S1 and S2 switches phantom 3 standard
34047 8 2018-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kayman7
New
Australia

I know what the switches stand for I’m just wondering where to put them for a nice easy flight no problems and still get great footage thx
2018-3-3
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

I leave S2 in the middle as it doesn't do anything unless you toggle it for RTH. And S1 is up unless I am using one of the special functions like Home Lock or Waypoints missions, etc.

Edit. Corrected S1 and S2
2018-3-3
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63537 ft
United States

For the best flight experience and footage, read the manual all the way through. Then read it again. The AC should never leave the ground until the pilot knows how to use all of the controls. That includes what the switches do and where to put them.
2018-3-3
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4
United States

Texas-Mark Posted at 2018-3-3 20:49
I leave S1 in the middle as it doesn't do anything unless you toggle it for RTH. And S2 is up unless I am using one of the special functions like Home Lock or Waypoints missions, etc.

Ditto for this response. This information/reply is incorrect and could easily lead to a crash and injury. Please read the manual to understand how to use the controller.  
2018-3-3
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

The S1 is for switching between the flight modes and S2 is for the RTH and resetting WIFI and relink the AC to the RC. The S1 in the upper position is mainly for PGPS to take off,the middle position for ATTI and the lower position for choosing the flight functions on app.
2018-3-4
Use props
kndll
Second Officer
Flight distance : 930161 ft
Canada

both switches up every time , S2 toggle for RTH , S1 up = GPS ,  normal flight, middle position = ATTI ,  bottom position = intelligent flight modes
2018-3-4
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

My error for forgetting that S1 is on the right and S2 is on the left. I fixed my original post. The OPer already stated he knew what the switches did and only wanted to know the best position. In my experience, I have never had it matter where S2 starts out and I always leave it in the middle. RTH works just fine when toggled from there.

On a side note, it would have been nice if they had better labeling on the controller. You can barely see the switch labels.
2018-3-4
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4
United States

Texas-Mark Posted at 2018-3-4 09:59
My error for forgetting that S1 is on the right and S2 is on the left. I fixed my original post. The OPer already stated he knew what the switches did and only wanted to know the best position. In my experience, I have never had it matter where S2 starts out and I always leave it in the middle. RTH works just fine when toggled from there.

On a side note, it would have been nice if they had better labeling on the controller. You can barely see the switch labels.

Texas Mark, you are forgiven. Remember, the Chinese read from Right to Left! You can always use a Sharpie to write big numbers. Or a label maker. The more you practice the easier it gets to remember what does what.
2018-3-5
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Chinese is all directional not only right to left,left to right as top down and bottom up. All Chinese chars are simplified pictures in a square.  Example: 中国 2 chars ->  2 squares Zhong and Guo (China) or 美国 Mei Guo -> US and so on
2018-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules