DJI Support Please P4P
1557 17 2018-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

Greetings,

I just spent 3K on a Phantom 4 pro obsidian with 6 batteries, charging hub, monitor shade, harness and Refresh care.

This package wont reliably connect to my Samsung Tab S2. Sometimes it will connect, most of the time it wont.

As you can imagine, Im a little frustrated and require some help to sort his out.

Do you have a Solution for this issue??

Thank you in advance

Mike
2018-3-3
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am not familiar with your tablet and I feel that is the issue. I use a Mini 4 and have no issues at all with my Obsidian.
2018-3-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Mike,

Roger has the right idea since it does look like your problem is device related.  He uses an iOS device but we use Android devices.  Tablets are sold with numerous - and useless to us - apps that get in the way of our flying.  There are two ways this interferes with our flying.   One is constant downloading of updates for these useless apps.  The second is running these apps in the background, stealing processor and RAM time from our flying operation.

You need to figure out how to disable and-or-uninstall the apps you do not need to operate your DJI Obsidian System.  Try to put your tablet into "Airplane Mode" and if you see an improvement, then we are on the right track.  BTW, do you have the 8" or 9.7" version?

Let us know!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-3-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It does work on that device but you need to downgrade it to android 6 and it will work super duper,

One other option you could try before rooting it and putting 6 on it,  

go to accounts, create a new account, restart S2, log in to new account, now you have a 100% fresh account with nothing installed, ie. nothing other than stock stuff running in the background, just install only the DJI go 4 app and then try ya P4P out
2018-3-3
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have only used a tab s2 on all my quads. This Samsung is dedicated to flying only and I have never had a problem with it. Delete all the other apps you have on it and try flying.
2018-3-4
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

Great Responses!

Certainly is a community ready to help.

That's fantastic.

Thanks to all who are responding.
2018-3-4
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-3 20:52
It does work on that device but you need to downgrade it to android 6 and it will work super duper,

One other option you could try before rooting it and putting 6 on it,  

Thanks,

Yeah I've cleared all apps, nothing running in the background. I really have no interest in down grading the os and really shouldn't have to.

However I have found that the USB port isn't handling the connect right.

If I put my tab into developers mode and manually set the USB port protocol, it connects every time.

Its a software issue, either with Go4 or the controller.

It needs DJI attention to correct.

Cheers!

Oh I used the 8 inch version.
2018-3-4
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

Still waiting for a DJI Rep response.
2018-3-4
Use props
dcap
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-3-4 05:44

i have a samsung tablet (sm-t280) and sometimes i have to use usb debugging mode in the developer options to have the tablet connect correctly. also i find if you unplug and  plug the usb cable while the radio and bird are on it will connect as well.
2018-3-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-3-4 05:44

Its a non recommended device, all you will get from dji is to use a device from their recommended list.
They do not test all devices....

As a side note, as dcap says, but with a bit of added flavour

Ignore, youve found it go in to apps and click the 3 dots top right and choose clear default apps, next time you you connect to the app DO NOT choose to have it default to to the dji go app, you want to always click on the app when it pops up, this also aids in what dcap says, when you try to reconnect it does not always do it, but when its not the default app you will find that this helps greatly

Just going over your reply again, youve already found out about the default app clearing etc, thats good, least it works now, i did reply to others regarding this and forgot about this part and just remembered about it.  you have now gone as far as you can.
2018-3-4
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-4 21:50
Its a non recommended device, all you will get from dji is to use a device from their recommended list.
They do not test all devices....

Yet they rec the Ipad mini 3.... and there are significant amount of report neither the mini 3 or 4 work correctly.  One fella reports it makes his mini 4 crawl like a stunned turtle... and its got more processor than the 3.

Funny, other apps aren't device sensitive. IOS or Android.  

2018-3-5
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

Just what are the best tablets in both classes? ( IOS and Android)

Anyone know?
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Mike, sorry for the late response first. I'm afraid that the performance cannot be ensured for the unrecommended mobile devices. We are keeping testing and improving the stability. If you encounter the similar issue on tested devices, feel free to contact and report.
2018-3-5
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-5 20:07
Hi Mike, sorry for the late response first. I'm afraid that the performance cannot be ensured for the unrecommended mobile devices. We are keeping testing and improving the stability. If you encounter the similar issue on tested devices, feel free to contact and report.

Susan,

Please be so kind as to recommend an 8 inch tablet for me please.

I see your supported / tested list, however there are folks having problems with DJI Go4 on some of your proposed units. I mentioned the Ipad mini 4  above, its on your list yet some report that after the last version update or Go4, the Ipad mini 4 no longer runs correctly. This makes me very weary to buy something off your list without your direct input.

So I dont mind I suppose buying a tablet DJI suggests, I just wish to be sure I get the right one which id fully compatible / operable.

Hence I require your kind input on this matter to avoid a costly error.

Many thanks in advance.

Mike
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-3-6 02:00
Susan,

Please be so kind as to recommend an 8 inch tablet for me please.

Mike, I've read some feedback but this issue they referred cannot be reproduced at our end. Sorry about this. You can also consider the 7.85# CrystalSky, I'd suggest testing on site if you have any doubts.
2018-3-6
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-6 22:48
Mike, I've read some feedback but this issue they referred cannot be reproduced at our end. Sorry about this. You can also consider the 7.85# CrystalSky, I'd suggest testing on site if you have any doubts.

Susan,

Thank you for the response and the recommendation.  However the Crystal Sky unit you suggestion is outrageously priced at $900.00 plus tax in my county. Even worse the high brigntness unit is $1300.00 plus tax. Unfortunately this is well outside my budget range and the range of reasonability.

Rumor here suggest IOS devices are well supported.

With that in hand, do you feel the IPad Mini 4 is a safe purchase? If not please recommend another IOS tablet device. For safety sake, I require a tablet as I am in my mid 50's and the smaller phones are simply too hard to see. Safety is paramount. I dont wish any disconnects or other such maladies during flight.

Best Regards

Mike
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-3-7 02:07
Susan,

Thank you for the response and the recommendation.  However the Crystal Sky unit you suggestion is outrageously priced at $900.00 plus tax in my county. Even worse the high brigntness unit is $1300.00 plus tax. Unfortunately this is well outside my budget range and the range of reasonability.

It depends on you. I'd like to help if you encounter any issue in iPad Mini 4 as well,
2018-3-9
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-9 01:24
It depends on you. I'd like to help if you encounter any issue in iPad Mini 4 as well,

Susan,

Thank you for your response.

However it has little to do with me and EVERYTHING to do with an affordable price and SAFETY.  I dont wish to spend hard earned money on something that doesn't work correctly or something that will quit working on the next revision.
2018-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules