Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO App unable to free up storage space
27012 17 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe0041ff
lvl.1

United States

I recently started using DJI Go app along with my new Osmo Mobile 2. The problem is after shooting a couple of videos, my phone storeage is full. And even though after I've deleted all videos and photos from my library inside the DJI app, and cleared out all of cache, I'm still seeing the App is taking up the majority of my iphone storage space (DJI Go app shows 10GB of space taken up on my iphone). The only way right now is to delete and reinstall the app. But this is very inconvenient, is there a better way? Please help
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I would recommend you clear the cache files the setting. Please tap into "Me" -"setting" and clear all the cache files. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-6
Use props
fansfe0041ff
lvl.1

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-6 00:03
I would recommend you clear the cache files the setting. Please tap into "Me" -"setting" and clear all the cache files. Thanks for your support.

hi there. As I stated in my post, I have already done the clear cache method multiple times but it only freed up 1GB of space, there are still at least 8GB of space taken up that can not be found anywhere in the app and there is no way to free up that space
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansfe0041ff Posted at 2018-3-6 09:46
hi there. As I stated in my post, I have already done the clear cache method multiple times but it only freed up 1GB of space, there are still at least 8GB of space taken up that can not be found anywhere in the app and there is no way to free up that space

I see. In your case, I would recommend you try to delete the original video in your phone. Here is the path: DJI GO//Documents/hg300 storage
2018-3-7
Use props
fansfe0041ff
lvl.1

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-7 03:11
I see. In your case, I would recommend you try to delete the original video in your phone. Here is the path: DJI GO//Documents/hg300 storage

I see. But how do you use this path? How do you get to that folder? This is iPhone 7 that I'm using..
2018-3-7
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Captain
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

This may be too simple, but have you looked inside your phone's "photos" folder (not DJI Go's)?  Perhaps you also "saved" the app's photos/movies onto your phone's regular photo app?
2018-3-7
Use props
fansfe0041ff
lvl.1

United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-3-7 14:48
This may be too simple, but have you looked inside your phone's "photos" folder (not DJI Go's)?  Perhaps you also "saved" the app's photos/movies onto your phone's regular photo app?

hey Stanford. I've never saved them yet into my phone app. And I did check but there's nothing there in my photo app either.. Again, these files are stored inside the app, when you open the settings you would be able to see that DJI app is taking up a big chunk amount of storage space, and even after you delete your files inside the DJI app the files are still there..
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansfe0041ff Posted at 2018-3-7 11:06
I see. But how do you use this path? How do you get to that folder? This is iPhone 7 that I'm using..

I would recommend you connect your iphone with PC and use ITune to delete the files. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-9
Use props
djiuser_KJAT2RtRIZjr
New
Netherlands

This is certainly not a proper "solution". If I delete photos and videos they should be either deleted straight away and free up space or be moved to a pre-delete location like the standard "recently deleted" album. You are now avoiding the app's shortcomings. Instead please fix the issue (together with many other issues in your app)
2018-6-24
Use props
fans6f7a6f7a
New
India

Same thing happens with me, DJI GO App is just consuming some space, even if I follow all the steps mentioned above. I am on a tour, no internet connection on my Journey even to reinstall again, please help!
2018-8-7
Use props
piumatime
New

United States

I think I found the issue here on iPhone.

First off, there are two places I've needed to first delete files: 1 DJIGO app, and 2 the photos iOS app (because I export the files to work with).

I noticed this didn't do it. So I then went into the deleted files, and deleted them a 2nd time. What this does, is bypasses iOS approx. 30 day hold on deleting the videos. I guess this is a precaution they installed BUT the data is still on your phone for a while unless you don't delete a second time.

I had still same issue as in this thread.

I applied the delete Cache from DJIGO app. and then voila, all the data finally was off my phone

Solution - make sure that your photos app is delaying the delete; go into deleted files in photos app and ensure they are all confirmed deleted.
2018-11-7
Use props
Fokasy
New

United Kingdom

It would be a problem with your delete method,i mean,maybe some of the juck files or other data on iPhone have not been deleted completely,this is probably why the storage space of your iPhone is full .
2019-1-17
Use props
Fokasy
New

United States

Clicking it for more:https://www.safewiper.com/ios-data-eraser.html
Where can you learn how to free up iPhone by deleting data.
2019-1-20
Use props
MaxAda

China

In addition to the DJI GO App, there may be a lot of cached data, and images and video caches will take up a lot of space on the iPhone. Look at your storage space and clean up "other" is a wise choice.
2019-3-11
Use props
Mamun Srizon
New

Bangladesh

Hi, did you find a solution to this? I am wondering why everyone here is defending the issue or pretending it doesn't exist instead of finding a proper solution.

This is a major issue and it needs to be fixed.
2019-5-8
Use props
djiuser_vnJkDtEJfZlo
New
Flight distance : 35722 ft

United States

I just spent hours of work on a project and when l was done it wouldn't save. Waited the next day to try to save it and realized everything was deleted. All my hours of work gone. Can you explain why this happened
2019-6-19
Use props
fans266b23fc
lvl.1

Denmark

Seriously no solution found on this issue all iphone user should have the same problem I had to delete the app
2020-2-16
Use props
djiuser_Mc1eRw3MIrIb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25791 ft
India

Open DJI app and click profile and you will see option called settings, click that and again you will see “ clear cache option and select that , right side you will see clear video , clear photo , webpage etc option , click the one which you have  more space occupied and confirm by clicking ok. You memory will become zero  . It worked and after doing it posting the message . Attached screenshot

Note : don’t delete the app ☹️
2021-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules