No Gimbal Control
4586 10 2018-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Squiddy2
New
United States

The gimbal controls that I see in online videos for the spark are not present on my devices.  I have an iphone 8.  The DJIGO 4 software is up to date as well as the latest software version on the iphone.  At first I wasn't concerned about the gimbal controls because I've just been trying to get used to flying the drone, but now that I'm interested in the picture and video aspects, I've run into some problems.  Everyone seems to have a little phone icon on their camera screen, I do not.  Everyone also has the scroll bar with up/down arrows to adjust the gimbal, I have the bar, but no arrows.  I would like to know what I can do to correct this.  I've not had any crashes or mishaps with my drone and I keep it in a case I bought for it, so I don't think its anything I've done.  Also when the drone is in active track, the gimbal tilts up and down just fine so I don't think its broken, I'm just not seeing these controls on my phone.  Please help!
2018-3-3
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Please show us a screenshot of the problem. Thank you
2018-3-3
Use props
Squiddy2
New
United States

2018-3-3
Use props
Squiddy2
New
United States

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-3-3 16:16
Please show us a screenshot of the problem. Thank you

I've uploaded a picture.  Thanks for looking at this for me.
2018-3-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Squiddy2 Posted at 2018-3-3 17:15
I've uploaded a picture.  Thanks for looking at this for me.

Hi, can you tilt your gimbal up and down? Please try to long press the image screen and then drag the blue circle to see if it works. Thanks for your help.
2018-3-5
Use props
Squiddy2
New
United States

Yes I can, that works but its hard to utilized that function.  The blue button is hard to engage. Is there a way to get the other buttons?
2018-3-5
Use props
chorn1966
lvl.3
Flight distance : 520512 ft
United States

Squiddy2 Posted at 2018-3-5 10:35
Yes I can, that works but its hard to utilized that function.  The blue button is hard to engage. Is there a way to get the other buttons?

Do you have the RC controller? it's much easier to control the gimbal with it.
2018-3-5
Use props
Squiddy2
New
United States

chorn1966 Posted at 2018-3-5 10:37
Do you have the RC controller? it's much easier to control the gimbal with it.

Chorn1966 THANK YOU, THANK YOU! (Actually thanks to everyone for their help) but thank you specifically.  I don't know how I missed that gimbal wheel on my RC controller but yes I have the controller and you're right, controlling the gimbal with it is much easier!  This solves my problem!
2018-3-5
Use props
chorn1966
lvl.3
Flight distance : 520512 ft
United States

Squiddy2 Posted at 2018-3-5 12:15
Chorn1966 THANK YOU, THANK YOU! (Actually thanks to everyone for their help) but thank you specifically.  I don't know how I missed that gimbal wheel on my RC controller but yes I have the controller and you're right, controlling the gimbal with it is much easier!  This solves my problem!

Glad I could help.. Happy Flying !!!

Also, Lower your gimbal speed to get smoother video.
2018-3-5
Use props
djiuser_UtjmRqoQFavd
New
United States

I have a new (just out of the box yesterday) Spark with exactly this problem as well.  I can control the camera through the RC controller.  But how is this control missing from the iphone software?
2018-12-23
Use props
cece0
lvl.1

United States

Ugh.  I was just going to buy an iPad for my Mavic 2 because it sucks battery from my Samsung Phone, and there is only switch off capability for IOS devices - yet now I see it won't have gimbal control.  Seriously?  Stopppp...  (And yes, it is ALL about the photography for me.)
2019-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules