Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to download cache videos from Phantom 4 Pro +
15001 18 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jack French
New

United States

I went into the city today to record some aireal footage and I had forgot my sd card. So it gave me the option to still record, but all the videos will be stored on the RC's cache. How do I transfer those videos from my RC to my computer?
2018-3-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Use a USB cable.

RedHotPoker
2018-3-4
Use props
Jack French
New

United States

I tried that. I plugged it in my controller than into my computer. I then swiped down and clicked on "USB connected". I then clicked on the button that says "TURN ON USB STORAGE". After I did that the device popped up on my computer however, I can't seem to find the videos that I had recorded.
2018-3-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Jack French Posted at 2018-3-4 14:58
I tried that. I plugged it in my controller than into my computer. I then swiped down and clicked on "USB connected". I then clicked on the button that says "TURN ON USB STORAGE". After I did that the device popped up on my computer however, I can't seem to find the videos that I had recorded.

I thought the videos were stored in the drones memory?

RedHotPoker
2018-3-4
Use props
Tripp
First Officer
Flight distance : 2241401 ft
United States

I don't have a Pro+ so I'm only guessing, but I thought I'd try to help as I have a couple android devices.  The way I transfer files from a tablet or phone is select "settings" "connected devices", "usb" and then "transfer files".

2018-3-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-3-4 15:06
I thought the videos were stored in the drones memory?

The drone does not have memory, the clips are stored on the SD card or nothing. If you agree to the option of storing them in the RC's cache, then it is within the memory of the display device. But where is something I cannot answer. Hoverever note they will be low reolution copies of the video, so will not be in 4K if you shot in 4K.

2018-3-4
Use props
Tripp
First Officer
United States

My video files are in DJI/dji.go.v4/DJI_Record and then in folders sorted by date

2018-3-4
Use props
Jack French
New

United States

Tripp Posted at 2018-3-4 15:06
I don't have a Pro+ so I'm only guessing, but I thought I'd try to help as I have a couple android devices.  The way I transfer files from a tablet or phone is select "settings" "connected devices", "usb" and then "transfer files".

Are you referring to your computer settings?
2018-3-4
Use props
Jack French
New

United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-4 15:11
The drone does not have memory, the clips are stored on the SD card or nothing. If you agree to the option of storing them in the RC's cache, then it is within the memory of the display device. But where is something I cannot answer. Hoverever note they will be low reolution copies of the video, so will not be in 4K if you shot in 4K.

So would the only way to retrieve the videos is to sync your controller with your computer? Im not too worried about resolution, I just need the clips to be saved on my computer for a school project.
2018-3-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-4 15:11
The drone does not have memory, the clips are stored on the SD card or nothing. If you agree to the option of storing them in the RC's cache, then it is within the memory of the display device. But where is something I cannot answer. Hoverever note they will be low reolution copies of the video, so will not be in 4K if you shot in 4K.

Since the drone has memory to store flight control info, I thought there might be some memory for recording the very last video.

RedHotPoker
2018-3-4
Use props
Tripp
First Officer
United States

Jack French Posted at 2018-3-4 15:23
Are you referring to your computer settings?

All I know is the Pro+ RC uses android.  In my android devices I have to turn on 'transfer files' on the tablet or phone.  If I don't they show up as a folder on the computer, but there are no files in that folder.  Does your RC have a "settings" app?  If it does, select it and see if you see "connected devices".

2018-3-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Jack French Posted at 2018-3-4 15:26
So would the only way to retrieve the videos is to sync your controller with your computer? Im not too worried about resolution, I just need the clips to be saved on my computer for a school project.

I don't have a P4P+, so I cannot say for sure, but with any Android phone, it you connect it to your PC it simply shows up as storage, so you should be able to see it simply as a drive.
2018-3-4
Use props
IamWedge
First Officer
Flight distance : 321398 ft
United States

Yes, Id like to know as well. When I set up the App to enable Video Caching, where do they get stored? I looked on my Ipad. Nothing.
2018-3-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Tripp Posted at 2018-3-4 15:37
All I know is the Pro+ RC uses android.  In my android devices I have to turn on 'transfer files' on the tablet or phone.  If I don't they show up as a folder on the computer, but there are no files in that folder.  Does your RC have a "settings" app?  If it does, select it and see if you see "connected devices".

Perhaps enable hidden folders?
2018-3-4
Use props
Edward J Smith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a plus RC but I can't remember the folder name but once you select the device just do a search with the date they should show up with the folder name and file name too.
2018-3-4
Use props
Edward J Smith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

here ya go Jack:

a. Power on the controller and connect with PC.
b. Drag the screen and a bar will show up. Tap “USB connected” at the bottom and then “TURN ON USB STORAGE” on the screen.
c. You can find the video cache from here: DJI/dji.pilot.pad/DJI_RECORD
2018-3-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Jack, please check 16#'s reply, that's the correct way to export the video cache from the built-in screen.
2018-3-5
Use props
djiuser_zBryTxx2U7i6
New

United States

I have tried the steps indicated in #16 above.  Dragging the screen does not produce the bar with "USB Connected". I am only trying to download images - not video.  Any help appreciated.
2019-10-19
Use props
djiuser_zBryTxx2U7i6
New

United States

Edward J Smith Posted at 2018-3-4 19:43
here ya go Jack:

a. Power on the controller and connect with PC.

I tried this - could not get desired result.  I am only trying to download images - not video.  Does that make a difference?
2019-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules