Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 fly over Amazing Niagara Falls [my first post here]
1839 16 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
healbunny
lvl.3

Canada

Inspire 1 fly over Amazing Niagara Falls on April.30.2015. Total two fly path, altitude around 80 meters, and the second path direct fly into the huge water mist from falls. At that time, Im afraid of my bird will fall into the water >.< Anyway, my bird safely returned home like a hero.

Enjoy

Not sure why, the film got minor flickers.....added auto contrast in adobe premiere pro cc
2015-5-4
Use props
lesmess
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2753402 ft
United Kingdom

Great video, brave man letting the bird go through the water vapour.
2015-5-4
Use props
nilsblix
First Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

WOW - very nice
2015-5-4
Use props
joekeantang
Second Officer

United States

way was there no (NO FLY ZONE) on that area? i am surprised!
2015-5-4
Use props
Grimtheviking
First Officer
Flight distance : 11473780 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brilliant, thanks for sharing.
Did you have any water/damp problems after this shoot???

Regards
Mike.
2015-5-4
Use props
healbunny
lvl.3

Canada

joekeantang@gma Posted at 2015-5-5 03:43
way was there no (NO FLY ZONE) on that area? i am surprised!

no red circle(no fly zone) around the falls.
2015-5-4
Use props
healbunny
lvl.3

Canada

Grimtheviking Posted at 2015-5-5 04:34
Brilliant, thanks for sharing.
Did you have any water/damp problems after this shoot???

No water/damp problems after this shoot...since I let it dry under the sun. The only part got little wet was the camera (I increased altitude before the bird actual contact those huge water vapor)
Anyway, my heart was pump really fast at that time Not going to do this again...
2015-5-4
Use props
Colonel Angus
Second Officer

United States

healbunny Posted at 2015-5-5 05:31
no red circle(no fly zone) around the falls.

Great stuff !! I always wanted to shoot this locale. ) Bravo Suh!
2015-5-4
Use props
vonbaron1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Assume flight and like they say, basket ball, football and baseball only takes one ball but UAV pilots requires two.   Best video I've seen yet.  Good job.
2015-5-4
Use props
healbunny
lvl.3

Canada

vonbaron1 Posted at 2015-5-5 06:29
Assume flight and like they say, basket ball, football and baseball only takes one ball but UAV pilo ...

Thanks
2015-5-4
Use props
chibberts

United States

Beautiful video with the music chosen, thank you.
2015-5-4
Use props
theparrotsketch

United Kingdom

Fantastic shots well done, and a medal for bravery!
2015-5-4
Use props
4Blades
lvl.1

United States

This is rite outside my back door and I wanted to shoot this video so bad to share with everyone. Only problem is it was a brutal winter so I never wanted to go outside and shoot it. Then all the dreaded fly away issues so I didn't want to risk it flying away. Then I attempted an update and fried my bird. Its been at DJI for 5 weeks and have not heard a peep out of them. Thanks for the video you did a very nice job shooting it!
2015-5-6
Use props
lon.garwood

United States

Amazing and like someone else has already said, you must have a very big set of Xalls to fly over the Xalls...   Hats off to you bro...
2015-5-7
Use props
GB44
Captain
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Be careful where you fly.

I read a post on YouTube about someone flying over Niagra Falls and received a fine from the park Rangers as well as being tasered for not complying.

Also I wouldn't fly through moisture clouds !! its not designed for that and you are risking failure of the radio connection.
2015-5-8
Use props
healbunny
lvl.3

Canada

GB44 Posted at 2015-5-9 01:32
Be careful where you fly.

I read a post on YouTube about someone flying over Niagra Falls and recei ...

Thanks
I fly with care (not fly over people's head)
for the moist part...I'm not doing that again >.<
2015-5-8
Use props
Abe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you had crashed it and posted the story here, you'd be getting endless abuse right now for flying there, but because you had a successful (and beautiful!) flight, you get kudos from nearly everyone :-) That's the nature of this hobby. It's all about capturing new perspectives never before possible, which by definition involves risk. It is hard to get consensus on exactly where the line is drawn between stupid and brave. And that's precisely what makes this hobby so interesting and addictive for me and many others. The best and most interesting footage comes from those of us that stay close to that line. It's only there that that we really learn anything because it captures our full attention.

I for one commend you on taking the risk with this flight, and also respect your conclusion not to do it again. The reality is the only real risk was to your Inspire and it's clear no people or other property were at risk. And the end result is beautiful and inspiring. Thanks for posting this.

--Abe
2015-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules