Limited Functionality in "Class D" Warning Zone
1871 4 2018-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChoppinWood14
lvl.1
United States

Hi All!

I was flying my spark in a very rural part of South Texas today, at least 2 miles outside of the closest Class D Airspace, and the DJI Go 4 App would give me the "You are in a Warning Zone (Class D)" Alert.  I am an aviator, and very cognizant of where the Class D airspace is.  Just to be sure, I have referenced this point on Skyvector and Foreflight, and both confirmed that I was outside of the Class D.  So why might this be happening?

Further, why is my Spark's features functionality severely limited when this warning is in effect?  I have noticed that the Fn buttons on my controller no long work, the different shooting modes like Tripod and ActiveTrack are no longer functional, and the drone hits a max altitude of 100ft and will climb no higher.

Any help is appreciated!
Screenshot_20180303-133926.png
2018-3-3
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Same here but I have all my functions. I am barely out of Class D airspace (5,5km away from the nearest airport) but when I fly I always get the message that I have to take full responsibility when I fly. But still all my functions work... I dont know what is happening in your case
2018-3-3
Use props
ChoppinWood14
lvl.1
United States

BeastMaster_101 Posted at 2018-3-3 14:33
Same here but I have all my functions. I am barely out of Class D airspace (5,5km away from the nearest airport) but when I fly I always get the message that I have to take full responsibility when I fly. But still all my functions work... I dont know what is happening in your case

Yea I'm never prompted to take full responsibility.  It just notifies me that I'm in the zone and that's that, no further action.  I'd much rather be able to click the box and still have full functionality.  Anyone else have any insights?
2018-3-3
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

I also get the same warning as I fly within Class D airspace. But as long as my AC is less than 7 kg and below 120m I am not breaking any rules and my drone is flying ok. No issues so far.

Checking with DJI support might help.
2018-3-3
Use props
Coppertop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168658 ft
United States

'Tis odd that you lose functionality, though.

Could the firmware or app need updating?
If you are outside the zone, could the compass or EMI needs calibrating? Maybe a location reading that puts you inside the zone?

Just tossing out ideas that could be the culprit.
2018-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules