Camera blurry Please Help!!!
12501 19 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd28f22fe
New
United States

Hey folks.

I am brand new to drones and have a Mavic Pro. I am also not that great with Tech stuff ( I Know I Know, why have a drone) But the frist 6 or 7 times i flew have been fantastic.. All of a sudden last week I noticed the blurry image on my phone, when I looked further into it I realized that if its super up close its clear but if not its super blury, like cant make out objects blury. I researched alittle bit on google and the forums and didnt really get any where but I did recalibrate the gilmbal and the IMU and i have never messed with any other setting... Please help

Thank you in advance!!!
2018-3-4
Use props
RBMTS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169718 ft
United States

Check to see what the focus setting is in the DJI Go 4 app.  It could be that it was switched to manual focus (which means you'd have to tap on the screen to get it to focus.
2018-3-4
Use props
RBMTS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169718 ft
United States

Also meant to say that you can change the setting to auto-focus and it should auto correct for you.  
2018-3-4
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check the auto focus.
2018-3-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, please try to reset the camera settings and check if you are in auto mode, or try to tap the target you are going to focus. If the issue persists, please provide me with an original picture from the drone for a further help. You can also contact our support  for a further help: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-5
Use props
fansd28f22fe
New
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-5 03:00
Hi there, please try to reset the camera settings and check if you are in auto mode, or try to tap the target you are going to focus. If the issue persists, please provide me with an original picture from the drone for a further help. You can also contact our support  for a further help: http://www.dji.com/support

Thor, I reset the camera setting and it has been in auto focus mode.
I have deleted the app waited 30 mins and reinstalled the app still the same problem. I have called DJI support and they have said that it is the apple latest software so im trying to download it onto my work phone now which is the older apple software to see. It just does not make sense tome seeing how everything else is working...
2018-3-5
Use props
fansd28f22fe
New
United States

Thanks for the help so far guys, it is in auto focus mode
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansd28f22fe Posted at 2018-3-5 16:51
Thor, I reset the camera setting and it has been in auto focus mode.
I have deleted the app waited 30 mins and reinstalled the app still the same problem. I have called DJI support and they have said that it is the apple latest software so im trying to download it onto my work phone now which is the older apple software to see. It just does not make sense tome seeing how everything else is working...

Just to verify, had you checked the original pictures on the SD card? Will it also have the same issue? If yes, could you please provide me with the original video from the SD card of this case? You can upload to Dropbox and paste the link here for a further check. BTW, please provide me with your phone number that you used for contacting our support, thank you.
2018-3-9
Use props
parlusk
lvl.1

United States

Did you ever find a fix for this issue. Mine is doing the exact same thing. I am using an ipad
2019-7-12
Use props
tommynacc 7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46024 ft

parlusk Posted at 7-12 20:13
Did you ever find a fix for this issue. Mine is doing the exact same thing. I am using an ipad

My Mavic 1 is doing the same.  I’m adding an image taken today, the quality is very sub par.  It used to produce beautiful images, but now still are horrible, video so-so[img][/img]
2019-9-25
Use props
tommynacc 7
lvl.1

2019-9-25
Use props
tommynacc 7
lvl.1

On these I’m posting, I’m on auto focus, I touch the screen in subject area and this honestly is the best I could get with the sun behind me, about 8:00.

Here is another:
2019-9-25
Use props
tommynacc 7
lvl.1

No replies after almost a week?
2019-10-1
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft

tommynacc 7 Posted at 10-1 14:28
No replies after almost a week?

Your sample photos look fine to me -- perhaps if you uploaded the originals somewhere we could download and examine more closely?
2019-10-2
Use props
fans0d49d13e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 463832 ft
  • >>>
United States

parlusk Posted at 7-12 20:13

I too am having a problem with a Mavic Pro, I did 2 IMU calibrations and 2 Gimbal calibrations and still the problem persists, its in auto mode and auto focus is on, up close and its clear, but after take off everything is so blurry I can`t even see it, I have a P3P with basically the same settings and its fine, I`m lost on this one
2019-11-23
Use props
Jason_M
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178816 ft
Australia

fans0d49d13e Posted at 2019-11-23 12:16
I too am having a problem with a Mavic Pro, I did 2 IMU calibrations and 2 Gimbal calibrations and still the problem persists, its in auto mode and auto focus is on, up close and its clear, but after take off everything is so blurry I can`t even see it, I have a P3P with basically the same settings and its fine, I`m lost on this one

Any answer from these problems? Same problem. The App is blurry and can't see to fly. Have re-calibrated the vision system and it's not on auto.
2020-10-8
Use props
ctl3d
lvl.1

Romania

Guys did anybody found any solution regarding the blurry videos ? So i have the same problem with a mavic pro.I am having the same problem as this guy in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2jFS51GB8M&ab_channel=51Drones&fbclid=IwAR3eseRsVDk6mIsvxBpGd6rPgZD0OgXYoj-d093tVwv16LyU67H2sfTy_VA

Si there any chance i can reparid this even by changing the camera with a new one ? Thanks!
2020-11-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

ctl3d Posted at 11-30 13:52
Guys did anybody found any solution regarding the blurry videos ? So i have the same problem with a mavic pro.I am having the same problem as this guy in this video:

Si there any chance i can reparid this even by changing the camera with a new one ? Thanks!

Your issue is not the same as the OP in this thread. He was reporting overall focus as being soft, whereas you have an issue with focus on the edges only. The camera on your aircraft is a cheap component, it is not guaranteed to be perfectly in focus at the edges.
2020-11-30
Use props
ctl3d
lvl.1

Romania

Ok but i am not the only one with this issue, all over the internet there are a lot of people with this same problem, and they had the problems even when they bought new drones.Anyway, there is a solution ? Can i buy a new camera and if i buy a new camera how can i make sure i don`t have that problem anymore?
2020-11-30
Use props
harmapro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 261421 ft
Greece

I have the same problem. I sent my Mavic 2 Pro back to DJI, they replaced the drone with what I assume is a refurbished one....and it still does the same thing. The problem is that because I need the drone for work, I had bought another drone in the interim and neglected to use the refurbished Mavic 2 Pro from DJI for like 6 months. One fine I decide to open the sealed box of the refurbished drone, flew it a couple of times and it was fine. Then the same non-focus issue started after a few flights. It doesn't focus neither in MF or in AF, I even tried taking off the protective glass and the same. Ive done calibrations, resets, updates, IMU resets. Its all the same. Anyone have a solution.
Ive got the Hasselblad one.
2022-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules