1398 20 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yesterday I tried to make some hyperlapses with active track, but I noticed the screen dimmed after a couple of seconds. My Osmo Mobile (1) is up to date and I am using an iPhone SE running the latest iOS (11.2.6)
I tried to find a setting for this, but could not find any.
Do I miss something?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Is this the first time this issue happens? How about rebooting everything? Does the issue persist?
2018-3-5
Use props
pauldpaul
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm still waiting for my osmo mobile 2 to arrive but something ive noticed with my SE is if it is in battery saver mode then the screen dims much sooner, check you dont have battery saver mode on, if the battery icon in the top right is yellow then you have battery saver on.
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

pauldpaul Posted at 2018-3-5 02:25
I'm still waiting for my osmo mobile 2 to arrive but something ive noticed with my SE is if it is in battery saver mode then the screen dims much sooner, check you dont have battery saver mode on, if the battery icon in the top right is yellow then you have battery saver on.

It seems a nice point, thanks for sharing.
2018-3-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-5 02:15
Is this the first time this issue happens? How about rebooting everything? Does the issue persist?

Yes, it was the first time.
And only when in hyperlapse mode.
I will try if it also happens in other modes.
2018-3-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

pauldpaul Posted at 2018-3-5 02:25
I'm still waiting for my osmo mobile 2 to arrive but something ive noticed with my SE is if it is in battery saver mode then the screen dims much sooner, check you dont have battery saver mode on, if the battery icon in the top right is yellow then you have battery saver on.

Thanks for the suggestion, but the iPhone does not dim the screen in other apps.
Only when in DJI Go.
2018-3-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-5 02:15

I will also try rebooting.
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-5 02:36
I will also try rebooting.

No problem, more tests would be much appreciated.
2018-3-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-5 03:07

To be continued.
2018-3-5
Use props
Snaver
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United States

My 6s plus dims as well when shooting any time lapse. I assumed that this a feature, to reduce phone battery drain. If your shooting for long periods of time, do you need to see a fully lite screen? When darkened, just touching the screen restores it to full illumination.

Brings up a good point though.
DJI really needs to improve the operating manual for the OM2.
2018-3-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Snaver Posted at 2018-3-5 06:10
My 6s plus dims as well when shooting any time lapse. I assumed that this a feature, to reduce phone battery drain. If your shooting for long periods of time, do you need to see a fully lite screen? When darkened, just touching the screen restores it to full illumination.

Brings up a good point though.

I agree on the timelapse part, but when shooting a hyperlapse with active track you do want (need) to check if your subject (that you are tracking) is still being tracked.
Otherwise you may end up with a perfectly ruined video of something you did not want to have tracked as GO lost track (and you did not see that in the dimmed screen).
2018-3-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dear Mindy.
Can you confirm it #10 is right?
(like this is designed to work like that)?

And if so ask for either:
1. a way to disable this (that would be my preferred way)
2. disabling this when in active track mode

PS, both for Osmo Mobile v1 and v2
2018-3-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I verified with another user (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=138762) he also has the dimming. (see #7)
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-5 23:01
I verified with another user (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=138762) he also has the dimming. (see #7)

I didn't notice Miltmanos's screen got dimmed as well from the video, but I'm confirming with our engineers for verify the working principle of the current DJI Go APP since I saw other users reported the same issue but I didn't find it with my iPhone, I will let you know once I hear from them, please wait for a moment.
2018-3-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-8 02:03
I didn't notice Miltmanos's screen got dimmed as well from the video, but I'm confirming with our engineers for verify the working principle of the current DJI Go APP since I saw other users reported the same issue but I didn't find it with my iPhone, I will let you know once I hear from them, please wait for a moment.

Patience is my middle name
Thanks already.

I can imagine why DJI made this for regular timelapses and even motion timelapses. (saving battery)
But when in hyperlapse mode you want to check your screen.
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-8 02:09
Patience is my middle name
Thanks already.

Hi Montfrooij, thanks for your patience, we have verified with our engineers, this is a feature aiming to save battery, we will add the button the future APP so that customer can turn on/off this feature.
2018-3-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-9 02:15
Hi Montfrooij, thanks for your patience, we have verified with our engineers, this is a feature aiming to save battery, we will add the button the future APP so that customer can turn on/off this feature.

Thanks a lot. That would help for hyperlapses
2018-3-9
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for the delayed reply.... missed your original post.  With regard to battery preservation.... You may be experiencing some of the battery protection algorythms that Apple employed when a battery has started to loose it's capacity.  

Apparently Apple added firmware that would slow down certain demanding operations to save battery, the idea being that you could still make a phone call/emergency call with the battery being low.  In the last week ( today is April 10 ) an iOS software update (11.3) was released.  It has as part of it the added <Battery> under Settings.  One of the options under <Battery>  "Battery Health (Beta)" which when selected will display your batteries Maximum Capacity as a percent.  Basically telling you how much "life" is left in your battery.  

While there are other functions that allow you to "turn off" the slow-down/protections, the capacity one is most helpful to me.  Lets me know whether it's time to replace the battery without that day when I've not backed up the phone and the battery dies....permanently.  You SE is a few generations old and you might be close to needing a replacement.  

Hope this helps.
2018-4-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

WebParrot Posted at 2018-4-10 05:11
Sorry for the delayed reply.... missed your original post.  With regard to battery preservation.... You may be experiencing some of the battery protection algorythms that Apple employed when a battery has started to loose it's capacity.  

Apparently Apple added firmware that would slow down certain demanding operations to save battery, the idea being that you could still make a phone call/emergency call with the battery being low.  In the last week ( today is April 10 ) an iOS software update (11.3) was released.  It has as part of it the added  under Settings.  One of the options under   "Battery Health (Beta)" which when selected will display your batteries Maximum Capacity as a percent.  Basically telling you how much "life" is left in your battery.  

Thanks for the suggestion.
I will give it a try.
Just updated a few days ago
2018-4-10
Use props
Yeri Tan
lvl.2

United States

Try updating the app and other common ways like restarting and hard resetting iPhone. If no use, maybe an ios system recovery tool can help you.
2021-6-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeri Tan Posted at 6-24 23:08
Try updating the app and other common ways like restarting and hard resetting iPhone. If no use, maybe an ios system recovery tool can help you.

Thanks.
No problems anymore.
2021-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules