Replaced new camera, Phantom beeping
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I replaced the camera on my friends Phantom 3 Advanced after he crashed it, but I am now getting a loud consistent beeping as you can hear in the video. I tried doing a firmware update with the latest Phantom 3 Adv firmware from Dji's website, but I don't believe this solved anything. One of the small cables that connects the gimbal to the main board is flattened a bit, and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the beeping.

The remote is updated with the latest firmware, but attemping to update the aircraft doesnt seem like it did anything. I tried updating it by inserting the micro SD card in the gimbal, and I let it sit for about 10 minutes, but there was no change in the gimbal beeping and only the typical latency with the drone beeping. It is also saying "No image transmission signal" but I clearly have a good video feed that isn't laggy or green screening. Check out the picture at the end of the video and let me know if you think that cable is the problem, or if there may have been some other problem/disconnect due to the crash.

Thanks!

2018-3-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Smith, I'm afraid that the firmware will not be successful if there is any hard glitch. Please kindly send it in for a full diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-5
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Even small dents in the cable can indicate damage to wiring.  I would have it replaced.
2018-3-5
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Re-flash the full firmware.
2018-3-5
Use props
Spacetrakker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

Reflashing the firmware just introduces another red herring!

The aircraft crashed and damaged the camera and possibly a cable. A crash will not damage the firmware so why complicate the troubleshooting by introducing new variables?
2018-3-15
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

Spacetrakker Posted at 2018-3-15 05:22

The aircraft crashed and damaged the camera and possibly a cable. A crash will not damage the firmware so why complicate the troubleshooting by introducing new variables?

Those flattened cables should still work...the beeping is regarding the software update. Try reformatting the sd card and restart the phantom.
2018-3-15
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

PowerBand1 Posted at 2018-3-15 05:46
Those flattened cables should still work...the beeping is regarding the software update. Try reformatting the sd card and restart the phantom.

you may have to wait 5 to 10 mins for beeping to stop.
2018-3-15
Use props
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spacetrakker Posted at 2018-3-15 05:22

After watching a video on how to flash the firmware (by holding down the linking button as you turn on the drone) I was able to get everything back to normal. the drone is now flying as it should and everything seems to be ok!
2018-3-15
Use props
Spacetrakker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

Mr Smith Posted at 2018-3-15 11:06
After watching a video on how to flash the firmware (by holding down the linking button as you turn on the drone) I was able to get everything back to normal. the drone is now flying as it should and everything seems to be ok!

Good job well done !
2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules