Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compass redundancy switch
1610 5 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Little John
lvl.4
Flight distance : 192244 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, when I powered on my Mavic Pro today I got the following message Warning Compass Redundancy Switch.

Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thanks
2018-3-5
Use props
frankengels
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2273796 ft
Belgium

The Mavic has 2 IMU's and compasses, if it detects an anomaly it will switch over to the second compass.

Generally when the Warning "compass redundancy switch occured" is raised on the Go4 App, it is time to bring the Mavic home and check the compass calibration.

In your case it can be inducted by ferromagnetic (iron) objects near the Mavic.
Move your Mavic to an other place with no ferromagnetic objects and check your compass sensors. (Advanced/Sensors/Compass in the Go4 App)

The compass sensors should be most of the time below 50.
Spikes over 75 is a no-go for safe flight.
When this criteria is not met, make a good compass calibration. (far away from metallic objects, etc)

Please note:
If the Mavic did already a redundancy switch and detects again an anomaly on the second compass during the flight it will go to ATTI. (Clould end up with a fly away)

My personal recommendation is to check the compass sensors before every flight and proceed as stated above.
2018-3-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankengels Posted at 2018-3-5 11:26
The Mavic has 2 IMU's and compasses, if it detects an anomaly it will switch over to the second compass.

Generally when the Warning "compass redundancy switch occured" is raised on the Go4 App, it is time to bring the Mavic home and check the compass calibration.

Great advice!        
2018-3-5
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Generally when the Warning "compass redundancy switch occured" is raised on the Go4 App, it is time to bring the Mavic home and check the compass calibration.

Something I didn't know.

Thanks for the information. I will keep it filed away in my MP need to know file.
2018-3-5
Use props
Little John
lvl.4
Flight distance : 192244 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you for the reply and the great information
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, 2# advice makes sense, you can refer to his reply, calibrate the compass and check the compass status on the main controller settings.
2018-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules