Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A Handy Use For The DJI Spark
1050 8 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nancy SEO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

I live here on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland. We just survived Winter Storm Riley. I clocked 50MPH + winds here. Today it's only blowing about 22 MPH, so I sent the drone up briefly to see if there was much roof damage on the house. Only a few shingles blew off.

The Spark made it easy to quickly and safely inspect! And people wonder why I bought it.  
2018-3-4
Use props
Ram-UK
Captain
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

I have to check my gutters for any leaves as when it rains sometime it overflows

Thanks for the heads up
2018-3-4
Use props
sidtx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

I did something similar with my P3S (before I owned my Spark).   Used it to inspect my roof shingles before putting my house on the market.  Wanted to get an idea of what the home inspector might find.

Sid
2018-3-4
Use props
dansmar
First Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Great use, it’s also useful for checking outlying property structures and areas quickly -if you own a large property
2018-3-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Practical use of the drone - I do the same
2018-3-5
Use props
jksphoto
Captain
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

That's one of the first things the wife got me to do when I got my Spark.  " Can I check for roof damage"
2018-3-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice.
2018-3-5
Use props
Lee Moon
First Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

At the end of January, I took some photos of a family member's roof.  They had shingle damage from a storm and wanted to know how bad it was.  I had fun using the Spark and they were glad to have the photos (and less roof damage than they thought!)

I've taken a few panoramic shots looking directly down on our property.  We'll use them to plan new landscaping and to document where infrastructure (power, cable, telephone, etc.) runs through our yard.

It's also nice to have a video and/or photo record of the property prior to major storms arriving.  Something I plan on doing prior to hurricane season.
2018-3-5
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

I'm glad the neighbors had little damage, and this is an easy, fast way to see exactly what's wrong without having a roofing company do an inspection. I agree that having a video record prior to hurricane season starting is a great idea for insurance purposes.
2018-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules