Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI.... When are you gonna give us an update for OTG support?
3511 36 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

DJI... Can I just kindley ask when can Spark user expect to see an update for the official support for OTG? Ok how about RAW photos? How about D-log? The last update was in december, its March now... JUST MAKE OUR EXPERIENCE BETTER PLEASSEEE
2018-3-4
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Unfortunately you have to go in with a Mavic Air if you require the OTG support .  SPARK will not have a OTG support as it is a marketing issue with DJI
2018-3-4
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Doesn't  4.1.15 work for you? It has OTG support!
2018-3-4
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I would not expect functions like that for the Spark.
It’s an entry level drone remember. The functions you ask for is present in the more
Expensive drones like Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Phantom.

2018-3-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

S.J Posted at 2018-3-4 10:15
Unfortunately you have to go in with a Mavic Air if you require the OTG support .  SPARK will not have a OTG support as it is a marketing issue with DJI

It has nothing to do with marketing.
2018-3-4
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Marketing?? Huh?  You gotta back that up with some context.  
2018-3-4
Use props
tonyyng
lvl.3

Canada

If that was true, DJI would disable it on the iOS version of the app.  OTG on iOS is working on the latest version.
2018-3-4
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

tonyyng Posted at 2018-3-4 13:08
If that was true, DJI would disable it on the iOS version of the app.  OTG on iOS is working on the latest version.

You may be correct that OTG works on ios. In fact it also used to work on earlier versions of DJI GO 4 app on Android.
But from what it looks like, DJI might have outsourced the SPARK software config and are now not pushing with their vendor for a update on the issue becos MAVIC AIR is out for delivery !
2018-3-4
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

WebParrot Posted at 2018-3-4 12:40
Marketing?? Huh?  You gotta back that up with some context.

How much effort is really required to fix the OTG issue ?

I'm speculating here that SPARK software was not done in house but outsourced.
They are not intrested to fix the OTG update while DJI Mavic AIR is out for delivery .:)
2018-3-4
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Mavic Air is not selling well, as I have observed in the retail shops. Customers may have worries on the reliability of wifi Drones given many bad experience with the present Spark owners. I have been asked by my friends on Mavic Air. After I have explained the problems in wifi Drones, they prefer to wait for next generation of Drones that do not work on wifi.
DJI keeps adandoning development/bug fixing in Spark, may hurt the sales of Mavic Air. New customers my ask Spark owners for opinions, if Mavic Air is a good option.

DJI may not aware that, Drone flyers are very small group of people. Bad experience in Spark owners certainly with affect the sales of Mavic Air. DJI keeps on ignoring the request of Spark owners, in marketing terms, is unwise.
2018-3-4
Use props
rxdeath
lvl.2
United States

elektra said they would be developing OTG for the spark.  We should have chime in instead of a bunch of people guessing.   i started a thread back in november when this calamity started and was eventually told that they would do it.

ELEKTRA: is this still true?  what is taking so long, its been 3 months?
2018-3-4
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

rxdeath Posted at 2018-3-4 18:57
elektra said they would be developing OTG for the spark.  We should have chime in instead of a bunch of people guessing.   i started a thread back in november when this calamity started and was eventually told that they would do it.

ELEKTRA: is this still true?  what is taking so long, its been 3 months?

they dont respond when the post is related to OTG. They would just say it is recommended to use Wi-fi and or Ill forward this to my engineers. Same old same old
2018-3-4
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

S.J Posted at 2018-3-4 17:22

My speculation is that your speculation doesn't make sense.  DJI has over 6,000 employees, with 18 billion CNY in revenue.  The Spark is a huge customer base and has some of the same core code as other top products.  And even if there was "outsourc(ing)" that's not a causational argument for not doing OTG?  They have a large Europeon customer base that needs an OTG option.  It's not in anyones interest to ignore any product development.
2018-3-4
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

In the november when DJI broke the OTG on android I actually believed when forum mods here promised that it will be fixed soon. Five months later OTG is still not working. If it was some nice to have new feature that people want (like 25p video or RAW image), I'd understand that they might have other priorities first, but OTG is an essential feature for CE users. And even more importantly a feature that actually WORKED and DJI BROKE IT. This sends a clear message that DJI is simply not a trustworthy and reliable partner. They might have the best hardware (for now) but without adequate software support ...
2018-3-5
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

S.J Posted at 2018-3-4 17:22

As much effort it needed DJI to disable the screen view of the flight parameters IN THE DISPLAY of your flight device.
OTG is fully working, even on actual android versions. DJI just found a way, to disable the visibility during the flight.
In the flight records are all datas available!
And other reasons as marketing aren't really an explanation, why androids still are on the blinded otg mode. Or at 4.1.15
2018-3-5
Use props
graywoulf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91033 ft
United States

I just bought a Spark and I am starting to believe that it is the proverbial red headed step child of DJI. Price and platform aside, I cannot understand why DJI is holding out on giving the Spark owners all of the abilities that the Spark could deliver. It is not only a "selfie" drone, (and I hate that term for something I paid that much for) but is capable of some serious cinematic footage as well. I am using mine with an LG Stylo 3 Android phone and with some of the information I have seen regarding Android devices compatibility, I am almost afraid to fly it. I hope that DJI is really listening to us and wants to keep their reputation intact. Nuff said.
2018-3-5
Use props
SanderL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884747 ft
Netherlands

Because nobody would buy an Air... ;)
2018-3-5
Use props
spookster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

I still believe DJI will fix OTG (even though they did not advertise otg support in the first place)  and there will still be enough reason to buy a mavic air or any other dji drone, they all have their strengths and weaknesses.
2018-3-5
Use props
brasda91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57159 ft
United States

spookster Posted at 2018-3-5 12:24
I still believe DJI will fix OTG (even though they did not advertise otg support in the first place)  and there will still be enough reason to buy a mavic air or any other dji drone, they all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Yeah but we can't compare today's tech with the advancements of tomorrow. Just because a feature isn't advertised today, may simply be that, that feature has not been developed. And if a new feature is developed tomorrow and the Spark is capable of utilizing that feature, we couldn't use it? Doesn't make sense. What better way to show continued support of a product! My Spark may be the only drone I purchase, so you best do what you can to keep me happy.

I actually rolled back to the last OTG build yesterday, but it's been rainy off an on all day, so I haven't had a chance to compare it to the newest update. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

2018-3-5
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

spookster Posted at 2018-3-5 12:24

They did not have to advertise it. When I started to look for a drone to buy I simply searched many different reviews of different drones. I knew that WiFi in Europe is far from being perfect but almost every review mentioned a great workaround ... an OTG cable. Many people bought Spark because of that OTG support (even though it was never officialy supported, it worked) and when they took our money, they disabled it (I wonder if somebody still believes that it was a mistake ...).
2018-3-5
Use props
lelie21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126867 ft
Belgium

Visible on DJI store. A remark under cristalsky adapter. (OTG commingled soon on spark)
Screenshot_20180306-183352.jpg
2018-3-6
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

lelie21 Posted at 2018-3-6 09:36
Visible on DJI store. A remark under cristalsky adapter. (OTG commingled soon on spark)

Oh snap... When did that page go up?
2018-3-6
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

BeastMaster_101 Posted at 2018-3-6 14:38
Oh snap... When did that page go up?

Sorry to spoil your enthusiasm but that mounting bracket is in DJI store at least since December last year ... many of us were full of optimism by then because we thought it means that OTG will be fixed soon. It's march now and still no fix is available ...

There is even a video on youtube (official DJI channel) showing how to connect the DJI Goggles to the Spark using the OTG cable .... it was published on 16.10.2017 !!! ... so much for their support for Spark

2018-3-7
Use props
spookster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

Goggles work fine via otg with spark and is supported by DJI. It's the current go4 app that is not working correctly with spark (on android that is, iOS app works apparently).
2018-3-7
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

spookster Posted at 2018-3-7 00:12
Goggles work fine via otg with spark and is supported by DJI. It's the current go4 app that is not working correctly with spark (on android that is, iOS app works apparently).

Wrong again, the last three or four versions of DJI GO 4 for android are not working correctly with the OTG cable (even mods here keep repeating that OTG is still not supported). The last version of DJI GO 4 that actually worked good with OTG was 4.1.15 released last summer.
2018-3-7
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Used to fly with Android then swapped over to IOS after getting tired of hearing the same old story,, “our engineers are working on it”
2018-3-7
Use props
13rovers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13766 ft
United Kingdom

SanderL Posted at 2018-3-5 11:17
Because nobody would buy an Air... ;)

I don't accept this as an argument TBH.  The Air has a slightly better range and films in 4K.  The Spark has only the capability to film in 1080p.  

Therefore, those wanting a small 4K quad will buy the Mavic Air, those who are happy with 1080p will go for the Spark.  In fact giving the Spark OTG/24fps/25fps/D-Log/RAW etc, would probably end up with more people buying it as they are better marketing points than "selfie drone".
2018-3-7
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

Still the same discussion, What is wrong with the 4.1.15 version?  I can't think why you want always the newest version? There are no extra features in the latest app, all build for the mavic air. But i you want flyaways, and app crashing use always the newest one.....
2018-3-7
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

Jos A Posted at 2018-3-7 02:43
Still the same discussion, What is wrong with the 4.1.15 version?  I can't think why you want always the newest version? There are no extra features in the latest app, all build for the mavic air. But i you want flyaways, and app crashing use always the newest one.....

As long as you want to keep the Spark alone you are correct. I am still on DJI GO 4 4.1.14 and it works flawlessly. Unfortunately, if I wanted to buy another drone like Mavic Air or Mavic 2 when it comes up, I will have to upgrade. In fact, I would have Mavic Air already if I didn't have to choose between the new drone and the OTG for Spark .... essentialy, DJI is discouraging current Spark owners from buying new stuff by not fixing the problems people have.
2018-3-7
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-3-7 02:56
As long as you want to keep the Spark alone you are correct. I am still on DJI GO 4 4.1.14 and it works flawlessly. Unfortunately, if I wanted to buy another drone like Mavic Air or Mavic 2 when it comes up, I will have to upgrade. In fact, I would have Mavic Air already if I didn't have to choose between the new drone and the OTG for Spark .... essentialy, DJI is discouraging current Spark owners from buying new stuff by not fixing the problems people have.

you can  put 2 dji go's on your device i will pm you
2018-3-7
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

Jos A Posted at 2018-3-7 06:33
you can  put 2 dji go's on your device i will pm you

Thanks for the tip.
2018-3-7
Use props
Leonb63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132726 ft
United Kingdom

I fully support this query to DJI. As a customer of the Spark it is not performing to advertised specs. I hardly fly it 50m from myself and I start getting disconnects. DJI you have a duty to your customers to either fix the WiFi in Europe or enable OTG
2018-3-24
Use props
Leonb63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132726 ft
United Kingdom

Jos A Posted at 2018-3-7 06:33
you can  put 2 dji go's on your device i will pm you

Hi, I would really like to know how one can load to 2 x dji Go apps, thanking you in advance
2018-3-24
Use props
qbox
lvl.1

Italy

DJI we want OTG iOS and Android on SPARK
2018-3-26
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

qbox Posted at 2018-3-26 12:47
DJI we want OTG iOS and Android on SPARK

The keyword... ANDROID OTG
2018-3-26
Use props
qbox
lvl.1

Italy

not only Android, iOS too
2018-3-27
Use props
Mue
lvl.1

Japan

Interesting that no one crom DJI who can really answer this question has bothered to chime in.  Once they get your money, contact becomes scarce at best.  This is a very serious issue with the Spark because it always has a majorrobpem with disconnecting from the controller anyway.  In that case javing an OTG cable doesnt do anything for you, because the Spark just stops handshaking with the RC, but having ability to use OTG cor stable connection to controller would eliminate that as part if ghe afirementioned “disconnectissue.” Funny how that works... No one from DJI bothering to provide an answer.  Just empty promises.  Seen enough of that.
2018-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules