Questions about Osmo Mobile 2. Looking to purchase.
1600 3 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys,
I'm looking at buying a Osmo Mobile 2. I currently own a Zhiyun Smooth-Q 3-Axis Gimbal and really like it, but the reason I'm looking at buying the Osmo is the tracking ability. I love using my Sparks Active Track, and want to incorporate that into my handheld shots. But I have a few questions if anyone can answer:

1. Does the Osmo Mobile 2 support other apps besides the DJI app?

2. Does the DJI App allow you to choose SD card for storage of all videos shot?

3. Can you still clip a GoPro on it and use it without the app?

4. Occasionaly the Zhiyun Smooth-Q 3-Axis Gimbal shudders and shakes but I can just adjust the weight of phone or GoPro and it goes away. I've heard that the Osmo Mobile 2 has this same shake occasionally. Is it just a balance issue? Is it easy to fix?

5. If I put the Osmo Mobile 2 on a tripod and turned on Active track to a person can it track them 360 degrees?

6. Any other questions  that I should be asking OR do you like your Osmo Mobile 2?
2018-3-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

1. All camera apps will work,  but if you mean for active track and using the physical buttons: only limited apps have added support yet. For iOS I know Filmic Pro has.
2. I don't have an Android phone, so can't help you, but a quick search gave this.

3. There are adaptors that make the Gopro the same size as
https://www.banggood.com/nl/Adap ... ro-5-p-1110753.html
I'm not sure how the balance will be or if it is good for the motors.

4. I have no issues with my Osmo Mobile. Just make sure you balance the phone 100% (so even when off it remains level when moving the gimbal)

5. The Osmo Mobile 1 does not rotate 360 degrees, I'm not sure if the v2 does. Can't find it.

6. I love my Osmo Mobile 1 a lot. Very nice tool to use a great camera you always have with you (your phone).
2018-3-4
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-4 04:10
1. All camera apps will work,  but if you mean for active track and using the physical buttons: only limited apps have added support yet. For iOS I know Filmic Pro has.
2. I don't have an Android phone, so can't help you, but a quick search gave this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T0TKcmdJtc

Thanks for your quick and complete reply. I'm a little bummed it's not supporting 360 panos (that I can find).  

Follow up question: Do you have to calibrate it every time you mount a phone, or only when switching between landscape and portrait?
2018-3-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bing Err Posted at 2018-3-4 12:53
Thanks for your quick and complete reply. I'm a little bummed it's not supporting 360 panos (that I can find).  

Follow up question: Do you have to calibrate it every time you mount a phone, or only when switching between landscape and portrait?

You're welcome.
It is just physics (at least with the Osmo Mobile 1) that does not rotate 360 degrees.
It is blocked in the end.
No, I only calibrate when it is not level. So far only once (3 months or something now)
2018-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules