Phantom 3 Adv Serial Numbers Do Not Match
615 1 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansef1f9947
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello all. After looking over my Phantom 3 Advance today I thought I would run a check on the serial numbers and am a little concerned!

The 2 separate serial numbers on the shell and gimbal when inputted into the DJI online date of production “calculator” state that they were produced 2016 which is fine BUT it also states they are both Phantom 3 PROFESSIONAL builds?!?!?!

I pulled the DJI cardboard box from the loft to check the serial numbers on it match with the serial numbers on the bird. To my suprise the aircraft serial number on the cardboard box does not match with the aircraft serial number on the aircraft. (The gimbal serial numbers do match up on both box and bird).

Could anyone shed some light on this please as it’s a little concerning?

Thank you.
2018-3-4
Use props
TexAsian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29934 ft

United States

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I'm dealing with the same issue myself. Apparently I've had a gimbal issue which I always thought was simply normal operation. (The gimbal makes a high-pitched sound and vibrates during certain motions). Just the other day I went to the DJI website to start a service request and when I entered my Phantom 3 Pro's SN the DJI service system identified it as a Phantom 3 Advanced. However, when I used a different SN "decoder," it correctly says my craft is a Phantom 3 Pro. Very curious. I should say, too, that I no longer have the retail box for the Phantom, and the SN sticker under the battery compartment does NOT appear to have been tampered with.

Here are the links of the two systems I used:
DJI's Online Repair Request System

DJI Serial Decoder

I look forward to hearing if there was any resolution with your situation. Thanks!
2019-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules