Replace Shell
1031 6 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jschultz
lvl.1

United States

Hello-

We recently had an unfortunate crash and cracked the shell. We purchased a new shell and have begun taking the old body apart. It's been relatively easy to this point except I cannot figure out how to remove one of the screws. Please see the attached picture. If you've done this before and can provide any guidance, the help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2015-5-4
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

Don't see an attached picture.  Go in and choose edit on your original post then at the top you should see an option to use the picture you uploaded.  Click use then save the post.  That should give us the picture.
2015-5-4
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

busclas Posted at 2015-5-5 02:23
Don't see an attached picture.  Go in and choose edit on your original post then at the top you shou ...

There is no PIC.

Think he forgot it
2015-5-4
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

There is no picture but if you are talking about the bottom screw on the outside of each arm, you need to remove it first before all the others in the arm. Without those other screws in, it makes that outside screw very tight.
2015-5-4
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

jschultz, check out the applicable video below:

Vision+:
P2/Vision:
2015-5-4
Use props
davidw1963
lvl.2

United States

I had to replace mine last week. I removed all screws at arm ends first and worked in. Also  i left just about everything plugged in as to not lose order of way things were mounted.
2015-5-5
Use props
epensenstadler
New

United States

davidw1963@att. Posted at 2015-5-5 18:50
I had to replace mine last week. I removed all screws at arm ends first and worked in. Also  i left  ...

Hello, not sure if you still need help here, and it didn't look like your question was directly answered, so I hope this helps:

I ASSUME you are referring to the one screw that is under the mother board.  If so, then you have to remove the silver unit that is above it - it appears as though this silver unit is securely  attached to the motherboard, but actually it is only held on by very strong double sided tape.  The LIGHT use of a flat head screw driver will help you to pry it up.  Once this is up, and all the other screws are removed, then you will be able to physically reach that one seemingly-impossible-to-reach screw!

Hope this helped!
Eric
2015-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules