Using a Counterweight
2131 3 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dewarner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87536 ft
United States

In order to use my iPhone 8 with a Moment case and lens on my Osmo Mobile 2, it is necessary to use a counterweight.  Moment designed a counterweight for the Osmo Mobile, but will not have one ready for the Osmo Mobile 2 until Spring.  In the meantime, I am using a DIY solution that works to balance the Osmo Mobile 2.  My question is whether using a counterweight puts a strain on the motors.  
2018-3-4
Use props
BoazR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 531375 ft
Israel

I searched for a solution myself and this is how I got to this thread.
2018-5-2
Use props
BoazR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 531375 ft
Israel

BoazR Posted at 2018-5-2 02:49
I searched for a solution myself and this is how I got to this thread.

Submitted too early.
AFAIK, just like when you have in elevators, you always need to balance it and the engines/motors will not be damaged by this added weight.
I also have the same problem as I have a small form factor phone as well (Xperia XZ1 Compact). I also did some make shift counter weight and looking for more professional looking weight.
2018-5-2
Use props
dewarner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87536 ft

BoazR Posted at 2018-5-2 02:55
Submitted too early.
AFAIK, just like when you have in elevators, you always need to balance it and the engines/motors will not be damaged by this added weight.
I also have the same problem as I have a small form factor phone as well (Xperia XZ1 Compact). I also did some make shift counter weight and looking for more professional looking weight.

Moment makes a professionally done counterweight as part of a kickstarter project.  I ordered one and should have it in June.  
2018-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules