Phantom wont connect to app although remote connects fine
883 8 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
abenne35
lvl.1

United States

So I'm having a weird issue on my phantom 3 standard that I recently got to fix up.  I am able to connect my remote to my phone no problem through the phantom wifi network.  However the app can not see the drone at all.   The drone and the remote see each other perfectly, and i can even fly the drone no problem using just the remote, but the app always says to connect the drone.  Ive tried reinstalling the app, and have tried the app on an iphone 7+, ipad air 2, and droid dna and they all act the same.   Please see the photos here.
Is there something stupid im missing?  Or could this be some hardware/software issue.   The drone was updated to the newest firmware via memory card.
2018-3-4
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Phantoms WIFI had be seen by the iPhone ? Did you disable the Bluetooth and did you switch the phone into the airplane mode? How long do you fly your P3S?
2018-3-4
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

Looking at your linked photo, it looks like you don't have wifi turned on. Make sure your phone stays connected to wifi. Some will auto switch back to cellular if there is the slightest glitch in wifi.
2018-3-4
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

As mentioned above by  Peterx on BT
And Mark about wifi vs internet/cellular

2018-3-4
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

There is no WIFI connected to your Phantom. After switch to airplane mode you may start WIFI connection of the phone/tab manually and log in to Phantoms network with 12341234(default)
2018-3-4
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

There seems to be a lot of "hardly ever flown"  P3's being sold recently.  Maybe I should have put my first P3S basket case (that was given to me in exchange for for a $5 foot locker that I was selling junk out of at a swap meet) onto Craigs list instead of tossing it into my burning bin. After all, it had a couple motor screws that were still perfectly good.

Yeah, be sure to get a replacement/refund policy if you get talked into buying one of these birds in used condition.
2018-3-5
Use props
fansc6d289ee
lvl.1
United States

What color led are on the Remote status light and drone linking light?
2018-3-16
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75079 ft

United States

fansc6d289ee Posted at 2018-3-16 05:16
What color led are on the Remote status light and drone linking light?

Any luck on the linking. I was having some similar issues too. But not completely the same. The first min. controller to ac recognized each other but no camera feed. but i can move the camera up and down. then about 45 seconds to a min it would connect, strange. this happend to me today for the first time. I'll keep this in mind on next flight. I did notice the sequence of turning on the rc ac and acquiring wifi has a part in the connection process.  I keep getting them mixed up though. But if you have both DJI and Litchi app or any other app running at the same time that can be the culprit. .. Good luck. dont give up. it linked before it will link again. but like i said the sequence check that out, trial and error.
2018-3-20
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

While not directly related to this issue, I use an iPad that is dedicated to my drone. I installed an app called WiFi Priority. What it does is makes it so you have to manually connect to certain wifi networks. In my case that would mean my home wifi. So whenever I turn the iPad on, it will automatically connect to my drone and nothing else unless I specifically tell it to. It also automatically disconnects from those manually selected wifi networks when the iPad is put to sleep. What this all means is that whenever I am using the drone, and turn on my iPad it will always automatically connect to it regardless of what I was last connected to. It removes a few annoying steps of changing wifi over to the drone before I fly.
2018-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules