Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Error 71. Fixed at home.
5043 13 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fireduck
New
Russia

After a crash from two meters, i had a problem with an accelerometer error, and all trying to calibrate IMU always ends with error 71.
I've read on this forum, that problem is in the stucked sensor in IMU.
All my atempts "tap" or "hit" SPARK by hand, had no effect.
But IMU can see throug the front hole on SPARK body(black box on foto). I took thin and long screwdriver and gently tapped the sensor(spark was turned off). After that actions, i turned on the spark and started calibration IMU. And ... calibration ended sucsessfully! No error 71!

Maybe it can help somebody. But do this at your own risk.

P.S. Sorry for my english.

20180304_124957.jpg
20180304_124957.jpg
2018-3-4
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

useful bit of info there - glad it worked for you - filed for future reference.
2018-3-4
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

hmmm... Interesting findings. Thanks for sharing!
2018-3-4
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

great info !!
2018-3-4
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Some screwdrivers are magnetized...was yours???
2018-3-4
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-3-4 17:42
Some screwdrivers are magnetized...was yours???

Would that make a difference for the IMU? It does not seem to react to magnetic interference.
2018-3-4
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's interesting to learn and thanks for sharing, although sorry I'm not too sure if that's a long-term solution or needed sanity check? My advice always, if and, whenever in a crash, would be to have DJI take a look at your drone. I'm sorry if I disappointed you, it may be resolved but always better safe than sorry?
2018-3-4
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I don't know that much about the DJI IMU...I seriously doubt there are actual gyros for all three axis inside that small little module...more likely pezioelectric crystals that send a minute electrical signal as they are stressed in a certain axis.  Whether the screwdriver touching the module caused a discharge of static electricity or whether the magnetism associated with some screwdrivers caused a change in the electrical field of the crystals it really doesn't matter.  But if you want to replicate what worked for the OP, you need to know what kind of screwdriver was used.
2018-3-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. We would not recommend users fix their drone on their own. If your drone crash, please send it back for repair: http://www.dji.com/support Thanks for your understanding.
2018-3-5
Use props
mfarrag
New
Saudi Arabia

Thanks Fireduck
It works for me like magic , I recommend it for every one getting error code 71 while calibrating the IMU after Crash
2019-4-6
Use props
fans831629e9
New

Australia

Great information
2019-5-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thank you for the inquiry. If you experience the same situation due to the crash, we're recommending our customers to send the unit into our facility as fixing the drone by our customer's end would void the validity of the warranty. If you wish to contact our support, please see the link below. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-7
Use props
Shindig82
lvl.1
United States

I had the same problem, could not fly for weeks. i didn't even crash. tried the fix above, did a full calibration and it worked and flew perfectly!
2019-11-20
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Thank you for the tip. Cheers
2019-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules