64700 224 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 505889 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know there is a going to be a big price point difference. I like some of the features on the Air...  I own a Platinum so I am not as pressed to get an Air and with the Pro 2's right around the corner.. just wondering what other people are thinking on this one. I don't have money for both so I'm leaning on waiting for the Pro 2 but geeez I really want that 32meg pano!!!
Single SelectVote, Total 380 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-3-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I would wait for MP2. Not because that is the one I would buy for sure, but to see what it brings and what that does to the price of the MA.
2018-3-5
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I agree, with the Platinum you are well equipped for the time being and my guess is that you won't need to wait that much longer for knowing what will come up next, maybe a month or so... The Mavic Air is a truly great device and I do not at all regret the purchase knowing that the new Mavic will be even a greater device but beyond of what I want to spend or would need for the foreseeable future. But who knows when I might get further infected...
2018-3-5
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Not comparable at all IMO. You are comparing a 1300+ USD drone to a 730 USD one. It's all up to your budget honestly. Mavic Pro 2, if the rumors are true, will be much better than MA.
2018-3-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That will depend on the price, specs and waiting list/shipping time I guess and ultimately what you want the drone for as I'm sure they are going to be very different designs for different users. Looking at your profile and the drones you have listed I would sell the spark for the MA now and the MP/P for the MP2 when it comes out if you think it will be a vast improvement over the MPP. It will need a 1" sensor for me to part with £1500 - though I am selling my P4P
2018-3-5
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-5 15:51
That will depend on the price, specs and waiting list/shipping time I guess and ultimately what you want the drone for as I'm sure they are going to be very different designs for different users. Looking at your profile and the drones you have listed I would sell the spark for the MA now and the MP/P for the MP2 when it comes out if you think it will be a vast improvement over the MPP. It will need a 1" sensor for me to part with £1500 - though I am selling my P4P

I've thought about selling my Spark.. the problem with that is that my wife started flying it and love it. It's an easy drone to control with the RC and responds fast. She named it "Sparkles" OMG She might even glitter it. Though it's nice having 2nd drone cam.

So yeah..it's a tough one. I really want the Air... I think think someone said it above.. if I wait for the MP2 it will adjust all the prices down and it's right around the corner. I might just wait for now.
2018-3-5
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-3-5 15:07
Not comparable at all IMO. You are comparing a 1300+ USD drone to a 730 USD one. It's all up to your budget honestly. Mavic Pro 2, if the rumors are true, will be much better than MA.

Yeah I understand it's apples and oranges.. like my   platinum and spark are now. It's just my wife approved me buying another drone. So I am considering all the options and I really like the pano on the air..since I can't buy both.. I'm more inclined to wait.. especially after seeing what people are saying here.
2018-3-5
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Yup, as long as you have a working quad, I'd wait for the new Mavic Pro 2.
2018-3-5
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-5 15:51
That will depend on the price, specs and waiting list/shipping time I guess and ultimately what you want the drone for as I'm sure they are going to be very different designs for different users. Looking at your profile and the drones you have listed I would sell the spark for the MA now and the MP/P for the MP2 when it comes out if you think it will be a vast improvement over the MPP. It will need a 1" sensor for me to part with £1500 - though I am selling my P4P

Hmm and yeah thinking about it.. that 1" sensor would be AWESOME and totally worth the wait.
2018-3-5
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-5 13:44
I would wait for MP2. Not because that is the one I would buy for sure, but to see what it brings and what that does to the price of the MA.

I think you are right there. I'm shocked at how much my Spark fell in price from release. It's right around the corner and now I am thinking I'd really like that 1" sensor if that is indeed what they are putting in it.
2018-3-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-3-5 16:15
I've thought about selling my Spark.. the problem with that is that my wife started flying it and love it. It's an easy drone to control with the RC and responds fast. She named it "Sparkles"  OMG She might even glitter it. Though it's nice having 2nd drone cam.

So yeah..it's a tough one. I really want the Air... I think think someone said it above.. if I wait for the MP2 it will adjust all the prices down and it's right around the corner. I might just wait for now.

You want to keep the wife happy for sure Looks like you've made your decision. Fingers crossed we're not waiting too long!
2018-3-5
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-3-5 16:17
Yeah I understand it's apples and oranges.. like my   platinum and spark are now. It's just my wife approved me buying another drone. So I am considering all the options and I really like the pano on the air..since I can't buy both.. I'm more inclined to wait.. especially after seeing what people are saying here.

Honestly you already have the Mavic Pro and Platinum. The Mavic Air won't be an upgrade so I suggest you get the MP 2 when it comes out, even if it means that you have to wait longer. Mavic Air is a great drone but it's not much of an upgrade at all compared to the MPP (I'd personally consider it a downgrade).
2018-3-5
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

The mp2 is delayed till mid this year but will be a bit bigger also says the chinese leaker guy.

I would suggest platinum.
Platinum is much better than the air, the air is more like a spark improvement.

To me there's no difference of portability of the air and the pro because there's no point of making it smaller. Getting any smaller than the pro is pretty pointless for me. And the air sounds even louder than the regular pro.
Platinum is a lot quieter so no competition.
2018-3-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-3-5 16:21
I think you are right there. I'm shocked at how much my Spark fell in price from release. It's right around the corner and now I am thinking I'd really like that 1" sensor if that is indeed what they are putting in it.

We will see what MP2 brings. But the 100Mb/s bitrate alone would be worth waiting for (if the price is right)
2018-3-5
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

If I were you I'd wait for the MP Pro II, or sell the MPP now it still has value, get an Mavic Air and sell it again when the MP Pro II comes out with even better features.

I'm already waiting for the Mavic Air II
2018-3-6
Use props
Roundhouse_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13228 ft
Netherlands

I dont understand why people keep trying to compare these two drones

Mavic air fly more combo - 1050
Mavic Pro II fly more combo - 1600 (guess since it will probably be more expensive than the platium FM)

Thats a 550 dollar gap, now i cant speak for other peoples budgets but this is a big difference.
And than there is that is aimed not even to the same type of users
2018-3-6
Use props
Roundhouse_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13228 ft
Netherlands

i was to quick to reply,

i think it al depends on what you want to do with it. i too was in confict over wether to wait for the pro II of go for the air, but since i use it for travel the air it is.
but if you are just want it for the pano you should wait for the pro II, cause it will probably have the pano too and more
2018-3-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If they manage to put a 1” sensor on a Mavic Pro people will take out bank loans to buy it LOL They will sell MILLIONS - even if it’s 2 grand!
2018-3-6
Use props
DJREM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174482 ft
Norway

I wouldn´t count on a price reduction of the Mavic Air just when the Mavic Pro 2 will come out soon since the Mavic Air is pretty new itself. DJI will most likely not adjust the price of a fairly new product just because they are releasing another model in a completely other price range.
2018-3-6
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

For me it would be wait for the MP2, but the issue is the possible size of the AC, if it's much bigger than the current MP and MPP , then for me that is a show stopper
2018-3-8
Use props
Jetta-The-Hut
lvl.3

United States

Pro 2 with a 45 minute flight time would be awesome!
2018-3-8
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

No Brain'er for me, I would wait until the MP II shows up to see what it has to offer if budget is a factor, you have a nice machine now to scratch your flying itch.
2018-3-8
Use props
JOAQUINTAS
lvl.1
Panama

MAVIC AIR DOES NOT WORK-  
2018-3-9
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

JOAQUINTAS Posted at 2018-3-9 08:40
MAVIC AIR DOES NOT WORK-  If since I bought my New Mavic Air in Aventura Florida has never worked, does not connect, thinking that errpr intenet follow all the steps of youtube and the DJI tutorials and nothing ... DOES NOT WORK. Look for an expert drone pilot here in Panama and we try it together and nothing, THE MAVIC AIR DOES NOT TRANSFER IT DOES NOT SERVE. Then I gave up. Prepare everything call DJI and tell me that being new and being within 15 days and never flown I send it and they change it for another, OK it seemed fair, but then they send me an email and they tell me that I should send everything absolutely everything, I told them that the DJI GOOLE combo lens does NOT MISS IT, and they say that if I do not send everything the warranty will not work ... OK I ACCEPT SEND IT ALL, But in what I'm in the courier to send it tell me that I can not send the batteries, that is, I can send the drone but the batteries are not ... IN SUMMARY IT DOES NOT SERVE ANYTHING ... I AM ALWAYS IN ADORN AND I REMEMBER ... Ok finally after talking to DJI They told me that they could not do anything, that if they did not send it completely it would not work ... RECOMMENDATION DJI .. SOLVING THE PROBLEM OF THE WIFI WITH THE DRONE MAVIC AIR .. THE CUSTOMERS AND USERS ARE DISTURBED AND I KNOW THAT THEY ARE MANY CASES .. IT IS NOT THE ISOLATED MINE ... Well, thank you and I hope someday learn that you can not comp for something so new if not wait for it to fail others. DJI I DISPOSE.

You should take it to Drone Nerds in Aventura, not far from you they can get it straight.

Drone Nerds
2018-3-9
Use props
burnham187
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

For sure wait for the MP2.  It is going to be awesome.
2018-3-9
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

From your toy list on your profile.  I can see you suffer from the same disease I do.  Hows that credit card balance?   
2018-3-9
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

JOAQUINTAS Posted at 2018-3-9 08:40
MAVIC AIR DOES NOT WORK-  If since I bought my New Mavic Air in Aventura Florida has never worked, does not connect, thinking that errpr intenet follow all the steps of youtube and the DJI tutorials and nothing ... DOES NOT WORK. Look for an expert drone pilot here in Panama and we try it together and nothing, THE MAVIC AIR DOES NOT TRANSFER IT DOES NOT SERVE. Then I gave up. Prepare everything call DJI and tell me that being new and being within 15 days and never flown I send it and they change it for another, OK it seemed fair, but then they send me an email and they tell me that I should send everything absolutely everything, I told them that the DJI GOOLE combo lens does NOT MISS IT, and they say that if I do not send everything the warranty will not work ... OK I ACCEPT SEND IT ALL, But in what I'm in the courier to send it tell me that I can not send the batteries, that is, I can send the drone but the batteries are not ... IN SUMMARY IT DOES NOT SERVE ANYTHING ... I AM ALWAYS IN ADORN AND I REMEMBER ... Ok finally after talking to DJI They told me that they could not do anything, that if they did not send it completely it would not work ... RECOMMENDATION DJI .. SOLVING THE PROBLEM OF THE WIFI WITH THE DRONE MAVIC AIR .. THE CUSTOMERS AND USERS ARE DISTURBED AND I KNOW THAT THEY ARE MANY CASES .. IT IS NOT THE ISOLATED MINE ... Well, thank you and I hope someday learn that you can not comp for something so new if not wait for it to fail others. DJI I DISPOSE.

DJI is FOR SURE, without a doubt the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THE PLANT... Literally I have found no company more repulsive in the customer support arena than these guys.  But DAYMN they make neato toys.
2018-3-9
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

I have the Air, fly it in a heavy urban area, and I'm very disappointed.  "Enhanced" wifi is a joke.  I'd rather go with Ocusync.
2018-3-9
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-6 03:36
If they manage to put a 1” sensor on a Mavic Pro people will take out bank loans to buy it LOL They will sell MILLIONS - even if it’s 2 grand!

i already have 2 grand and more in my savings. Guarantee when that Mav Pro II drops i'm gonna be one of the first to get it.
I have the air and while it gets the job done i think DJI made a mistake in making it Wifi.
2018-3-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Acenspades Posted at 2018-3-9 15:03
i already have 2 grand and more in my savings. Guarantee when that Mav Pro II drops i'm gonna be one of the first to get it.
I have the air and while it gets the job done i think DJI made a mistake in making it Wifi.

I won't be one of the first - I'll let the beta customers iron out all the bugs first then I'll buy one in person from my local dealer when all of the usual hype has settled, if it's worth buying of course. I don't just buy something because it's new - it needs to suit my personal needs and I won't know that until it's released later in the year.
2018-3-9
Use props
JOAQUINTAS
lvl.1
Panama

QuadKid Posted at 2018-3-9 09:38
You should take it to Drone Nerds in Aventura, not far from you they can get it straight.

Drone Nerds

THAKS... DRONE NERDS .. THE BEST
2018-3-9
Use props
pierce
lvl.1
Portugal

I'll never change occusync for anything else. Waiting for MV2
2018-3-10
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Wait for the MP2, and them wait for the prices go down, them you can wait for the MP3....
2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

NerdyGuy Posted at 2018-3-9 14:21
DJI is FOR SURE, without a doubt the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THE PLANT... Literally I have found no company more repulsive in the customer support arena than these guys.  But DAYMN they make neato toys.

NerdyGuy, may I know what difficulties do you encounter when contacted our support? Is there anything I can help? I've checked your post and only found the previous flyaway accident, our supervisor had contacted you for negotiation at that time. Could you confirm? I'm sorry if I missed something.  
2018-3-10
Use props
fansaed0b2ee
New
Flight distance : 82208 ft
United States

The Administrator Susan looks like Jessica Alba.
2018-3-11
Use props
fans4ee4a121
lvl.3
Canada

You should wait
2018-3-11
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-3-5 16:15
I've thought about selling my Spark.. the problem with that is that my wife started flying it and love it. It's an easy drone to control with the RC and responds fast. She named it "Sparkles"  OMG She might even glitter it. Though it's nice having 2nd drone cam.

So yeah..it's a tough one. I really want the Air... I think think someone said it above.. if I wait for the MP2 it will adjust all the prices down and it's right around the corner. I might just wait for now.

HAHAHAHAHA....Bejazzled Spark. Just gift your wife the Spark and then justify buying a new toy. If she complains then take back the Spark - removing all the crystals and glitter - sell it and get the Air.......Sorry but I find this amusing. Closest my wife has come is to have the goggles on. No way is she taking control of anything.
2018-3-11
Use props
Hyggen Aviator
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1055610 ft
Norway

If there will be a Mavic 2 with 1" camera sensor, it will suddenly be in the same league as the Phantom 4 models - and probably the same price level too... Unless you need / want the more compact form factor and portability of the Mavics, I would then just as well buy a Phantom (seems there will also be a Phantom 5 soon), which are the best camera drones before you move into the professional segment.

I have an old Phantom 3 Advanced, which still serves me well, but wanted something more compact in addition, to bring on hikes. Looking at the sizes and weights of the Mavic Pro and the Air (the Pro looks huge besides the Air...), and when the Air gives the same or slightly better image quality, the choice was easy.  Bought a Mavic Air, and am very happy with that. I don't fly in citys though (would break every rule of separation to people and property in my country...), and haven't had any trouble whatsoever with the link.

If one can afford it, I guess the Mavic 2 will be worth waiting for, but for myself, the Phantom 4 or 5 is what I have on the wish list - when I become rich :-)
2018-3-12
Use props
Hyggen Aviator
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1055610 ft
Norway

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-3-5 18:31
Honestly you already have the Mavic Pro and Platinum. The Mavic Air won't be an upgrade so I suggest you get the MP 2 when it comes out, even if it means that you have to wait longer. Mavic Air is a great drone but it's not much of an upgrade at all compared to the MPP (I'd personally consider it a downgrade).

Well, if portability and photo- / video quality are the most important factors, like for me, the Air is a huge upgrade on the first item, and a slight upgrade on the latter. Otherwise I agree, if you aren't desperate about the size and weight, I would probably be happy with the current Mavic Pro if I already had that.
2018-3-12
Use props
PUMMY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 376450 ft
United Kingdom

Easy decision here...

1) Figure out how much money you can afford to spend
2) Figure out when you need to have the device by (include wait times for newly released products)
3) Figure out the essential features of the device you require, when you make a purchase
   This includes things like portability, focus, Ocusync etc
4) Buy and fly
2018-3-12
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules