C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9498 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,
Recently got my DJI Spark and have noticed that the video gets really blurry at times to the point that the footage is not usable at all.
Could you please let me know if this is a known problem / if there are tips to migitate?
Thanks, G

2018-3-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That looks bad indeed.
What ISO settings are you using.
2018-3-3
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

how is gimbal reacting? no shaking from it?
there is a lot of strange vibration - are proppelers ok? when it hover near You is it stable in air?
2018-3-3
Use props
Francois Lagace
lvl.1
Canada

Where this footage come from the drone or the phone
2018-3-3
Use props
Linny&HerSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

That doesn't look good at all. Have you checked your lens to ensure that there are no smudges on it?
2018-3-3
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

Check your camera settings and adjust manually (the shutter speed and aperture) to get the exposure correctly. I had a similar problem when took the video footage of snow yesterday. Auto settings go for the brightest part of the scene to set the camera. This is not good when you have a brighter background (sky) and a darker foreground (trees and grass).

Hope it helps
2018-3-3
Use props
derider
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2760853 ft
Denmark

Hi,  I also experience blurry video when filming trees and branches and the blurry video increase when the drone has to work against the wind or the trees move in the wind. It seems the camera has trouble to handle focusing on the trees. When camera settings are in auto - it is worse than in manual settings.  If you like - you can watch a couple of my videos where one of them were taken with auto settings and with wind conditions where causing the trees to move and the drone had to work to stable the flight and this gave blurry video. Second video filmed at low wind conditions.  At your video it look like there is some wind and if this is the case you might try again where the wind is lower to see if it will improve the video quality. We might hit the limitations of what this little camera can do attached at our drone.

Bad  blurry video - where the Spark did fight a little in the wind to stay in position.

Video filmed with almost no wind.  

2018-3-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would look into sending this back to DJI for replacement. It looks like you have a defective camera.
2018-3-4
Use props
tinyUAV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 233209 ft
Germany

I‘ve had a similar issue with my Spark. The less light the camera can use the more worse is that effect. In my case video was extra blurry when starting or stopping  the flight in sport mode.
The reason is a defective  gimbal/camera. You have to send it in.

2018-3-4
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

I am not sure about the focus but I know the vibrations every couple of seconds are due to high wind. And Im 100% sure about that.
2018-3-4
Use props
Langner91
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3474 ft
United States

I need to take some video and see what it looks like.  
2018-3-4
Use props
GolferGuy68
lvl.1

Just wondering, did you pull the tape off of the camera lens?
2018-9-27
Use props
ChArl!3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing!
2019-1-12
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

ChArl!3 Posted at 1-12 18:58
Cool, thanks for sharing!

Cool? what is cool about this? looks like a defective camera or gimbal, really not cool.
2019-1-12
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Daniella3d Posted at 1-12 23:33
Cool? what is cool about this? looks like a defective camera or gimbal, really not cool.

He types that on everyones post. I guess without even looking at the post. I think he just wants the points.

Anyway, I wonder if he took the plastic off the lens. If not, I think I would send it back because it’s way out of focus.
2019-1-12
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Sayhelloforme Posted at 1-12 23:44
He types that on everyones post. I guess without even looking at the post. I think he just wants the points.

Anyway, I wonder if he took the plastic off the lens. If not, I think I would send it back because it’s way out of focus.

Yes that's what I think to. he's just spamming. He even posted this comment on a threat that the video is not available any longer, so no way he even was able to watch it!

It does look like something is impairing the gimbal. Maybe like you said the plastic protector on the lens, or maybe some sand or dirt in the gimbal? I saw something similar where a person was using some ND filter on the lens. It is not normal to have jello like that on the video for sure.
2019-1-12
Use props
marchasriel
New
Philippines

Hi. Im a newby. Just bought spark couple just kast week. And find my videos were pixelated.can someone help me with this
2019-4-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

marchasriel Posted at 4-23 17:54
Hi. Im a newby. Just bought spark couple just kast week. And find my videos were pixelated.can someone help me with this

What phone are you using?
2019-4-23
Use props
MeatWagon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 415630 ft
United States

It looks like jello to me. I would guess there's something that is causing a constant vibration. My spark will sometimes give me jello when decending but your looks to be chronic. Have you tried replacing the props? If one of those is out of balance it could cause a constant vibration that is causing the blurry picture. Does it look this way when the drone is not flying? if you just hold it up and record does it still happen?
2019-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules