Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Waypoints will not upload
2201 3 2018-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Denny_C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120381 ft
United States

I am usually unsuccessful at creating a waypoint mission.

1. When I touch "Done", it seems that nothing gets saved, because I don't see the mission next time I fly.
2. When I touch "Apply", the app tries to upload and fly the mission. It usually fails in one of several different ways:

a. Timeout / retry
b. message: "Distance too far, exceeds 1694 feet", even though it is only about 700 feet to the furthest waypoint.
c. Fails to complete more than 80% of the upload. No error messages.
d. message: "Aircraft too high."  (bringing it down below 100 feet has no effect.)

All of these failure modes occur when trying to upload the same mission on the same flight with only four waypoints. If I am exceeding a limitation, it won't tell me what that is, and it seems strange that it behaves differently with every try.  

Is there any point in persisting with this, or does it just not work?

2018-3-3
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 8330174 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I think the max distance from the take-off location to any waypoint is 500m, at least this is what it was on my P4.  After you create a mission you must mark it as a favorite so that you can re fly it.
Checkout this vid where I did some waypoint testing.  For serious waypoint flying you should check out the Litchi app.
2018-3-3
Use props
Denny_C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120381 ft
United States

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2018-3-3 20:29
I think the max distance from the take-off location to any waypoint is 500m, at least this is what it was on my P4.  After you create a mission you must mark it as a favorite so that you can re fly it.
Checkout this vid where I did some waypoint testing.  For serious waypoint flying you should check out the Litchi app.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Kzkb65BA0

Thanks. Nice video, and interesting use of waypoints. As it turned out, at least one of my waypoints missions actually turned up as a saved mission, even though it seemed to choke on the upload. It flew OK, too.

I think that at least once in my experimental flights I was able to save a mission with a waypoint some 1200 m away. I'd like to fly with litchi, but first I need to replace my old iPad (2010 model) and iPhone (2007 model) that will not run litchi or DJI GS Pro. This BLU phone is only partially usable anyway.
2018-3-4
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 8330174 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Denny_C Posted at 2018-3-4 17:59
Thanks. Nice video, and interesting use of waypoints. As it turned out, at least one of my waypoints missions actually turned up as a saved mission, even though it seemed to choke on the upload. It flew OK, too.

I think that at least once in my experimental flights I was able to save a mission with a waypoint some 1200 m away. I'd like to fly with litchi, but first I need to replace my old iPad (2010 model) and iPhone (2007 model) that will not run litchi or DJI GS Pro. This BLU phone is only partially usable anyway.

The Litchi app can use WPs much farther than 500m.  I've watched some YT vids where this is done.  Also Litchi lets the WPs be preprogramed,  you don't have to fly to the location first.  Something I would like to test.  By the way the guys on YT go way out of transmitter range.
2018-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules