Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unbelievable frustrating LOGIN and APP procedures
521 9 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UGBANDTULSA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16424 ft
United States

DJI,

Please take this as "constructive criticism", but also understand the consequences of your actions.

The unbelievable frustration of just USING my Phantom 3 standard for the very first time in a "whopping" 3 months literally cost me a PAYING job and my entire reputation today in front of a realtor today. This is UNACCEPTABLE RESULTS for a company like DJI. Whoever decided that a complete rewrite of the app and/or firmware/and/or login procedures should be immediately fired without pay.

LEARN THIS: When people buy your products, they DO NOT WANT to have to sign up for something AGAIN that they have already done in the past, now do we want to spend 2 more hours doing the EXACT same thing we have done already. We buy the product, we turn it on, it should WORK. FIRST TIME, EVERY TIME, PERIOD, NO EXCUSES. We can sign up later if we WANT TO, but under all circumstances, the product should be able to FLY NOW. PERIOD. END OF @#%@% STORY. Understand?

I can never purchase another DJI product again because of this ridiculous act of "stupidity sabotage", simply because some $8/hr millenial programmer (who doesn't actually USE his own product out in the real world) has no clue about anything other than what his boss says to do- which was obviously "make people sign up before they can fly the drone- so that we can flood them with spam and track them." This is simply BULL@#$.

After trying TWO devices, reinstalling the app THREE times, and trying TWO different batteries, all while a million dollar customer watched from a car down the block was THE single most embarrassing thing I have ever experienced. Your "new" garbage mobile app can't even render a simple "sign in" button correctly (Note 8), and kept asking me for my CHINA phone number!!! WTF???? After 45 minutes, the client drove up and booted me off the property. SERIOUSLY??? WTF

DJI, your company is now officially the worst drone company in the business at this time, simply because of the way you sabotage people from using the product without an extensive sign in period.  My brand new Yuneec took less than 10 minutes to get going, and is simply PHENOMENAL.

Therefore, BYE BYE forever! And I WILL take as many with me as humanly possible- in fact, because of the results I had, it is now a personal mission of mine to share my experience. Only likely if you suffer the same consequences that I did, you will now understand that people do more with your products than just shoot wakeboarding and snow skiing videos, and that millions of us sometimes don't use the drones for a few months at a time- but when we do, we expect them to WORK PERFECTLY without having to spend 4 hours FIXING THEM.

Got it?

Mike H
2018-3-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Nice rant, but understand this. You are not talking to DJI, you are ranting on a punblic users forum, and the vast majority of your audience are users like yourself. Got it?

And if you got out to a paying job without finding out about the log-in procedure, then you are a fool. Any responsible operator would have known of the issue and taken steps to mitigate it before arriving at the site. Going out for the first time to use your aircraft on a paying job says a lot about you, and what it says is that you are unprofessional.

If on the other hand, you had come here and sked for help before going out, many members could have helped you get logged in and you would have avoided all that ambarrassment.

Got it?

2018-3-4
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Totally understand your frustration.  This is why I advise pilots NOT to update their app or firmware.  In fact I encourage them to spend some time, do a little research, & take the necessary steps to downgrade to a RELIABLE version of the FW/App that predates the sign-in requirement.  I also fail to understand why some continue to defend & make excuses for the absolutely horrid, control-freak, nature of the current software.  Simply put, it sucks.
2018-3-4
Use props
Texas-Mark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

I'm not understanding the issue. Did you take a brand new drone out to the job without testing or setting it up first?  Because once you set it up, there are no login issues. You don't even have to be connected to the Internet again to fly it.  

Even when I bought my second Phantom 3, it took less than 5 minutes to register it with DJI.
2018-3-4
Use props
ArgenBrewer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18638 ft
Argentina

I understand that if in the general configuration you leave activated the option of China Mainland, it asks for you the ridiculous Chinese telephone number, is this the case or am I wrong? Maybe that was the reason why the friend could not start the application and fly his P3S.
2018-3-4
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Captain
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Whatcha want to be that this guy never read the manual?    And to take a drone that you've obviously not tested privately out to work in front of a paying client is pretty amateurish.  I think DJI will do fine without your business for the long haul.
2018-3-4
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Hi Mike,
Do you have to log in very often? Did you not use the "remember me"-option  in the log in to DJI ?
2018-3-4
Use props
Nebicaneser
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

part of the help given in this forum is from USER TO USER this forum is running by volunteers really .....
2018-3-5
Use props
CraigR
lvl.4
Australia

You just have to wait until the next school holiday period which is when the programmers have time to update the firmware and app
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Mike, I'm so sorry to read your post. Generally, I'd suggest to log in and keep the status so that there is no need to login anymore. Regarding the Chinese phone number, it will disappear when there is enough GPS signal and connected the local internet. I understand your frustration, would like to help if the similar troubles happen, you can also contact our support from here: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules