Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo - Click Noise at the start of some video clips
2951 17 2018-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DVD.GALLAGHER
lvl.1
Ireland

Hi Guys,
Massive Osmo fan, however... I have a problem with a click noise at the start of recording clips. Its not in every clip it seems to happen every first clip when I power on or connect. I thought it was just a problem with my first osmo, however I have just started testing with my new osmo+ and its still there.. Its excruciatingly time consuming expanding individual clips to cut out the click noise and its driving me mad, has anyone got this problem and is there a solution??

I have a attached a link to a private vimeo video revealing the problem.. (its very quick at the start of each clip) Please help !!
Many thanks is advance..

2018-3-3
Use props
MWitarsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2058179 ft
Brazil

I noticed this noise on my videos too. I believe it happens on all Osmos... but it's anoying.
2018-3-9
Use props
DVD.GALLAGHER
lvl.1
Ireland

MWitarsa Posted at 2018-3-9 05:51
I noticed this noise on my videos too. I believe it happens on all Osmos... but it's anoying.

FYI , I believe the Click noise not as prominent if you use the the record button on the phone rather then the physical button on handle. Still bloody annoying having to edit it out everytime....
2018-4-22
Use props
fans5300b972
New

Australia

Same issue here. And i thought that’s caused hy the rode external mic.
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We do apologize for the inconvenience that it may be caused and sorry for the frustration, please provide me the details of your app and firmware version of your Osmo+. Thank you.
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

For Osmo/Osmo+ products, please make sure the Volume has been turned off, then you will not hear the clicking noise.
Here is the screenshot for your reference.
GTScreenshot_20180605_160358.png

2018-6-5
Use props
Fabrizio B
lvl.4
Italy

Same problem for me....some clips with click at start.....using last firmware.....i think is a firmware  issue
2018-8-7
Use props
Inferno-Videos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 889688 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-5 00:05
For Osmo/Osmo+ products, please make sure the Volume has been turned off, then you will not hear the clicking noise.Here is the screenshot for your reference.
[view_image]

So by doing this does it mute the mic or just the sound that has been recorded?
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Inferno-Videos Posted at 2018-8-8 12:52
So by doing this does it mute the mic or just the sound that has been recorded?

Hi there, thanks for your question, it is the record sound that is muted instead of the mic of the Osmo. Please let me know if you have further concern, thanks.
2018-8-9
Use props
FntX
New

Germany

I can confirm this solves the problem. On the other hand it would be nice to be able to switch the sounds for the app off altogether. On the other hand you should mute your phone anyways or even put it into DND mode or do you want to have your ringtone mid-recording ruin your footage?  ;)
2018-8-12
Use props
Greg F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

*Click Click*  
2018-8-14
Use props
Fabrizio B
lvl.4
Italy

Any news about this problem???
I have a lot of files with this click in the first 0,1 second  and also a lot of files that not have this problem.....
2018-9-8
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fabrizio B Posted at 2018-9-8 00:32
Any news about this problem???
I have a lot of files with this click in the first 0,1 second  and also a lot of files that not have this problem.....

From the video screen at the camera icon, click the icon and under the settings, use the volume control to lower.  Also, with the most recent updates (Firm and Go) there is a Mute option for the built in microphone.  This was done at the same time they made some changes to how the fan functions.  When the fan turns on, the built in mic picked up the buzz.  Now the fan turns off when recording starts (only restarting if temps get too high-long recordings).  Alternatively you could you the separate microphone attachment which moves the mic away from the switch.

From User Manual, Page 19

From User Manual, Page 19
2018-9-12
Use props
Fabrizio B
lvl.4
Italy

WebParrot Posted at 2018-9-12 14:31
From the video screen at the camera icon, click the icon and under the settings, use the volume control to lower.  Also, with the most recent updates (Firm and Go) there is a Mute option for the built in microphone.  This was done at the same time they made some changes to how the fan functions.  When the fan turns on, the built in mic picked up the buzz.  Now the fan turns off when recording starts (only restarting if temps get too high-long recordings).  Alternatively you could you the separate microphone attachment which moves the mic away from the switch.

Thank you for your reply, I will do some tests by following your advice
2018-9-13
Use props
Fabrizio B
lvl.4
Italy

Fabrizio B Posted at 2018-9-13 00:40
Thank you for your reply, I will do some tests by following your advice

Test done....i use external mic and mute the internal......fan always on.
I record few clips......the first clip after power up the Osmo+ have  audio click on start ...the other clips
are good.
If i shut down the Osmo+ and then power up again ....the first clip i record have the click again....the other clips are good.

2018-9-13
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fabrizio B Posted at 2018-9-13 02:23
Test done....i use external mic and mute the internal......fan always on.
I record few clips......the first clip after power up the Osmo+ have  audio click on start ...the other clips
are good.

Sorry, man.  I have the Osmo ( not + ) and I don't get the click.  The "mute" works and fan goes off when I start recording. I have no other advice :-) I know it's been said dozens of times elsewhere, but make sure your using the current version of Go4 and Firmware.
2018-9-13
Use props
Fabrizio B
lvl.4
Italy

WebParrot Posted at 2018-9-13 04:55
Sorry, man.  I have the Osmo ( not + ) and I don't get the click.  The "mute" works and fan goes off when I start recording. I have no other advice :-) I know it's been said dozens of times elsewhere, but make sure your using the current version of Go4 and Firmware.

Thanks.....the click is not fan related i think, is the same on internal or external mic with fan on or off....i think is a sort of electric noise maybe firmware related........an example

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7vnc5k5vyqzf2y0/DJI_0010.MP4?dl=0
2018-9-13
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fabrizio B Posted at 2018-9-13 05:37
Thanks.....the click is not fan related i think, is the same on internal or external mic with fan on or off....i think is a sort of electric noise maybe firmware related........an example

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7vnc5k5vyqzf2y0/DJI_0010.MP4?dl=0

Geez... that's more than annoying !!  Thanks for the example.   I couldn't view the OP's video and with your's the issue is really clear.

FWIW, I would open a 'Chat" session through the Support section and add your DropBox link.  Include in the description what you wrote for me earlier, ... the steps you've tried to mitigate the issue.  They will ask for the firmware version and "Go" version to help them match the problem with any other complaints.  At worse you'll get a Case# and some official attention.  Good luck and share outcomes with us if you can.
[edit]  As an additonal thought... grab the link to this forum thread and offer it as well.  They could benefit from reading the other posts as well.
2018-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules